Frequently Asked Questions answered by cesspoolers from the Peng Thread(tm)

We've batted this idea around via email for a couple days and everyone except one hammerhead, whose name and email address are unfamiliar to me, are up for the task.

We have been accused of clogging up this board with worthless drivel for a long time. We would now like to do something constructive for the CM community.

Newbies, oldbies, idiots and fools feel free to ask your questions about CM here. It seems at least one of us no life having cesspoolers is around here almost 24 hours a day. Many of us have been posting or lurking literally for years, so we have read nearly every discussion of how the game works and why some things are designed the way they are.

We also feel we can add a little humor to your answers. If you haven't read any of the babbling in the Peng thread then understand if someone takes a shot at you or gives you a jab it is all in good fun. There will be no flame wars because trolls just get ignored by the thick skinned folks from the cesspool.

We will provide your answers to you clearly and without telling you to do a search (except after having answered your question we feel that an old thread may explain it to you in more detail).

We are serious in our desire to help. And want anyone who has a question to feel free to ask. There are no stupid question (I have heard that line since the 1st grade and never believed it..there are plenty of stupid questions...I just felt I should add that).

This is not a joke.

------------------

What do we do with a terrible liar? Well, Great liars we send into the clergy.

Good liars we groom for politics. Moderate liars we supply with sherrif's badges

and guns, and the bad liars, well, we make them heroin whores. So what the hell

do we do with the Terrible Liars? Well, it seems we turn them into physicists

called "chrisl." Peng

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Banshee:

Some questions for the FAQ:

1. What is the Peng thread?

2. Why is the Peng thread?

3. Is there anything we can do to get rid of the Peng thread?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What was your question about CM? Operators are standing by.

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

"Why can't HMG crews run? Pls do somefink!

The penetration of the '88' is all wrong. Pls do somefink!

The 'sneak' command is all wrong. Pls do somefink!"

HMG are too heavy to run with for any kind of distance that would make it worth having the feature for.

Hadn't heard that there was a problem with 88 penetration.

The sneak command performs the way it was designed to. Perhaps you are reffering to the "move to contact" request. Steve has said that no command like that will be implemented as a patch. Also, it may not be put in until the game engine itself is redesigned. It would require more work than you can imagine.

------------------

Good liars we groom for politics. Moderate liars we supply with sherrif's badges

called "chrisl." Peng

"So how do you do a search?"

Scroll up and just underneath the "post reply" button is a link to the search feature.

------------------

called "chrisl." Peng

"1. What is the Peng thread?

3. Is there anything we can do to get rid of the Peng thread?"

1. Taunting and annoying other Peng thread participants.

2. So the foolishness doesn't spill out onto the rest of the board.

3. No.

------------------

called "chrisl." Peng

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Banshee:

Some questions for the FAQ:

1. What is the Peng thread?

3. Is there anything we can do to get rid of the Peng thread?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While I would rather not answer the first two questions as they virge on the realms of quantum mechanics, string theory and the existance of dimensions far beyond 3 spatial and 1 temporal, I can however respond to the third:

Deposit large substantial sums of money in each cesspooler's account, and we may consider closing the pool down, given the distractions of our new found wealth!

Hope that helps, biggrin.gif

Mace

1. What is the chemical composition of the so-called "Cess" in the dreaded pool?

2. Why does BTS not implement a patch where in addition to the regular vehicles and troops we can buy for our QB's, we can also purchase special characters with names and abilities originating from the Peng thread?

3. I am the unluckiest person alive during a QB. I've tried sacrifising lambs and wearing rabbit feet but to no avail! What now?

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

by the Commissar

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>1. What is the chemical composition of the so-called "Cess" in the dreaded pool?

Carbon dioxide, since the cess is off the dwellers own making. Basically verbal taunts at other dwellers. Hot air, CO2

2. Why does BTS not implement a patch where in addition to the regular vehicles and troops we can buy for our QB's, we can also purchase special characters with names and abilities originating from the Peng thread?

Well, since the dwellers of the pool started the whole hamster craze. By using "kitty's" hamster mod, you will get what you ask for.

3. I am the unluckiest person alive during a QB. I've tried sacrifising lambs and wearing rabbit feet but to no avail! What now?

Umm, hard question. It may be that there really is no hope for you. You might try selling your soul to Berli. Couldn't hurt.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

by Pillar

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Where do you find REALLY good opponents?

There are some really fine players that dwell in the pool, but actually taunting them efectivly enough to recieve a game is becoming difficult.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now up untill now all the questions here have bordered on the insane. I hope people settle down and allow this thread to become what we intended. A place for people to ask serious game related questions and recieve serious game related answers.

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lorak:

A place for people to ask serious game related questions and recieve serious game related answers.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder now that we have called, how many will come?

After all, the cesspool is both feared and envied by the 'real world' inhabitants and the extension of the proverbial olive branch may well be scorned.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stuka:

Hey Macey Grey, guess who is finishing work at 12.00 Qld time today?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Stukes, before I answer may I first ask a couple of questions of my own to better understand your situation?

Is 12.00 noon (Qld time) today the time that you finished getting your daily advice/assistance on:

(i) benefits for the long-term unemployed, or

(ii) self-improvement for those lacking social skills and/or redeeming features?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>And who is then going home to install mods to his game?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me!

It's just that I'll be doing it a bit later than you!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>muahahahhaaaaaaaa!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, that's a statement!

Next!!!

Mace

[This message has been edited by Mace (edited 12-27-2000).]

"When I grow up, I wanna be just like you!"

1. Is this daring (some say insane or even suicidal ((to one's mind))) feat impossible now-a-days? Hath the CessPool been filled to its slimy limits?

2. I hear you have to insult pretty darn well to get one of the Cessers' to accept your challenge. Is calling the lot of you "scum-sucking scum who marry your cousins" eligible to get a nod of approval?

3. Do I really need to purchase a good thesaurus (and a good dictionary so I can finally spell thesaurus correctly) to correctly participate in the Pool?

[This message has been edited by The Commissar (edited 12-27-2000).]

from the Commissar

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>1. Is this daring (some say insane or even suicidal ((to one's mind))) feat impossible now-a-days? Hath the CessPool been filled to its slimy limits?

The pool is an empty vessel. It is used but never filled. The pool is the infinite ancestor of the ten thousand things.

Invisible but always present. I do not know from whence it comes. It might appear to have always been here.

2. I hear you have to insult pretty darn well to get one of the Cessers' to accept your challenge. Is calling the lot of you "scum-sucking scum who marry your cousins" eligible to get a nod of approval?

If one person gets there with one try, try ten times.

If another succeeds with a hundred tries, make a thousand.

Proceeding in this manner, even one who is a bit slow will find the cess; even a weak one will find the pool.

3. Do I really need to purchase a good thesaurus (and a good dictionary so I can finally spell thesaurus correctly) to correctly participate in the Pool?

The wise man seeks everything in himself; the ignorant man tries to get everything from somebody else.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

by Bryan:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>What exactly does "move to contact" mean? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is an order for your men to perform some action (such as sneak) until they make contact with an enemy unit. After they make contact they will perform another action.

examples: sneak forward until you spot the enemy and then hide.

This has been ask for, but according to BTS will not become reality until the new CM engine is written.

Lorak

------------------

Cesspool

BryanMan50 wrote:

> What exactly does "move to contact" mean?

Step aside Lorak, I have had the specifics of this one hammered into my psyche!

Essentially, "advance until you see the enemy, and then stop and shoot". This has been requested as an alternative to Sneak ("advance cautiously and avoid drawing attention to yourself, and only fire if fired upon"). However, the issue of what would constitute "contact", and whether the order should be stealthy like Sneak or offensive like Move, has led to the indefinite postponement of the inclusion of this feature into CM.

David