New German Buildings for CMAK...( new pics inside)

Gentlemen,

another teaser from my ongoing new project " Beyond the Siegfried Line " with new mods to recreate the battles in Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium 1944/45 ( Ardennes,Huertgenwald,Rur Crossing etc. ). The whole set will include new buildings , new terrain mods , trees etc. and last but not least several new scenarios. Don´t hold your breath... it´s a long way to go.

During the next weeks I will use my digicam to make more shots of regional buildings from the WWII aera ( brick houses and half timbered buildings ) to use these for my project.

BTW: kudos to Juju and Ed.... modding the CM buildings is the most hellish design work I´ve ever done :rolleyes: Now I know what you guys went through.....

The pics show an early sketch of a typical brick farmhouse from the Rhineland region ( " Kappesbuurehuus " as we say here :D .. Don´t try to translate that ). It´s very close to the house that I live in ( at least the windows are photographs from my own house... the blue spot in the right window is my ashtray :cool: it´s really there since my wife forced me to smoke OUTSIDE the house :mad: )

Cheers

Tom

Brickhouse.jpg

Brickhouse2.jpg

Brickhouse3.jpg

[ July 04, 2004, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: Tom TCMHQ ]

Originally posted by Tom TCMHQ:

BTW: kudos to Juju and Ed.... modding the CM buildings is the most hellish design work I´ve ever done :rolleyes: Now I know what you guys went through.....

See! We told 'em, but did they believe us!? :D You're right, making these things is extremely timeconsuming. Three large buildings from planning stage to finish can easily take a month.

This is looking great, Tom!

If that's an early sketch, I can't wait for the finished product. That really does look great, but then we expect that from you. smile.gif

It is really tough work, and having to make damaged and winter versions doesn't help. I'm still not sure why I've started doing them again, but it's good to know I'm not alone.

Tom, hi,

It looks tremendous…stunning stuff.

A full Ardennes mod is just what is needed too, in my view. Sadly… I think it will be a long wait for CMX2 and the ability to play NWE scenarios with the CMBB/CMAK engine will, I am sure, be appreciated by a huge number of people. I do not even come close to having the ability to do this sort of thing, so have to depend on others such as you. But I can indeed imagine just how vast a task it must be.

I will follow the project with great interest. Looking forward to the end result.

Thanks,

All the best,

Kip.

Originally posted by Ales Dvorak:

Looks great. No summer hollidays for Tom, right?

:mad: :mad: That´s what I fear most :mad: :mad:

Currently I have more ideas than one man can handle ( Beside the building and terrain stuff , there will be new sounds as well ). Finally we will have a kind of CMAK total conversion :D

Dunno if I mentioned this before , but the project now has an "offical" name:

"Beyond the Siegfried Line - 1944/45". The mod should give you the enviroment for all ETO from September 44 to May 1945.

Splash.jpg

More sketches ( the factory thingie is just the result of a wired brainstorming, but maybe something like that will make it to the final version )

Brickhouse6.jpg

Thanks for all the encouraging words so far.

Cheers

Tom