Who has the smallest member number?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the size of yr member number, but what you do with it that counts...

PS: I'm in the same boat as "aka_tom_w": Had to re-register twice thanks to the Great Board Outage of '99 --- and the even more infamous "Night of the Refreshing Monkeys".

I send Charles/Steve some wine (Pinotage in fact) some time ago - for reasons given elsewhere. In exchange after tasting the wine and being very impressed with the unique cultivar, Charles has send me the registration number - that is #1.

I have decided to put it up for bidding here in the forum. No, don't look at me 2000+ number under my name on the left hand side. I'm not THAT important and self indulgent to ascribe the #1 to my name. Yet.

Starting at a bid of $1.00 for reg. #1 - any offers?

Brgds

Charl Theron

Took a trip down memory lane (a.k.a search) and released that my first post came in a thread where Steve reported that the -first- day of vehicle building was done smile.gif

I can still hear my tender little voice, eyes firmly fixed on my shoes, uttering the words...

"HVSS stands for Horizontal Volute Spring Suspension. This suspension type replaced the vertical volute spring type and was used in later models of the M4 tank.

However, as all M4A3s armed with the 76mm gun (Sherman IVA in UK service) were fitted with wet stowage, it is true to say that a M4A3 (76) HVSS was less likely to brew up. No thanks to the suspension though."

Oh, how the time has passed since those days of adolescence smile.gif

M.

[ 04-12-2001: Message edited by: Mattias ]

[ 04-12-2001: Message edited by: Mattias ]

In our collective ignorance, we have ignored the lowest number, 0.

And that honor belongs to Mike D.

When looking for his email, this message popped up.

"No member profile found for member number"

Now that is one insult I though one would only find in the cesspool.

BTW, I found it trying to sse if Herman Munster was number 1313.

This is the thread http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=004290

Mike D cannot be found by searching by member number 0, so this poor fella likely is a member WITHOUT a number, 0 likely being the reported number for numberless members.

Their be other member number 0s, like Thomas William Davie, Capt_Manieri, John Pender

, and Zigster.

[ 04-12-2001: Message edited by: Wilhammer ]

I'm pretty sure A. Arabian is right about the alphabetical thing for us folsk from the first day. I'm just a couple below Berli, which is right alphabetically (and is why Bigtime Software is just a couple after him). With number 2 being 007 (using zeroes) and AR and A. Arabian being in the single digits (with R coming before '.' in the alphabet, apparently tongue.gif ), it seems to make sense.

Now, I think latter folks are by when the registered, it's just the early folks who are alphabetical.