Frequently Asked Questions answered by cesspoolers from the Peng Thread(tm)

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

Unless the Bofors has been changed in v1.05, I believe this is incorrect. I have certainly been able to limber, move, unlimber and re-limber a Bofors, in the snow, no less. It is slow, but possible.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup. Your're right. I have no idea why I couldn't do it before.

------------------

You've never heard music until you've heard the bleating of a gut-shot cesspooler. -Mark IV

A Public Service of the Peng Thread.

Remember, the only stupid question is the one you post where everyone can see it.

Wanna know how to take a screen shot? How to string all the turns into one long movie? Why they don't show all 12 men in a squad?

This is the place to stop lurking and start smirking, with the cool guys from the incomprehensible Peng Thread, aka Cesspool!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark IV:

A Public Service of the Peng Thread.

Remember, the only stupid question is the one you post where everyone can see it.

Wanna know how to take a screen shot? How to string all the turns into one long movie? Why they don't show all 12 men in a squad?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Screen shot, yes. One long movie, YES! 12 men, no.

rv

rvalle, mac or pc?

For a PC: Set up the screenshot you want to take. Hit "Print Screen" on your keyboard. The image is saved to your clipboard.

Open "Paint" or other bitmap editor. The hit "paste" from the edit menu. The image will be pasted. You can then modify it to your heart's content.

[This message has been edited by Forever Babra (edited 01-08-2001).]

I have a question. Do Peng threadders ever bathe? Last time I went in there, it stank. Why bother with the peng thread at all, you ask? Um, well, I was bored.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

I have a question. Do Peng threadders ever bathe? Last time I went in there, it stank. Why bother with the peng thread at all, you ask? Um, well, I was bored.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the answers to these questions:

Why bathe when you can wallow?

The Nose: Germ Portal, or Useless Appendage?

He's not heavy, he's my bother

Ask Not, why bother with the Peng Thread, but ask, Why does the Peng Thread bother with you?

Boredom, The Silent Killer

Bummer, it's Jeeves' day off.

Now take a... oops. Thanks for contacting the Peng Thread FAQ!

[This message has been edited by Mark IV (edited 01-09-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Aitken:

Shandorf wrote:

> First 3 words. You are screwed.

This, Rich, is an example of an inveterate loser. Goes into battle believing he's doomed and acts accordingly. You'll never win if you think like that. Bad Jeff, that's it, you're sacked from the role of Morale Officer. I think bauhaus would do a better job.

David

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah? Well, I still think he is screwed. Pfffffth!

Jeff

------------------

I once killed a six pack just to watch it die.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

If you stick to Moriarty or perhaps a 4 day old corpse, you might have a chance at winning.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a question!!

Me!!!

What are the odds winning a PBEM against a 4 day old corpse, as apposed to winning against any other type of corpse?

Mace

[This message has been edited by Mace (edited 01-09-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

I have a question. Do Peng threadders ever bathe? Last time I went in there, it stank. Why bother with the peng thread at all, you ask? Um, well, I was bored.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No we don't you moron. The reason we don't is because, even if we did, we hang out in a bloody, frickin' Cesspool! What are you, stupid? Do you make sure to take a shower before you swim? Do you wipe before you hit the head? People like you make me sick, sick, you sorry sot. Don't you think? Don't you realize that without the use of a brain a human being will die? I can only hope that you have all ready been hit by a bus full of nuns and are in no condition to read this post much less post another piece of drivel so horrendously stupid as to cause me such pain.

By the way, what the hell is a threadder? You just make these words up, don't you? You know what happens when people just make stuff up when they post?

A) They defeat the bad guys and get the girl.

B) They're morons and they get their livers pecked out by giant flying marsupial chumchucks.

The answer depends on the quality of word. You, of course, will be visited by the chumchucks if the nunbus hasn't gotten you yet.

------------------

Meeks is correct.

-Steve, of Big Time Software, creator of Combat Mission, Vicar of Peng on Earth.

"Pigpen Elijah" doesn't speak for all of the cesspoolers. I like a sponge bath before dipping into the pool. I also like to use the loofah of destiny to scrape off all of the dead skin on my oh so hairy back. I am constantly reminded to trip my toenails because of all the wounds I've caused in the pool. They are my personal hedge clippers. hehe

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

Here's an actual serious question, everyone: Using Allied armor, what's the largest range you would suggest engaging Axis armor at? I'm having problems where 2 Chaffees, 1 Super Pershing, 2 vanilla M4s, 1 Jackson, and a Sherm 76 can't hit anything smaller than Meeks' megalomania. I'm engaging Panters and MkIVs at ranges from 800 - 1500 meters, and while the Axis armor is hitting, my shots aren't anywhere close. Is this simply too far for Allied armor to engage from? or am I just having "one of those games" (or "all of those games" for me). Anyone want to tell me what a foo I am?

------------------

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -

THIS SIG FILE BELONGS TO A COMPLETE FOO.

MR T WOULDN'T BE SO KIND AS TO WRINKLE AN EYEBROW AT THIS UNFORTUNATE BEING. PLEASE OFFER HIS PARENTS AND COHABITANTS ALL SYMPATHY POSSIBLE. MAY BE CONTAGIOUS. CONTAINS ARTIFICIAL SWEETNER, INTELLIGENCE AND WIT. STAND WELL CLEAR AND LIGHT WICK. BY ORDER PETERNZ

Damn Croda. That is one funny sig!!!

must suck to be you - Hiram Sedai

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mace:

I have a question!!

Me!!!

What are the odds winning a PBEM against a 4 day old corpse, as apposed to winning against any other type of corpse?

Mace

[This message has been edited by Mace (edited 01-09-2001).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good question, Mace! Good question indeed!

Okay, lets think about this. We need to set the corpse equal to some constant. I got it. Okay, lets say that a 4 day old corpse plays as well as Hiram (not a stretch by any means of the imagination). Well, then givin' that Hiram appears NOT to improve with time it would mean that:

(Where N equals time)

Corpse + 4 days = Hiram + N

Now it is true that the difference between any old corpse and a 4 day old corpse is:

Any old corpse - Corpse + 4 days = X

thus,

Any old corpse - Corpse = 4 days + X

and so, using the first corollary

Corpse + Any old corpse - Corpse = Hiram + N

Any old corpse = Hiram + N

Thus we can infer:

Any old corpse = Corpse + 4 days.

Therefore we can solve the above equation:

Corpse + 4 days - Corpse = 4 days + X

X = 0

And there ya have it, there is NO difference between a 4 days old corpse, and any old corpse, and also playing Hiram.

Jeff

------------------

I once killed a six pack just to watch it die.

General Purpose Strategy. For those of you mooks too afraid to ask.

c.gif

------------------

The Thin Red Line doesn't deserve to lick the sweat from my balls let alone demand the cash I would lay down for the DVD version. Seesh. The movie was lame-o! With a capital Hiram.

-Shandorf

Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

Don't you realize that without the use of a brain a human being will die?

Looks like you may be a case in point. What color flowers should I send to the funeral? smile.gif

By the way, what the hell is a threadder? You just make these words up, don't you?

Yup.

You know what happens when people just make stuff up when they post?

A) They defeat the bad guys and get the girl.

B) They're morons and they get their livers pecked out by giant flying marsupial chumchucks.

The answer depends on the quality of word. You, of course, will be visited by the chumchucks if the nunbus hasn't gotten you yet.

Haven't seen any chumchucks yet. Besides, I doubt I have much of a liver left for them to peck at after all those Christmas break parties. Also, they closed two of the three roads to my college, so I'm not too concerned about the bus. Option A didn't come true either, I haven't had much luck with the girl.

Sorry I offended all you Peng Threadders, or whatever you call yourselves without making up words. I thought you guys were beyond offence, but I guess I was wrong or somefink.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

What is the meaining of life?

Does CM affect the meaning of life?

Should uxoricide be legal under certain circumstances?

WWB

------------------

Before battle, my digital soldiers turn to me and say,

Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salutamus.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wwb_99:

What is the meaining of life?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>iirc......44

Gustav.....ignore Meeks, we do, that's why there is a special brick, just for him. He recently returned from Artic climes and well penguins can only assuage so mouch lonliness , ya know? So perhaps his re socializtion is taking a bit more understanding from all of us. Let's all sing Kum ba ya now, ok?

------------------

Have you been injured? Has your PBEM opponent won a game through the use of tank crew human waves? Are you offended by ahistorical tactics? Has that gamey recon jeep been keeping you awake at night? Well your troubles are over. Just call me, jd Esq. and I and my crack team of legal weasels will get you the compensation that you are entitled to. Remember, I'm in your corner. (that is unless you don't pay your bills, in which case, I'll sue you for every last penny) - Marlow & Associates Advertising Agency