OK post HERE to cry about not receiving CM yet

Guest *Captain Foobar*

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No CM again today in SF Bay Area. mad.gifmad.gif Frustration is now leading to almost a loss of interest in the game altogether. I never thought I say that I would lose interest in this wonderful game, but this shipping roller coaster is emotionally draining. It is not just not having the game yet that is so frustrating, but the inability to even know for sure that it has even been shipped.

Not everybody that ordered in May of 2000 has it. From the numerous posts I have read it seems at I probably ordered at the worst time possible, early May 2000. It seems like they (fulfillment company) sent out by mistake a bunch of Mid May to release date preorders and those folks have already received the game. Then they realized their mistake and started to ship the orders in their proper sequence. That would make early May orders dead last. Sorry but just more venting. I certainly could be wrong in my assessment but that is how it seems to me right now.

If anyone wants my opinion (probably nobody does, but I'm going to provide it anyway), I think BTS should think very, very carefully before doing business with this particular warehouse again. Based on what people have been posting to the forum, I think it has become 100% crystal-clear obvious that, if the order packages were shipped out bore ANY relation to when the order was placed, that relationship was totally backwards. Why do I say this? Consider - there have been multiple reports of people ordering in Oct or Nov, and receiving copies today that shipped on the 20th. Further consider the fact that a very large fraction (probably a majority) shipped by or on Tuesday. Thus, the inescapable conclusion is that, if the orders went out in anything close to the correct order, most orders were placed before or immediately after the release of the beta demo. This is not a credible possibility. Nor is it credible that only a "small batch" of recent orders went out early due to the sheer numbers involved. So, to summarize, I think it overwhelmingly likely that the warehouse messed up in a major way.

P.S. To clarify, I do NOT think BTS is in any way to blame for this, nor do I think they have been giving us the runaround - personally, judging from the contents of the shipping update posts, I'd guess the warehouse has been giving BTS the runaround.

<sigh> I'm done now. For today. Seems likely mine will show up tomorrow with a postmark of the 20th, but if not, somebody better watch out...

------------------

Questions, comments, arguments, refutations, criticisms, and/or sea stories?

I know what you're talking about Barbarossa. It's kinda pissing me off enough to make me lose my interest in the game. Plus, it's emotionally draining waiting, DAY after DAY for that mailman to come. Plus, I don't even know when my order shipped. I am at a loss for words .I am so upset.

Someone mentioned an emotional roller coaster and that is quite apt from my viewpoint. BTS has attempted to update us, but frankly the messages have been mixed. First we're told all pre-orders "should" be out by Friday last week. Then, opps, nope it looks like the last of them was Tuesday this week but hard to tell for sure. Now we're told the last of the pre-orders went out TODAY?

I've had to pre-edit this post six times so far. The bottom line, I suppose, is this. We will probably get our games by Tuesday of next week. No one can tell us for certain if or when our orders were shipped. The attempt to have all orders shipped in the order received may or may not have been met for a variety of reasons which were not the direct fault of BTS.

However, that doesn't change the fact that I've been calling home every single day this week expecting the game and then being terribly disappointed when it didn't show. It doesn't change the fact that I may have yet another weekend without the game. And it doesn't change the fact that, worst case, I might not get the game at all until NEXT WEEKEND (can't confirm until Tuesday of next week, email BTS, they confirm that something got lost and re-ship, 2-3 days later I get the game ... you do the math).

I have been a good soldier about this, I haven't ranted and raved. In the grand scheme of things this game matters hardly at all to anyone but me, and I've weathered far greater storms in my 50 years and I'll weather this one too. But DAMNIT ... BTS set my expectations and did not or could not properly manage those expectations. In the final analysis gentlemen, and let the flames begin, BTS is ultimately responsible. This is not how you treat customers who have been as loyal as we have been and, no doubt, will continue to be.

Joe

no smilies on this one guys.

I'm Still laughing my ass off at you guys.

First No game here either...

But really. If you people lead such wonderful lives that the only thing you have to complain about is a game being a day or two late.. You should fall to your knees and thank somebody.

Thank God CM wasn't ordered from the TV where, "allow 4-6 weeks for delivery",is the normal.

I'm not flaming. Just asking people to look at how they are acting, and realize it is for a "game".

It looks like we have some growing up to do. Because it's all I can do to keep from laughing reading these post.

Lorak

------------------

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring

Okay, to all you folks. I've got some advice that I would like to pass on to you that I was so fortunate to receive from other board members...

1) Grow up.

2) Your priorities in life are all wrong.

3) Stop your whining.

4) Get a life.

5) You will get it, sooner or later, even if later means next year. So what are you so worried about?

Okay, maybe I was a little too harsh and attacking towards BTS in my whining for going through this stressful time of waiting, but somehow, reading other fellow wargamers on this thread lamenting their pain on not receiving CM yet has made me feel a little better.

My fellow pre-order comrades at arms, we be the unforturnate few who must bear the brunt of being last. Let us not bicker, complain, whine, curse, scream, holler, flame, stomp, pout, cry, kick things, break windows, push old ladies out of our path, fling bricks at the retreating mailman... and... and... (catch breath). Let us uphold ourselves as patient wargamers who have the best interest of wargaming in general at heart, willing to wait as long as necessary to obtain a true piece of computer wargaming magic. We must remember these three words...it will come...

And if it don't get here tomorrow, I think I'm going to shoot somebody....

------------------

Garry Kump

Good post Krump.

I'm not saying that people complaining is wrong. I'm just saying the LEVEL of complaing is so overblown it is funny.

My feelings:

Preordered months ago. Still no CM in North Carolina. Damn this sux.. Oh well, another day or two.

Not a post that makes it sound as though You are the Job of the wargaming world. That you are dieseased and your family is sick and starving and only CM can save them.

Lorak

------------------

Nice bottle of prescription pain killers, and a good shot of heroin will ease the pain.

One habit is as bad as the next isnt it?

------------------

As I walk through the Valley of Death, I will fear nothing, for I am the meanest mother*#*#** in the valley. (George S. Patton)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I'm not flaming. Just asking people to look at how they are acting, and realize it is for a "game". It looks like we have some growing up to do. Because it's all I can do to keep from laughing reading these post.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for your opinion Lorak, unsolicited though it was. Of course it's for a "game" and of course there are greater issues in the world than getting this game. And of course life will go on. As I mentioned, I'm fifty years old and, I believe, quite grown up thank you. If I chose to find this a priority at this time and in this fashion, who are you to tell me it isn't? Do you know me? Have you any idea of what motivates me or drives me? I don't tell you how to run your life or what you find important in your life. Perhaps my life is a meaningless existence compared to yours, but it's mine and I chose to value that which I chose to value. Yes this whole thing makes me mad, sorry if that offends you or if you find it amusing. I've been patient, but this latest is too much and I choose to say so in this forum.

Eveyone needs to realize that we are all different, that we react differently to things and that we have different values and needs. Right now this game is fairly important to me, and if chose to value it highly right now, that's my choice. You, Lorak, are free to make your own choices, allow me the same privilege.

Joe

I can see your point Joe.

I didn't mean to come off as being insulting. I guess it is just a diffrence in raising. Growing up and going thru things I've went through, I just rank waiting for the mailman at the bottom of the worry list.

Lorak

------------------

NP Lorak, just wanted to let you know how I felt about it. I have to wonder myself why I'm taking this so seriously, but I can't argue with the fact that I am. A friend once told me "Logic has nothing to do with emotions." And please, don't bring my "raising" into this smile.gif My parents did a great job, any faults are my own.

Let's just hope we get the game sooner than later.

Joe

p.s. Added later ... as all good post scrips should be. No one should take any of my comments as a reflection on the superb quality of the game itself or the tremendous job done by BTS in creating what I think is the finest wargame I've ever seen. I think the overall delivery was poorly done, but we didn't "hire" BTS to be delivery boys either.

[This message has been edited by Joe Shaw (edited 06-22-2000).]

Count your blessings -

Mine arrived in Minnesota . . .

And it won't install - multiple bitmaps fail to match the cab data file: probably a bad disc.

Sent an email to BTS and hope to receive a replacement disc, eventually.

Sigh.

Oh well, I have the manual to read.

Originally posted by MadDog0606:

I live a couple of blocks from Greenrun High School. Nowhere near the beach.

Live in Seattle now, but graduated from Green Run in '85, lived at Lake (Man made swamp?) Christopher. Loved that area.

Bryan

Everyone, this has been two years in the making. Just wait a couple more days and everything will be fine. I should know, I'm still waiting as well. Remember, we are not living in Bosnia. Life is good, business is good, people are wonderful.

------------------

"Rinky dinky stinky thinky"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>F*#king A-right!! It better be here tommorrow.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To quote Col. Bogey in Bridge Over the River Kwai: "Oh my God, what have I done?" smile.gif

Guys, it is not now nor never has been a matter of life and death, I think I made that clear. I will undoubtedly "lighten up" when the game shows. And Iggi ... I was right the first time ... you are a dick smile.gif

Joe

Man, Lorak you got the hammer. Though I don't agree with either of you (though who cares what I think, my wife certainly doesn't) I have to give Joe the win in this bout by 2 to 1 points.

Lorak:

point 1: Yes, ..I.. believe there are more important things in life than a game. Over all this point should trump all others BUT..

I am tired of hearing that as its too pointedly true (and used way too often).

Joe:

point 1: Evidently this game is the most important thing to Joe "right now". Otherwise why would any one care to order a game 1-2yrs in advance and tie up moneys he could have spent on his kids college, or beer, or his kids beer at college, visit this BBS daily, and go to bed with visions of BARs, Shermans, and Panzershrieks dancing in his head.

point 2: Hes 50! Hes over half way done and has a lot less time to play than you. It aint any wonder why hes in such a hurry!

God Im a prick!

GreasyPig

P.S.

Boys,

This message is ment ALL in fun. Why do I feel like I need to explain that????? Anyway I aint got it either. Im mad, mad at myself for caring so damn much.

ok GreasyPig.

I'll admit I bowed out. I could see how things could start to become un-civil real fast. This was never my intention. As most people will confirm, I'm just an idiot (a good one) who usualy posts mindless babble anyways.

Thanks for your post. It was whitty and lightend the mood.

Lorak

------------------