Why not answer, it 'll be interesting - I think.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basel, Switzerland during 5 months per year when it's not too cold there.

Somewhere between Yangon and Manila during the 7 months when it's too cold in good ol' Switzerland...

Seems no other Swiss people around here - maybe they don't play war games because they would have to chose either Allies or Axis and therefore couldn't stay neutral anymore...or they are all busy playing Navy games.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dieseltaylor:

incidentally yeah TORONTO - particularly for Jarvis Collegiate Institute

also by way of Sidney, Aus and Auckland N.Z<hr></blockquote>

arrghh! really?? cool I was at JCI from 1985-89!! cool. they kicked me out. bastards!! more like jerk vice principle Mr. Huges (SP? who cares I hated him)!!

[ 11-26-2001: Message edited by: mensch ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

Finally, another guy from LA. All you have to do is drop two bombs: at the 101 & 405 and 10 & 405 interchanges. Once you take those out the city is paralyzed and demoralized. It's a cake walk from there because no one gives a rat's ass what happens here. Do it on a rainy day and you don't even need the bombs because everyone is disoriented anyway. Of course channels 5, 9, 11, and 13 would have choppers covering the whole thing - unless a high speed freeway chase starts, which would obviously be more important. But yes, the weather is nice. smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

Yes, LA must have pretty good weather. We here on the other side of the mountains (in the valley) must breath most of your city's smog due to the wonderful winds coming in from the Pacific.

-KB, a Bakersfield resident gaging on LA fumes

:D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Frenchy:

Peachtree City, Georgia USA - via Walter Reed Army Hospital...<hr></blockquote>

Too cool . . . it's always nice to meet another Walter Reed alumnus!

Myself:

Silver Spring, MD --> Bangkok, Thailand -->

Indianapolis, IN --> Gardner, KS -->

Parkville, MO --> Rolla, MO --> Hampton, VA -->

Atlanta, GA --> Hampton, VA

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Swede:

Too cool . . . it's always nice to meet another Walter Reed alumnus!

Myself:

Silver Spring, MD --> Bangkok, Thailand -->

Indianapolis, IN --> Gardner, KS -->

Parkville, MO --> Rolla, MO --> Hampton, VA -->

Atlanta, GA --> Hampton, VA<hr></blockquote>

ill play that game:

Phoenix, Az --> Houston, Tx --> Glendale, Az-->

Peoria, Az --> Flagstaff #1, Az --> Flagstaff #2,

Az --> Flagstaff #3, Az --> Provo, Ut --> Gary,

In --> Michigan City, In --> LaPorte, In -->

Tinley Park, Il --> Wheaton, Il --> Aurora,

IL --> Woodridge, Il --> Flagstaff, Az -->

Scottsdale, Az --> and finally Mesa, Az. im moving in two weeks to Flagstaff. got to love the mountain and snow.

From State College PA to North Brunswick NJ.

No intervening stops. No diversions. Nothing whatsoever a'tall.

Gahd I'm boring!

MrSpkr, OH and OK are pretty close on the keyboard, but very NOT close in actuality. How'd you go from "the silly state just west of the northern end of the Bible Belt" (that'd be my home state of PA) to the Great Flat Nothing (howdy pahdnuh!)

DjB

[ 11-26-2001: Message edited by: Doug Beman ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Doug Beman:

MrSpkr, OH and OK are pretty close on the keyboard, but very NOT close in actuality. How'd you go from "the silly state just west of the northern end of the Bible Belt" (that'd be my home state of PA) to the Great Flat Nothing (howdy pahdnuh!)

DjB<hr></blockquote>

Job. I worked in a group home in BFE Ohio after law school (long story -- don't ask) because they paid the best in that particular field. Stayed there six months before my wife and I figured out WHY they paid the best in the field. Lateralled to another agency here in South Oklahoma (that's Texas to you uncivilized folks) and have been here ever since.

Ohio was, well, different. We lived in a rural county with a large Amish population, about six miles south of Mad River Mountain - the highest point (and only ski slope that I know of) in Ohio. The snow was okay, and the people were, well, okay I guess, but , as they say, I'm an American by birth and a Southerner by the Grace of God, and there is no place like home.