Frequently Asked Questions answered by cesspoolers from the Peng Thread(tm)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dog6880:

and with the FO i must admit that it is quite possible that i just lost track of an FO but on tow occations i think they took initiative that wasted my men.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dog: Sometimes I have simply forgot that I ordered a fire mission (esp with a 3 min wait), or get caught up in other places on the map and forget to cancel the targeting orders. I do not think your FO will independently target. I have never seen it. If you are concerned issue hide order.

BTW good FO practice. Unless engaged in 1) fire mission or 2) movement, keep those bad boys hiding.

------------------

If frogs had uzi's, snakes woudn't mess with them so much. - Hiram

[This message has been edited by jdmorse (edited 12-28-2000).]

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dog6880:

My attacking men hear a sound contact that is really a pillbox "Pill box?" when i click the national marker.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is what your men think they have seen/heard.

At 600m I beleive your men are portrayed to have more of an unidentified contact rather than a 'sound contact', obviously a pillbox may not make much sound but as there is no 'visual contact?' warning, I'd pay more credence to the "?" as wether or not you have a sound or visual contact, it is still unidentifed.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Epée:

Two questions:

1) What does "Cesspool" mean?

2) Is smoke from 81mm arty different than smoke from an 105mm arty?

Epée<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

cess·pool (sspl)

n.

1. A covered hole or pit for receiving drainage or sewage, as from a house.

2. A filthy, disgusting, or morally corrupt place.

(from Dictionary.com)

------------------

This message brought to you by

Marlow's Salvage and Wrecking Service,

Proud Sponsor of The Cesspool

aka The 'Meeks currently exists as Polar Bear excrement' Memorial Thread

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Epée:

Two questions:

1) What does "Cesspool" mean?

2) Is smoke from 81mm arty different than smoke from an 105mm arty?

Epée<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) "A greater collection of scum and villany you will not find elsewhere" - Obi wan Kenobi

Yep that fits. I mean any place that welcomes me, a lawyer.......

2) It is bigger and "should" last longer, at least I hope it does because I am using it as smoke for the first time. So far so good

------------------

If frogs had uzi's, snakes woudn't mess with them so much. - Hiram

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

Why would this thread fall off of the first page? Does everyone knows everything and there are no more questions to be asked?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To answer your questions:

1) Lack of posts.

2) No.

Have a somewhat okay day,

Jeff

------------------

I once killed a six pack just to watch it die.

[This message has been edited by jshandorf (edited 12-29-2000).]

Nobody answered my questions back on page 3. Sure they are silly, but I was serious about the first one.

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joeski:

Nobody answered my questions back on page 3. Sure they are silly, but I was serious about the first one.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look up Pillar. He loves writing tactics papers and discussing same. He loves embarrasing me in front of everyone too biggrin.gif Look for my handsome mug in his next installment -- I'll be posing as the dufus who can't advance 100m without getting whacked.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As for advice Cesspoolers are full of it.. figuratively and literally. But if you are looking for a game don't count on it. We poolers a secretive lot and are generally suspicious of any "outsiders".

Jeff

------------------

I once killed a six pack just to watch it die.

Well I was Just doing as Elvis suggested, but I'm not hard up for games or anything. I'm not even sure which of you ladies are septic tankers. But when your scared just say so. It sounds more believable. Oh, and you dropped your purse. smile.gif

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> As far as pool players go I hear MarkIV is good but he avoids my, Germanboy is good, Peng is very good. Hiram, Berli, Moriarty and Croda are cannon fodder.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Elvis, must I bring up Villers-Bocage Tiger again. You lost. Big time. And you're losing in A Walk in the Sun ... at least until you bring out the much ballyhooed armor you're allegedly holding in reserve.

So, the score remains:

Moriarty 1, Elvis 0

In answer to the original question, Sgt. Morgue is in the top tier of players. I haven't played Fionn or Tomcat, but their exploits are pretty well known to board vets.

------------------

"Moriarty, you suck." -- Dunno, but somebody must've said it somewhere along the line

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moriarty:

Elvis, must I bring up Villers-Bocage Tiger again. You lost. Big time. And you're losing in A Walk in the Sun ... at least until you bring out the much ballyhooed armor you're allegedly holding in reserve.

So, the score remains:

Moriarty 1, Elvis 0

In answer to the original question, Sgt. Morgue is in the top tier of players. I haven't played Fionn or Tomcat, but their exploits are pretty well known to board vets.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure he was just messin with ya, Moriarty. Always with the bad vibes...

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

joeski asked "1. I'm looking for advice on game improvement anyone (MarkIV, Germanboy, Peng, or anyone else want to take me to school?"

Sorry to have not answered your question. I will take you to school. They call me the bus driver in the cesspool (well not really but a girl can dream). Send a set up file to the email in my profile and I would be happy to play you.

------------------

What do we do with a terrible liar? Well, Great liars we send into the clergy.

Good liars we groom for politics. Moderate liars we supply with sherrif's badges

and guns, and the bad liars, well, we make them heroin whores. So what the hell

do we do with the Terrible Liars? Well, it seems we turn them into physicists

called "chrisl." Peng

Ok elvis I just sent you a setup.

------------------

Ok elvis I just sent you a setup.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be careful. Elvis likes to use the "b" word in his emails. Try not to be offended.

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

Be careful. Elvis likes to use the "b" word in his emails. Try not to be offended.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Booby?

Heh. Booby.

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super

Warning:

Unless occupied with actual questions and inquries this thread is subject to melt down. We are a fun lot, but do not give us too much free, unfocused time. Like Cassius, we think to much. So best to keep us occupied or lock up your wives and daughters.

You have been warned

------------------

You people have brazenly succeeded in establishing a new faucet for cess! I can't believe the moderators have not seen through this ridiculous veil!!

Okay, so anyhoo, I have a question. I am about to play a notoriously tough opponent and he has given me free reign on map generation before I purchase. I have 3000 pts, using short-75 rules, it's a meeting engagement, and I'm Americans.

So considering I will be outclassed tactically and experientially, what purchasing/map strategy combo would give me the best chance? A plan that's simple to execute...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Binkie:

So considering I will be outclassed tactically and experientially, what purchasing/map strategy combo would give me the best chance? A plan that's simple to execute...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most of the following will be under the assumption that your opponent, like many CMers who take the German side, will go tank-heavy.

Smoke and cover are your friends. Don't expose your tanks to fire until they're very close to your enemy's tanks, and if at all possible, take flank or rear shots rather than head on.

The M18 Hellcat is a cute little TD, and with Allied tanks more likely to use tungsten now, can kill most German AFVs easily. It's still best to avoid head-on confrontations, however, as the M18 has insanely thin armor.

Use infantry aggressively to ambush his armor, killing it at best, causing it to button up at worst. Once buttoned, his tanks will be easier to kill.

Figure out what the crucial terrain is and ignore the flags for the time being. It's much more important to seize the best ground than to go after victory points. Wipe your opponent out and victory will come anyway.

Good luck!

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>So considering I will be outclassed tactically and experientially, what purchasing/map strategy combo would give me the best chance? A plan that's simple to execute...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go with an infantry only force and set the weather to heavy fog... that will negate any armor advantage the Germans have