MADMATT! Read this please :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Volker:

[QB]Yes SuperTed does, but why should he? Why does he have to be the one to post all the Mods for you? Why does *he* have to do all *your* work? I dont think thats fair.QB]

Does Super Ted even get thanks for his work? When was the last time any of us sent him a nice buoquet of flowers with a card that reads: 'Dear Super Ted, thanks for the mod updates! P.S. You're super, keep at it ol' chap!'?

Unfortunately, I'm job-less and money-less, thus I cannot afford even the smallest bouquet. However, this Renoir should suffice:

PF636.jpg

Card reads:

Dear Super Ted,

Thanks for the mod updates!

P.S.

You're super, keep at it ol' chap!

I fail to see how having a Mod Board would take away from the rest. If you looking for new Maps, you go to the Map Board, if you need help, you go to the help Board, if you want to find someone to play aginst, you go to that board, you want to just talk about CM:BB you come to this board, and if you want a Mod for the game, you go to the Mod board. Is this really that bad? I know most of you like the idea and want it, I guess im just shocked that with all the Mods out their, some guys would rather keep things as they are....Chaos. Someone posts a Mod on the Boards and it gone in Hours, way at the bottom of the Board, you gotta hunt for it. Or better yet, we make Super Ted do all the work of finding new mods and having to post about them.

Whats so hard about a simple Board where you can go to talk about Mods to see Mods? And Super Ted can post all he likes their. I just want it to be Organized. Heck, a Mod Board can be for Mods for both CM:OB, and CM:BB. Theirs far to many for MadMatt, and Super Ted to keep up with, and they should not have to, a simple place for everyone to look at for Mods would fix lot of problems.

[ September 17, 2002, 04:40 AM: Message edited by: Volker ]

I fail to see how having a Mod Board would take away from the rest. If you looking for new Maps, you go to the Map Board, if you need help, you go to the help Board, if you want to find someone to play aginst, you go to that board, you want to just talk about CM:BB you come to this board, and if you want a Mod for the game, you go to the Mod board. Is this really that bad? I know most of you like the idea and want it, I guess im just shocked that with all the Mods out their, some guys would rather keep things as they are....Chaos. Someone posts a Mod on the Boards and it gone in Hours, way at the bottom of the Board, you gotta hunt for it. Or better yet, we make Super Ted do all the work of finding new mods and having to post about them.

Whats so hard about a simple Board where you can go to talk about Mods to see Mods? And Super Ted can post all he likes their. I just want it to be Organized. Heck, a Mod Board can be for Mods for both CM:OB, and CM:BB. Theirs far to many for MadMatt, and Super Ted to keep up with, and they should not have to, a simple place for everyone to look at for Mods would fix lot of problems.

Yeah it is that bad. Soon there's gonna be seperate gangs for every board. You'll have your 'Grogaz', 'Peng bloods', 'Dorosh greasers', and they'll all be fighting toe-to-toe ol' school Westside Story style with fingers snappin' and everything.

I don't personally want to see that. :(

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Why does everybody always want to split off and divide? It only lessens the fullness of the forum. Look at the CMBO board if you would like to see what depressing solitude is like.

My suggestion: keep it simple and KEEP UP!

I just can't resist it.

Hey, I think that there ought to another forum started just for Panzer Leader. He can be given a secret password and everyone can wonder just what machinations abound within.

Heck, he can get all warm and fuzzy and nobody will even be aware of it. Talk about freedom of expression! He can even get rude or off topic and none of his posts could get locked down.

So, what'd ya say?

;)

[ September 18, 2002, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: Le Tondu ]

I feel like I am watching a rerun of Monty Python's Life of Brian where in a stadium they talk about the Peoples Front of Judea, the Judean Peoples Front, and then they mention the Peoples front for the liberation of Jueda, and they all yell "SPLITTER".

George Washington warned us in his Farewell Address about the dangers of factions.

BFC will set up their boards as they see fit. If MadMatt and company wish a forum for Mods, shazam it's there. If not....(crickets noise)

Really, I am just posting this while I ponder over a barley-pop about when my copy of CMBB will arrive.

I think I have to come down in the Mod Forum camp, 'though I do think the Main Board will clear out a little as people get The Game. It could be useful to have a place to discuss the more 'technical' aspects of Modding, the way Scenario guys discuss tweaking AI behaviour & such.

Also, Volker, would you consider editing the Thread Title to reflect the subject? I'm a bit surprised more people haven't weighed in on this.

Strt

[ September 21, 2002, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: mchlstrt ]

• 6 months later...

Jeepers, a subject from seven months ago resurrected! Who rolled the stone away from the tomb entrance?

A lot of the appeal of the dedicated mod thread has been brought to fruition by the CM mod database. That seems to be the 'go-to' place for mods, and you can do your search by author, date, type, country, etc.

With the CM mod database around a dedicated mod forum would mostly involve either posting "Check out what I just uploaded at cmmods.com!" or "What's the bmp number set for that light tank thingie again?"

[ April 17, 2003, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

True, but thats the point anyway. CMMods.com is like a 4 year olds bedroom. A total mess, people toss Mods in their all over the place. I found a Sound Mod in the Terrain area. Theirs just too much coming and going to keep up with. And on top of that, the Mod site is Sllllooooowwwwww like a snail. Sometimes it speeds up for a few then drops to a crawl. It would be nice to just have a place to go, where a Moder can post his or her work, tell me where to find it, and check it out.

[ April 17, 2003, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: Volker ]

I would like to see a mod board. I know that this board is a mismash (worse than cmmods.com) of conflicting threads, etc (ugh! Peng Challenge! :mad: ).

I also believe that there should be a mod board and a CMAK board (because THIS board ain't the place for it; I am rather tired of seeing *technically* off-topic posts about it here.

If there's space for a scenarios board (visited rather infrequently) there should be space for a Modders board. Cmmods.com is not the only place for mods (although it's the one i use...)

Zimorodok

True, but thats the point anyway. CMMods.com is like a 4 year olds bedroom. A total mess, people toss Mods in their all over the place. I found a Sound Mod in the Terrain area. Theirs just too much coming and going to keep up with. And on top of that, the Mod site is Sllllooooowwwwww like a snail. Sometimes it speeds up for a few then drops to a crawl. It would be nice to just have a place to go, where a Moder can post his or her work, tell me where to find it, and check it out.

I don't want to jump all over this but: CMmods is there and it is free . We had an opportunity to contribute to it's growth(speed?) through contributions, we declined... :rolleyes:

COG is doing a helluva job, for free , to slam it is totally unfair, unless of course, you are willing to take it over and do a better job.

And Matt has stated more than once that if he had his druthers, there would be fewer forums long before than would be more.

Honestly not trying to sound harsh, I'm just trying to ward off/delay the day that COG throws in the towel 'cause his site has become to demanding upon his time. smile.gif

KC

Originally posted by Krazy Canuck:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Volker:

I don't want to jump all over this but: CMmods is there and it is free . We had an opportunity to contribute to it's growth(speed?) through contributions, we declined... :rolleyes:

COG is doing a helluva job, for free , to slam it is totally unfair, unless of course, you are willing to take it over and do a better job.

And Matt has stated more than once that if he had his druthers, there would be fewer forums long before than would be more.

Honestly not trying to sound harsh, I'm just trying to ward off/delay the day that COG throws in the towel 'cause his site has become to demanding upon his time. smile.gif

KC </font>

For pete sakes KC im not slaming CMmods.com, how in the world did you come up with that one? I think that site is the best thing to happen to us who play CM, anyone who runs it is cool in my book. If ANYTHING, a Mod Board would help this guy, not give him more problems. I fail to see what your point is.

So we smash and crash everything on this poor guy, and let him fix everything? Or do we put up a Mod Board for people to get their Mod info, then DL from where ever the Mod is. Not all Mods are at CMMods.com ya know. With the mass of Mods out their their needs to be a place we can go to find them. We dont need a CM:BB Mods boards, and a CM:BO Mods board, just asking for one Mod board for guys to Post their stuff, it just makes things more Simple for everyone. I dont see how anyone can be against this. We are about to have THREE Combat Mission games, theirs gonna be so many Mods coming its gonna be a huge pain to get what you want unless theirs Board for it. It would be nice to just look around in a Mod Board for new Mods, rather than hunting for them in the CM:OB board, and CM:BB board, and soon the CM:AK board.

Originally posted by Krazy Canuck:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Volker:

KC </font>

For pete sakes KC im not slaming CMmods.com, how in the world did you come up with that one? I think that site is the best thing to happen to us who play CM, anyone who runs it is cool in my book. If ANYTHING, a Mod Board would help this guy, not give him more problems. I fail to see what your point is.

So we smash and crash everything on this poor guy, and let him fix everything? Or do we put up a Mod Board for people to get their Mod info, then DL from where ever the Mod is. Not all Mods are at CMMods.com ya know.

[qb]

Sounds like I misinterpreted your first post, if so, I apologise. But you were the one who pointed to CMmods. :confused:

I really didn't thing you were slammin' COG, I just want him to know we do appreciate his efforts. smile.gif And yes I agree that it would be nice if we had a central collective for Mod announcements, but BFC has stated more than once that they would not be hosting it. :(

We can hope though.....right? :D

KC