CMAK or CMBB: Which you Gonna Play?

Well, when they're both out, which?

The big improvements in CMBB eventually drove me to that game virtually full time, despite my prior orientation toward the west front--now I'm an east front fan too. But it looks like CMAK, while offering a number of new battlefields, will just contain some minor tweaks on the game engine. So with the engines about equal, which you gonna play?

The leap from CMBO to CMBB was so great for me it was hard for me to look at CMBO again. CMAK's not likely to be such a qualitative leap so I could see myself merrily switching between the desert and the birch forests as the mood strikes me... IF my computer allows.

As it stands my poor computer doesn't have large enough disk space to hold all my 'stuff' PLUS two CMBB-size games. But I suspect the vehicle count may be a bit lower on CMAK so perhaps they'll both fit on my machine. It would be VERY painful to have to choose.

Hi,

Although I agree that there are unlikely to be any improvements in CMAK on the scale of CMBB, the engine “matured” with CMBB, in my view, I will still almost exclusively play CMAK. I think!

Although the Eastern Front is probably my favourite, I have a tendency to go for the latest version, even if the improvements are only very slight this time round.

All the best,

Kip.

I pretty much play CMBB exclusively now due to the improved engine, the only exception would be a Large Campaign game I am in at BoB that's focus is the battle around St.Vith... so we are using CMBO for that.

I do prefer to play as the Americans so I could see hanging up CMBB with the arrival of CMAK. Russian stuff is fun but it just has not "grabbed" me. It also will be nice to at least understand what one side is saying/screaming during a battle!! Don't get me wrong, I love the real lanquages used. However, I am not gonna sit with my translation list while I play...

Hit Play... strange Russian text. Ok.., hit Pause. Lets see that was... "Help, my hair is on fire". Cool ok next, hit Play. German, sounds like he is mad... hit Pause. Ok... I think that is "Gunter you idiot, you just shot Jurgen! Yikes, fratricide is never fun. Hit Play again... sounds like Russian command.. Pause, Rewind listen again... Rewind... what the hell is he saying, Rewind.. ok Pause think I got it. "You have 2 ways to die, with a German bullet in your chest or a Russian bullet in your back, you decide!!" You know the Russian Political Officer really did have a tough job! Ok, 10 seconds down of Turn 2 of this 30+ turn battle!!

I'll be playing both BB and AK.

I've tried going back to BO but somehow its just not the same ...

I wonder how long it will be before somebody tried a meta-campaing covering the whole war.

(Or a version of Campaign rules) Having groups of people fighting in NW Europe, Italy and the Eastern front !!

Perhaps with people moving between games as their units get deployed between theatres ! :eek:

I imaging it would be a nightmare to administer!

I will be playing CMBB and CMAK. No more CMBO for me. I no longer play it now as I find not only the ineffectiveness of MG's annoying but also the inaccuracy of the German tanks makes CMBO lob-sided.

When CMAK arrives I will be playing the Italian terrain 90+ % of the time. I will definitely be re-creating some of the Western Front battles using the much improved engine with the already familiar western front vehicles.

Originally posted by securityguard:

CMBB

besides the front changes, CMBO is pretty obsolete and pointless to play otherwise. the changes in CMBB make it a more balanced, and well designed game

Amen Bro,

I look forward to a West Front/CMBO Re-do.

Can you imagine playing "Crown of Thorns" with the CMBB engine? Awesome.... Ugh..Agh...Uh oh, too much excitement...must calm down...Where are my heart pills?

Sincerely,

Captain Unconscious

Being a Kiwi, CMAK will definitely have me sending the 2 NZEF into battle as much as possible - especially playing/making scenarios based on the NZ official histories.

Or if I get tired of that, I can always overrun some Aussies with some Germans (or Italians, for that extra embarrasment factor) smile.gif

Originally posted by atiff:

Being a Kiwi, CMAK will definitely have me sending the 2 NZEF into battle as much as possible - especially playing/making scenarios based on the NZ official histories.

Or if I get tired of that, I can always overrun some Aussies with some Germans (or Italians, for that extra embarrasment factor) smile.gif

Hehehehe, as an Aussie, bring on Tobruk!!!

Hey can CMAK have a really special scenario where the Anzacs stormed the Tobruk warehouse held by the Brits to get ammunition mines etc after Tobruk was encircled? No brits were killed to my knowledge but they were well humiliated.

tongue.gif

Originally posted by Mick_Oz:

I've barely scratched the surface of CMBB so far but when CMAK arrives, CM will definitely be running on my PC in dual throttle mode! And hey CA, as a previous tourney sparring opponent, if you're up for a social game of CMBB, give me a hoy!

You're on! Email on the way.... :D