The Laying of the King Before the Altar: The Peng Challenge Sinks Gracefully Backward

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Never have so few, caused so many, to suffer for such little effort expended...

JESUS CHRIST, MACE! EVEN I FOUND THIS TERRIFYING!

My job is now complete.

(for tonight)

Mace

[ January 29, 2003, 05:00 AM: Message edited by: Mace ]

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

...lithsome odalisques...

Boo, amidst the deep, untroubled pools of your stupidity, one does, on occasion, wade through quick, sparkling waters of intellect. Not very often, but it's still refreshing.

You were born in northern Ohio, weren't you? </font>

Originally posted by soon to be exLt Hortlhund:

Fancy that, I didnt know Lord Nelsons flagship was named "Dr Banana"...lucky guess I suppose.

Aaaarrgh!

Damme, it's no suprise to see Hortlhund all abashed afore tha BilgeRat. Gazing at the deck and shuffling 'is feet like some midshipman hauled up before the Cap'n for dereliction. No amount of muttering under 'is breath about bananas and such like can hide the fact that the rum sodden buffoon named some his bathtoys "Victory" and "Mars" sullying the name of these fine ships which fought on the glorious 21st of October and pon the latter poor George Duff met 'is end (rest 'is soul).

Why Moriarty 'as the rights of it, hanging is too good for him, a 150 lashes is more likeit (keelhauling bein' not quite the same spectacle, if you get my meaning).

Originally posted by BilgeRat:

... "Mars" sullying the name of these fine ships which fought on the glorious 21st of October

W H A T? Are you seriously saying that the British navy has had a ship named "Mars"? ANYONE with even half a brain knows that "Mars" is the proud name of one of history's greatest warships, the old Swedish battle ship.

[History teacher mode]

The admiral ship Mars was one of the most famous battle ships in Europe during medieval times due to its formidable strength and the tales of the hideous curse resting over the ship. The curse origins from believes that the church bells that King Gustav Vasa claimed by force and melted down into canons annoyed God. Regardless if it was the curse or the overwhelming force of the Danish and Lubish fleet the Mars meet its destiny outside northern Öland in the year of our lord 1564 and disappeared below the waves and have since rested untouched and forgotten for centuries.

The ship measured 60 meter (200 ft) or more in length and had a width of 15 meters (50 ft) and weighted 2200 tons. She was armed with 173 bronze canons of varying size and legions of falkonettes and falkones and had a crew of more than 700 men.

[/History teacher mode]

The insolence is untolerable, the nerve of that british wannabe-navy that has never accomplished ANYTHING important WHATSOEVER in the history of mankind. Have THEY dared to defile the proud "Mars"? What pray tell was the british version of the "Mars"? A 10 foot longboat manned by drunken sods? How silly of me the WHOLE british navy has never been anything but a semi amusing gathering of drunken sods sitting in hollowed tree logs in various degrees of decay. There they sit drinking piss warm "ale" and name their logs after their imagined sexual abilities "Victory" (presumably after someone finally managed to get lucky with the town prostitute) "Repulse" (someone who failed the same endeavour), "Rodney" (someone naming his "boat" after his boyfriend) etc etc.

Well enough is enough. I will not accept this insult on the greatest navy ever to sail the seven seas.

*Takes off glove*

*slap*

Choose your *slap* weapons sire, *slap* slap* for I demand reparation.

*slap* slap* *SLAP*

*throws down glove*

[ January 29, 2003, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: Leutnant Hortlund ]

Originally posted by Leutnant Hortlund:

"Mars" is the proud name of one of history's greatest warships, the old Swedish battle ship.

Isn't that the one that flipped over in the harbor and sank on it's maiden voyage?

SSN Hint Of The Day: Use gift wrapping paper a second time.

Now sod off.

Nope. That was Vasa. Not the proudest moment in the naval history of Sweden. I would be surprised to hear we ever won anything major on the seas. Just like the British Royal Navy I suppose.

We always were more of the trudge along all over Poland and Germany until something stood in our way kind of superpower.

Moriarty: Messenger did not arrive. Probably caught, scalped and tortured by Comanches. Send another.

hehe, the most bewildering part about the Vasa is the fact that for some reason we have raised the bloody ship from the bottom of the ocean, put it on land (so it wouldnt sink again one might presume), built a museum around it and is showing it off to the whole world.

Its absurd. Look at our greatest failure: yes, we suck.

Originally posted by Leutnant Hortlund:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

There's a lesson in there for you somewhere.

Yeah, yeah, I know I know. If at first you dont succeed, remove all evidence that you ever tried. </font>

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by MrSpkr somewhere on the Outerboards:

<font size=-1>Frankly, you should avoid scouting with vehicles in general. Use your infantry, unless, of course, you have a compelling reason not to. Given EFOW, it is quite likely a scout car would be plugged by an AT gun without ever spotting his attacker anyway.</font>

Sorta like what happened to your Csaba ("gesundheit!") after it scouted over the top of that hill last turn, eh? Send more.

Originally posted by PondScum:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrSpkr somewhere on the Outerboards:

<font size=-1>Frankly, you should avoid scouting with vehicles in general. Use your infantry, unless, of course, you have a compelling reason not to. Given EFOW, it is quite likely a scout car would be plugged by an AT gun without ever spotting his attacker anyway.</font>

Sorta like what happened to your Csaba ("gesundheit!") after it scouted over the top of that hill last turn, eh? Send more. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Papa Khann:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

the usual assortment of long-winded blather... and

An anonymous internet forum? I've published my real name and home address on this forum a number of times.

And he's still single.

Papa </font>

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by R_Leete:

Juts thought I'd point out the fact that it was I who lurred Papa Khan back into the MBT. No need to thank me, Seanachai, I do it for your own good.

Isn't he wonderful, ladies and gentlemen? Just like a trained gorilla, but without the training. </font>