MADMATT! Read this please :)

Howdy smile.gif , well I just have a request. If the huge amount of Mods for CM:OB are any warning, we should expect lots more with CM:BB, and I was wondering if we could have a forum, just for our Moders to post info about their new Mods at, or where people like me can look for some. It is hard to keep up with the mods that come out, the Moders post their new Mod here on this Forum, with pics, and soon enough, it gets knocked down so far some never see it. :(

It would be nice, to just have a Forum made for Moders to post info about their new Mods, people to post Links to their web sites that host Mods, and a place for people to look should they want to see whats out their in terms of Mods. Thats all, I just want the CM:BB Mods to be as Organized as they can be, im sure theirs gonna be a flood of new Mods. :eek:

Thanks, and if you cant, thats ok. :D

[ September 10, 2002, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Volker ]

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes SuperTed does, but why should he? Why does he have to be the one to post all the Mods for you? Why does *he* have to do all *your* work? I dont think thats fair.

A forum for Mods would be so simple, why be against it? So you want to go hunting for Mods, and SuperTed posts? When you could just pop into the Mod Forum and see whats new? SuperTed could post in their, and we could find his posts real easy.

Originally posted by Volker:

Yes SuperTed does, but why should he? Why does he have to be the one to post all the Mods for you? Why does *he* have to do all *your* work? I dont think thats fair.

A forum for Mods would be so simple, why be against it? So you want to go hunting for Mods, and SuperTed posts? When you could just pop into the Mod Forum and see whats new? SuperTed could post in their, and we could find his posts real easy.

How about a seperate SuperTed forum then???

:D

sorry, late in the night here, a bit drunk ttoo...

Cheers

marcus

Woo-hoo, well now we wait and see what happens. I, like im sure lots of you, enjoy getting Mods for the Game almost as much as playing it. Their like our tiny little models, reminds me back when I use to play with my small medal tanks. CM's Tanks are kinda like that for me, so I enjoy Modding them up to the best they can be, thats why I hope we get this forum to make things a bit more easy for people.

Originally posted by tools4fools:

Cheers

marcus

Marcus, I worry a bit about your drinking habit lately... ;)

I hope you keep the empty bottles for the next assault!

I support the idea of a mod "forum", butI may propose stg - what I saw at Shrapnel's Forums : they have a dedicated "forum" for mod POSTING only, one thread per type of mod (it's for "editable" games suche as Space Empires).

This is cool because :

1/There IS a central repository of mods, up to date

2/ Discussions are still in the main game forum, it does'nt split the community

Perhaps BTS doesn't want to actually host the files as Shrapnel does, but it doesn't change anything - links only could be posted.

Originally posted by Lindan:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by tools4fools:

Cheers

marcus

I hope you keep the empty bottles for the next assault!</font>

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

"The Mad One has left the building" for a bit. He'll be back and take a think on this soon smile.gif

Steve

Hey, while hes gone lets all talk about GI combat! We might get in a thread or two before he comes back!!!

(In reality, I wont be buying that game. Why buy bread when I have a steak at home? smile.gif )

I think that making a new forum would only slow down other forums. I suggested the same thing for making two hints and tricks forums, but no bite from BFC.

Chad

Originally posted by Lindan:

I hope you keep the empty bottles for the next assault!

I've seen the photos.

Lindan, You never, never molotov an AFV from the front. It shortens your life substantially.

Mace

[ September 16, 2002, 05:28 AM: Message edited by: Mace ]