The Early Bird Gets The Peng Challenge Thread

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by rune:

I just sent this message out to you..,

{snipped trivia ... actually I'm surprised there's anything left ...} May these scenarios cause you to lose your hair, age prematurely, and act like a total fool, yes, may they make you act like Joe Shaw. May they cause you much pain...

Rune

And a PS, Microsoft Word tries to spellcheck ubergnome, it picks username. Need I say more?

Rune, Rune, Rune, it doesn't become you lad, this unreasoning jealousy of me. Face the facts, lad, deal with reality, while you WISH you were me ... YOU WILL NEVER ACHIEVE THOSE HEIGHTS.

It's like Everest you know, they say that if it was 1000 feet lower it would have been summited in 1924 ... that's like you. If it were 1000 feet higher, it might never have been climbed ... that's like me. Even with oxygen, sherpas by the score and the most balmy of weather (by Everest standards) you'd never reach my heights. Better to be known for reaching the heights you CAN reach (surely there are some hills in Ohio for example) than to be memorialized like George Leigh Mallory as the man who failed.

Joe

GAMEY UPDATES!

(Gettem while they're hot!)

Seanachai's units are popping up one by one. They are also dying one by one. Funny how that happens.

SpeedBump (Remember him?) and I are fighting over a small village nestled in a picturesque valley. But as he only sends turns once a month, I don't remember why.

Nidan is down one tank with more to follow, because I've finally discovered his secret. Buy lots of tanks and just run them across the board.

Leeeeeo refuses to accept the fact that I'm trouncing him soundly. Well, he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, so what can you expect?

PapKahn is a big meany and he's killing all my troops. I shall be forced to mock him in ever more furious ways.

Croda stopped answering my E-mails. No doubt he saw the hand writing on the wall and it said, "You suck."so he's probably off somewhere weeping hot, salty tears.

JDMorse is bemoaning the fact that he has no armor or support HTs. Lazy old fart.

Lars and I are just starting a new scenario on a map designed by dalem.The mind balks at the visual trappings of a tripper.

dalem (Speaking of which) just met up with my two crack flamethrowers. Can you say ouch?

Malakovski and I are wailing the bejeebers out of each other with lots and lots of tanks in a cityscape. Don't try this at home.

Hiram is owed a move by me, but as he usually takes two or three weeks to get moves back to me, I'm not sweating it.

Moraine gets all ascaired when I say BOO! And with good reason. What with Hiram teaching her everything he knows (which took about 2-3 minutes), she's playing under a tremendous handicap.

OGSF, R_Leete, Joe and Gaylord are all AWOL.

I owe both MrSpkr and PondScum set-ups and I may even get to them someday.

I think that's all of you tittering toenail chewers.

Later,

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

If it were 1000 feet higher, it might never have been climbed ... that's like me. Even with oxygen, sherpas by the score and the most balmy of weather (by Everest standards) you'd never reach my heights.

So, you're saying that your excuse is, you are oxygen-deprived.

It would explain a lot . . .

Steve

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by lenakonrad:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Squire to AussieJeff?

Faithful .Always .Forever.

Lucky Squire to the only

REAL KNIGHT

Sir AUSSIEJEFF .

Knight too ,indeed ,sig:"Kill the Hyena". </font>

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

If it were 1000 feet higher, it might never have been climbed ... that's like me. Even with oxygen, sherpas by the score and the most balmy of weather (by Everest standards) you'd never reach my heights.

So, you're saying that your excuse is, you are oxygen-deprived.

It would explain a lot . . .

Steve </font>

Dear Disinterested Public,

A couple of game updates.

Malakovski....I'm crushing him.

Noba.....I'm crushing him.

Mr and Ms Sedai.....I forget. They finally got around to converting to v1.03 and I haven't heard from them since. It must be assumed though that I am crushing them.

Love,

Elvis

Originally posted by Elvis:

Dear Disinterested Public,

A couple of game updates.

Snipped !

Noba.....I'm crushing him.

Snipped !

Love,

Elvis

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha - ha.

Phew.

TOSSER. One burst of defensive fire - answered by 9 rounds of my 75mm HE DOES NOT MEAN A CRUSHING... ! Unless it it the flying bits of mg parts from your foxhole. Yeah, that's it.

In another update-from-the-front.

MrSpkr has had the clever idea to SURRENDER in out little battle he foisted upon moi. Nice one, praise be to me with my greater tactical abilities and dashing good looks.

Noba.

News from the battlefield:

Boo_Radley: Is valiantly attempting to achieve local fire superiority by lining up Panzers and firing blindly ahead, so far he has knocked out a few houses and.... several fence posts have been unearthed.

Speedy: Sits in the dark forest, shivering in fear as my Soviet Naval Infantry, overruns position after position...his attempts at bravado are laughable.

Seanachai: Has managed to stay so far out of range, that even sound contacts are impossible...all the while my forces gobble up the Victory Locations.

Noba: Valiantly attempts to defend the indefensible...its sad really.

Leutnant Hortlund: Claims my forces are not aggressive enough, while he hides in factories and stone buildings...in the fog....expecting me to stumble into his ambushes...pillock!!!

Mace: Thinks he has the upper hand, *phaff*, my flanking forces are about to descend upon him like a ravaging plague.

Malakovski: Does not think that taking out a battalion of Russian armor is enough for him, and whines about IL-2s circling the battle map...little does he know I have two more battalions of armor.

Leeo: Is learning the error of false pride.

Nestor: Has just begun to learn the art of serious dying.

Last and certainly least:

Gaylord Focker: AWOL and probably either has verbal diarrhea or the other kind.

[serious] To all my friends of the Peng Challenge Thread

Thank you all for your kind words and support during a difficult time. My wife will be released either today or tomorrow depending on some tests that are being run. When she gets home she will have a nurse during the day and me at night. This will preclude any computer game playing for quite some time. As this is a Challenge Thread and I cannot respond I will be departing.

I can still post from work and will keep an eye on you guys on the General Forum.

From my wife and myself our heartfelt thanks for your support and prayers. From me, my thanks for making me laugh and keeping my spirits up during a difficult time. You guys are the best![/serious]

Gym Bags,

[serious] Be good. Take care of both your wife and yourself. Come back from time to time and let us know how you both are doing, [/serious] and know that in all our hearts, you are and ever shall remain a Scum Sucking N00b, who's one redeeming feature is that you are a Floridiot and if we ever really get fed up with your state, we can just cut it loose and let it drift down to French Guyana. Not that I really have anything against the French Guyanesers. Nothing that a state full of old, white flabby guys in large shorts and black socks descending on them in a large, overbearing manner couldn't fix.