OK post HERE to cry about not receiving CM yet

Guest *Captain Foobar*

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jackhammer:

everybody who preordered in 1999 should have got their game shipped by priority mail and everybody who ordered this year should have went out regular mail. what the heck was the point of preordering so early ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, what you're arguing is not that we should have gotten ours any faster, but that others should have gotten theirs more slowly.

That really doesn't make sense to me, since they paid the same. Pre-ordering didn't do me any good in terms of delivery, and it's frustrating to have a guy in the same town who ordered 3 weeks ago get it and not me. But I wouldn't feel any better knowing that HE didn't get one.

Another day or two wouldn't be so bad after all this, if I wasn't leaving town early tomorrow and I live in an apartment with a little mail box and the manager's office here won't accept packages anymore and I won't be back until Sunday night and...

(weird drumming)"... they're coming to take me away, ha-ha, they're coming to take me away, to the funny farm, where life is...".

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what i'm saying is that we who ordered last year should have had a better chance of getting the game first.the fact the everybody paid the same amount is irrelevent. the main reason i preordered so early was to ensure i got the game as soon as it was released and bts has made several statements to that effect.again why preorder so early if every order goes out not only at the same time but the same shipping method. thus it does not matter when you ordered your order has been treated the same regardless of when you ordered. how would you like to stand in line at the bank or a resturant and someone who has just walked thru the door gets served before you? you probably would'nt be very happy.

Ah, but on that theory, BTS would have had to spend a lot of extra dosh to make sure that I got my early preoder by international mail earlier than folks in the US who just ordered.

Based on how the USPS handles mail (above) and the number of preorders (which only BTS know) I suspect that all of them got moved out of their office between day 1 and 3, so it all has to do with the idiosyncrosies of the USPS.

I am just hoping I am not the absolute last person to get their hands on my copy.

Double whammy here. My mother of all people convinced me not to preorder in November, turns out at christmas she gave me the confirmation letter. (Nice touch) So today, getting worried, I had her call the bank, turns out her credit card HAS NOT BEEN CHARGED. She emailed them today. So if you have NOT checked your cc company, do so, I am sadistically hoping I am not the only one who slipped through the cracks.

yours &c,

Bryan

I am a physician.

I was to be stuck in an Urgent Care clinic tonight until 11:00

I was sure CM would be here today.

I worked like mad to find someone to cover for me. I failed.

Required beta-blocker to self-medicate the anxiety.

Wife pages me: No CM

Physician, Heal thyself.

Jonathan

Just for the record, I'm out of town right now while my copy of CM sits in my box at my hometown post office. I don't know whether to feel secure now that it has arrived, or frustrated that I can't play it yet...

I know I'm not getting mine anytime soon, my credit card hasn't even been charged yet. Geez, this friggin wait is driving me crazy...

Can anyone at Big Time tell us if the pre-orders are all out the door yet? Are you shipping new orders yet?

VernS

Well, I'm in New England ordered the game back in September99 and no CM yet.

I don't blame BTS.I know they would do anything in their power to get us the game soon,But I have to agreed with some of the post,where people who ordered a couple of weeks ago have the game and people like us

don't.We know how reliable Bts is and that is why I take their word.......It sure be nice to have the game by weekends smile.gif

Remember, troops, your copies of CM are now in the hands of the USPS, and they are run by the same folks who brought you Social Security, misplaced hard drives containing nuclear secrets, the Vietnam War and $200 screwdrivers.

Cheers

Bill Acton

------------------

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer."

Anon

I'm in Salt Lake City Utah and nothing here yet frown.gif

I was SO sure it would be here today...what a crummy night.

------------------

"It's a hardball world son. We've got to keep our heads until this peace craze blows over."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I'm in Salt Lake City Utah and nothing here yet<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me either Danno, in a bizarre kind of way that's a little comforting.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I was SO sure it would be here today<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too Danno, was rather shocked when it wasn't.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>...what a crummy night.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

{sigh} Yeah.

Joe

------------------

Compliments appreciated, Questions answered, Death Threats reciprocated.

You're right Joe, it is comforting that neither of us have CM yet. I hope we both get it on the same day or one of us will REALLY start to worry.

It will probably come tomorrow because I'll be away from my mailbox all day. I may try and sneak home for a few minutes to get the mail.. smile.gif But then again...if it's not here tomorrow...oh nevermind, I'm going to make myself crazy..errr, more crazy.

------------------

"It's a hardball world son. We've got to keep our heads until this peace craze blows over."

Danno, yeah I think my daughter thinks her old man is going nuts acting like a kid waiting for his magic Captain Midnight Decoder Ring to come in the mail smile.gifShe's at home and I keep calling her to check on the mail, I should be ashamed of myself ... NAH!

Joe

------------------

Compliments appreciated, Questions answered, Death Threats reciprocated.