OK post HERE to cry about not receiving CM yet

Guest *Captain Foobar*

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shooter:

Here it is Thursday and I'm back at work after taking off two days in anticipation of getting to play CM for two solid days straight! Kinda hard to do since I HAVEN'T RECEIVED THE GAME YET! Virginia's only 600 miles away! Have there been any reports of mail trucks being hijacked? Any alien abductions of mailmen carrying packages? Inquiring minds want to know. WAH!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you like this? I live in Va. Beach, VA. I just got a USPS priority mail shipment from CA that was mailed out this past Monday. Califreakinfornia! My credit card was billed Monday for Combat Mission, which I believe is in Vermont, and I still haven't gotten it!!!! CA to VA - 3 days, VT to VA - ???? You sure you shipped my order BTS?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FutbolHead,

I live in Va Beach, VA. I ordered back in Nov 99. I just got home from going out to a group lunch. Saw the mail man had gone by already (unusual because for the past few days he goes by about 4:30PM) so I went to the mailbox thinking I was only going to get bills again and I saw the priority mail from BTS in the box. It was mailed on the 20th, my credit card was charged on the 16th. So take heart, it will show up. Tell you the truth I was prepared for it not to show until next Monday, but damn happy it showed up now.

The only problem is I hear lighting outside and I don't like having the computer on in lighting storms. So I'm going to kill a couple of hours shooting my guns at the range.

By the way, I'm on vacation biggrin.gif, that's why I'm not going back to work until Monday 8:30AM biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif.

-somewhat out-of-line rant deleted on further reflection, sorry but I am starting to get REALLY PO'd here-

------------------

Questions, comments, arguments, refutations, criticisms, and/or sea stories?

[This message has been edited by Scott C (edited 06-22-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I personally do not find "the vagaries of the USPS" to be a satisfactory explanation for differences as huge as we are seeing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scott, note what MadDogg said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>It was mailed on the 20th, my credit card was charged on the 16th.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He pre-ordered in November but the package didn't get shipped until the 20th. So he got it in the 2-3 days the USPS claims. It's apparent that, in at least this case, the USPS isn't at fault, it's the shipping company that didn't mail out in the order specified by BTS. I'm in the same boat ... except mine didn't show up today. frown.gif

------------------

Compliments appreciated, Questions answered, Death Threats reciprocated.

I'll cry here instead of creating another board fire...

Charged June 15 and CM did not arrive here on Thursday (June 22) here in NC, which is on the same coast. I really don't think orders were shipped on the same day credit cards were charged, and since I got no e-mail confirmation on day shipped or any way to track by USPS, I'm just plain in the dark. I do not believe my order was shipped by the end of last week as first informed that all pre-orders would be. It must have been in the unlucky few pre-orders that didn't get shipped early till this week. Its only a guess, got no way of knowing. Could be lying under someone's desk at a USPS distribution center in Memphis for all I know.

Oh well, I'm going to assume next Monday. I'm just plain getting worn out in excitely driving 12 miles home every day, checking, letting disappointment wash over me, then having a pouting 12 mile drive back to work. I've been doing that since Monday, for goodness sake! I'm really sick, maybe a visit to a psychologist who specializes in the wargame addiction is warranted.

------------------

Garry Kump

It has arrived. AAAAAAaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Summary-

Preordered last year

Card charges on 6-15

shipped on 6-20

I live in KC and am a very happy camper.

I hope you all get yours very, very soon.

------------------

------

"When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains, And the women come out to cut up what remains, Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains, An' go to your Gawd like a soldier."

Kipling

Count me amongst the fellowship of the miserable! Once again, no CM at my door today.

I really don't want to portray myself as a whining crybaby, but dammit, that's what these interminable days in waiting have reduced me to. I just want to sit in my living room kicking and screaming, "WHERE'S MY GAME!?!"

I've been good, I haven't (and still don't) blamed the great folks at BTS for this delay. I pre-ordered early. Said my prayers. Smelled the flowers. Been nice to kitties and little bunny rabbits (not the murderous rabbit in the Holy Grail, mind you). Still, no game. Now those thoughts about a screwed-up order start creeping in. And I am powerless to determine the shipping status. I know, Steve told us to wait until tomorrow before we start inquiring about our orders, and I plan to abide by that. But man, if I don't have it to play this weekend, I will be one surly s.o.b.

------------------

"Sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes the bar eats you. Take it easy, Dude." -- The Stranger

The Dude abides.

Well, Im back from lunch.

Got home and the mailman was there. smile.gif

But he had nuthin for me. frown.gif

<sigh>

Well, it seems that several who are just getting them say they had their cards charged on 6/15 and shipped on 6/20. So my card was on 6/16, and so Im hoping it'll be tomorrow. If not, oh well, I'll be gone all weekend anyway.

Someone posted that they thought orders went out on the day cards were charged. They did not. I think BTS made this very clear before.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Boogie:

No CM in Finland yet. Dunno about other parts of Scandinavia. Oh well, kinda expected this, I ordered only a couple weeks ago. Uskokaa pois! Lot's of Finns out there?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Boogie, I'm an American, but there is one thing us yanks like to say:

You can't Finnish if you don't get started.

biggrin.gif

Since the last of the pre-orders went out today, it means some of us may be able to cry until the middle of next week!

Wish I didn't have that honor, but I'll be moving my Tiger I around by next weekend for sure!!!

Hmmm... maybe I better not get my anticipation all worked up again. frown.gif

Silly me, I thought I read on here somewhere that they didn't charge your card until they shipped the game. Now I see they charge the cards well before the game goes out the door (4-5 days in some cases). There goes my hopes of getting it before the weekend, which earlier we were advised that if we would likely get it by Friday. Whats the next thing gonna be??

Guest *Captain Foobar*

I just got the scare of my life....I was searching like mad through the priority envelope.....to find no cd.....then Jon_S tells me to look inside the manual........DOH

I lost about 10 years in those frantic moments...

[This message has been edited by *Captain Foobar* (edited 06-22-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FutbolHead:

Small world, I live in Va. Beach too. About 9 blocks off the beach in a neighborhood called Shadowlawn. You close by MadDog?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I live a couple of blocks from Greenrun High School. Nowhere near the beach.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt. Manieri:

Guys, listen.

Steve said the last BUNCH of pre-orders went out the door THIS MORNING. 6/22/00. I'm betting my copy went out the door as the absolute last one..so I'm putting my money on Tuesday of next week. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, now that I read that, I'm hoping mine comes by NEXT weekend... I hope all the bums who ordered in May and June are enjoying their frickin' game... cause I'm really beginning to near my breaking point. This whole situation is really ridiculous... And the message board has become virtually worthless to me until I get the game, with all the "For all those that have the game... he he"-type threads being posted... my only interest here anymore is to check the whining forums and see how many others are sharing my fate and sitting idly while those who ordered two weeks ago are happily playing their game. It truly is a dark time...

------------------

In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit. -- M.M.

I was hoping that I could hide my shame and addiction and not have to contribute to this thread. Sigh no such luck.

My name is John and I am a CM addict. Suffice it to say that my fall was swift and sure. Ordered the game in Feb/March as soon as I found the beta demo. Played on and on thru Godl demo, then release!!!!

But I now find that I cannot control my habit...lookin for a fix. My hands start shaking when I drove up past my house and see that a box key (to open the package box) is not visible. I go to the box. Nothing Sigh. And the next day and the next. Neverending hell.

Now it drives my life. I was SURE yesterday was THE day. So I drove home to check at noon. Nope. Did the same today. I KNEW it was today, had to be. Nope.

So I wait a sad pathetic loser in the USPS sweepstakes whose life is out of control. So that's why I a m here with you all. Thank you.

I agree- I have been following the status since the old ASL days. I ordered in Dec and have read posts from guys in Podunk USA who ordered in May who got it TUE.

Now all this stuff about credit card charges 4 to 5 days before shipping- hell, I don't know whats going on except I was charged on Jun 21. Alas it appears my preordering 7 months ago backfired on me ! I truly believe that there was a honest mistake somewhere, and those who ordered in May were shipped first. that based on posts I have read from other guys.I am pissed and as stated earlier I just don't know who at yet. ok, I am through.

NOTE TO ALL FLAMERS-as stated "I truly believe that there was a honest mistake somewhere," so please don't tell me to stop bitchin' I am not blaming anyone here, just disapointed. And I know anyone else who has ordered the game 7 months ago and have read posts from some guy who ordered 1 month ago and received his even before my card was charged would be disappointed too.

Monday: I knew that was asking too much

Tuesday: Well, probably tomorrow

Wednesday: Dammit! Where is it?

Thursday: Arrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Friday: (if it doesn't show up then watch CNN for headline news)