OK post HERE to cry about not receiving CM yet

Guest *Captain Foobar*

Hi Chris,

Okay, CC charge June 15, there is a possibility my "pre-order" may arrive next Tuesday, June 27. I may be waiting maybe up to 12 days for delivery after a CC charge? I can understand BTS got swamped and found it difficult to handle the large amount of pre-orders, and actually, that is good news (more sales is very good). I know you meant that a few days should not matter, we've waited for CM so long already. Thank you. But the few days have passed and because it DID take so long to make (some have been waiting a long time), anticipation is even higher now that it is finally shipping!

PLUS, and bear with me, we have big publisher expectations. We are used to making on-line orders, having CC charged, and getting our orders in 1-3 days. I do it all the time.

BTS is a much smaller operation, and I give them credit for having such a brilliant product of such quality. They have done such a good job, I can forgive an unusual long handling and delivery time for my pre-order. Doesn't make the pain of not having CM for this weekend any less disappointing.

I would also like to point out the title of this thread. It is the "crying" thread. Instead of creating whole new posts to cry (which I unfortunately did yesterday - shame on me), it has been the place to visit and rant. Please, let the folks rant! Rant, rant, rant, rant, rant!!!

-- sob --

"snip"

[This message has been edited by kump (edited 06-22-2000).]

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Jenkins:

Everyone, this has been two years in the making. Just wait a couple more days and everything will be fine. I should know, I'm still waiting as well. Remember, we are not living in Bosnia. Life is good, business is good, people are wonderful.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Four words:

Maslow's Heirarchy of Needs

Our "needs" don't stay regressed just because life is good. Once you fulfill one set of needs (food, water, shelter), you advance to a higher set of needs. Combat Mission rates just higher than shelter I think...

Nothing in Indianapolis yet. I ordered in Jan or Feb. I thought I had a problem with my CC but Steve had e-mailed that mine would ship on Monday so I thought today would be the day.

I had scheduled a day off tomorrow to take my lease back so I will do that first thing and when I get home CM will be waiting for me, I hope.

If it doesn't come tomorrow I will be officially semi-pissed off.

------------------

Rick614

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I think the whole problem stems from the fact that we don't know if the CD's are being carried by european or african swallows.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was it swallows then, thought for sure it was sparrows? BTW, what's your favorite color?

Joe

See what happens when I get REALLY desperate? Best hope I get my game tomorrow or it's on to ... BwahahahahaBenny Hill!

OK, since this is the crying thread, rant mode on. I was actually fine with an extended wait until someone in the same (relatively) small suburb as me, who ordered months after I did, received their copy on monday or tuesday. That completely changed my expectation, which then combined with a busy week in which I really need a distraction and the fact that I must be out of town most of this weekend, to put me on the disappointment express to Angryland. To those who have the game and keep giving paternalistic advice about being patient, soon you will forget, etc., etc., I offer a challenge. Take the game, uninstall it, and stick it in the closet until a week after I get mine. No reading the manual, no fondly stroking the CD, just reading this forum. Let's see how YOU like it. I'm so desperate, I tried playing Sudden Strike last night. Bleah. I have checked "Closing With the Enemy: How the GI Fought the War in Europe" out of the library. I can't even read it because I keep thinking of how I might try out tactics when I get CM. D'oh! This blows.

Phew, I even feel a little better now. Not much, but a little.

Well said Supertanker! They should all put the game away until a week AFTER we get ours. In the meantime we'll post all kinds of tantalizing stuff to the board. They'd be crying too I'll bet.

------------------

Smoker out.

Why is it that whenever you go into full blown RANT mode, you end up with a classic case of messages crossing each other?

That's what happened to me last night. I had previously sent an email to Steve (I know, I know, I was supposed to wait till today, my bad) asking for my shipping date. That was about noon my time. I didn't receive a reply but saw the post from BTS explaining that some pre-orders didn't go out till yesterday. At that point I went postal (you should excuse the pun) and posted my message to this board.

I just now opened an email from Steve explaining that my order was shipped on the 20th, he also explained that another order I had placed for a friend in May was shipped on the 16th. That explains why my friend got it well before I did. Steve also repeated what he said before that some orders went out early by error.

I don't retract my statements, if I had known that my order didn't get shipped till the 20th I could have accepted that. I could even have accepted that an accident occurred and my buddy's went out before mine, hey, it happens. It was the NOT KNOWING that was the problem. I don't blame BTS for the delay in shipping, they are still responsible for it (as they are responsible for the great gameplay, the brilliant execution, the superb modeling and the painstaking research) but it happened and I can live with it ... NOW THAT I KNOW that my order was shipped. If it doesn't get here this weekend, it's the USPS that did it and I can even live with that.

So, for future reference BTS, I would strongly recommend that you review your policies (as I'm sure you're doing already) to minimize this issue in later releases. Given the small size of your staff (is your Labrador Retriever on the payroll yet?) it may be difficult/impossible to send confirming emails, but something of the sort would have eleminated a lot of complaints and (especially) my whining. It is a shame that the release of such a great game was marred by the delivery, but the first time doing such things is always difficult.

In closing, I hope that my comments didn't ruffle too many feathers. I have nothing but complete admiration for the job done on CM and look forward with great anticipation to actually playing it and all of the iterations of CM that will come our way in the future.

Joe

Joe - BTS... anyone who cares....

northern indiana...still no CM here either -

JOE: this is Bruce, we are 'scheduled to engage down the road, and just wanted you to know i am not getting any advantage of early delivery. you and i are in the same foxhole frown.gif

BTS: patience is a virture.. does that make me a virtuoso? we can ask ship dates? doesn't matter, other than 'it was' HOWEVER i do wonder if that i ordered (2) 0ne PC, one MAC, if they'll "come together" (john lennon if you were wondering) or seperately? is it possible a double order takes longer???

ANYONE ELSE: these days are difficult for those still waiting, but anyone want to bet they'll be soon forgot about 4 minutes after it arrives?

thanks for your efforts BTS!

supplies and ammo running low, but position is secure and we are vets, so holding out is not a worry smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Sarge (edited 06-23-2000).]

Well, my mail doesn't come until 2pm or so mountain time, so we'll see... but if all the other posts are any indication, I won't be seeing mine today either. Yep, sure am glad I avoided the rush and preordered ahead of all those guys who didn't know about CM until the gold demo... I assume that mine shipped at least around the 20th since a lot of the others here who ordered kinda sorta around the time I did were told that... but the 20TH?!? let's see... shipping started last wednesday and went through thursday and friday... then monday and then mine gets shipped out tuesday (if then)?!? the very last day of shipping??!!!??? So much for the mistaken early orders having "no effect on all following orders..." I could go into a really long and venom-dripping tirade about the guys who "pre-ordered" in May and June 2000 again, but rather than say how pathetic and unfair this entire shipping ordeal has been, and how amazing it is that a company that can make such a superior game can botch the shipping so badly, I'll keep my mouth shut and sit in the corner. frown.gif

------------------

In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit. -- M.M.

This is getting real old. Another day, still not here. I don't think it's the Post Office either. My P.O. has always been on top of things (I win bids on eBay all the time and get shipments 2-3 days even across the country. Where's the game I paid for? Don't pass my buck BTS, no one else along the line took any of my money for this product.

Another day at the wailing wall, I mean weeping wall.

For the fifth day in a row, I drove home and checked, no CM. At least I was on the motorcycle today, so it was an enjoyable ride, even the return trip back to work (which Monday through Thursday was a period of pouting). But if only I got an e-mail confirmation on day it shipped, I may have saved some of this 150 miles of gas money. Boy, am I pathetic (I said first, so don't jump in this thread and say it for me). Now I find out it may only have shipped yesterday, but no way to know for sure. Oh well, maybe tomorrow, or the next, or the next, or the next, or the next...

Now I'm crying again for this great game. I think its about time Steve made an appearance here and burp me, or change me, or whatever it is I'm needing. Maybe Steve taking a red eye flight to North Carolina and appearing at my front door Saturday morning with a personally signed copy! Yea, that's the ticket!!!

WAAAA, WAAAAA, WAAAAAA

------------------

Garry Kump

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>My simple solution to this crying thread:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Stodge (and a more appropriate monicker I've never seen) that would be ONE solution ... another would be ... TO GO HOME AND PLAY THE DAMN GAME ... WHICH JUST GOT HERE!

BYE! smile.gif

Joe

------------------

Compliments appreciated, Questions answered, Death Threats reciprocated.

Hmmm... probably Steve will hate me for this, but I found it pleasant reading how his "estimated" target date for getting all the pre-orders shipped kept slipping on him. Must have had quite a time with the shipping handling folks. Went and pulled segments of previous posts, did not pull something to be taken out of context.

6/12 - Monday

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

Our folks will start building the units (i.e. bundling the manuals and CDs) tomorrow. Depending on how that goes, shippments *should* start going out on Wednesday. We are not anticipating a full day of shipping, if at all, so we guess that it might take until Friday or Monday to get all preorders out the door.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So hopeful target date for pre-orders is Friday or Monday (June 19). Sounds good. Looks like, if all goes well, us US customers will get our copies by this weekend (June 24 and June 25). Let us hope!!!

6/13 - Tuesday

Things are going pretty well. Some orders will most likely get to meet various postal workers tomorrow. The number won't be too huge at first (probably less than 20% of all orders), but it looks like they might manage to get the rest out by Thursday. So we hope.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh my gosh! Looks like estimates for all pre-orders has been moved up to Thursday (June 15). Happy days! The US pre-order customers will have it by this weekend!

6/14 - Wednesday

First order of business is to calm down The number that went out today was quite small as they needed the majority of the day to get things set up. I think less than 50 went out the door, which was far fewer than we expected to say the least The bulk should go out tomorrow and the rest on Friday. The end is near, so hang in there

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The real first sign of trouble. Shoot, delayed by another day. Estimated time that all pre-orders to be shipped has been moved to Friday (June 16). Okay, still enough time to get by this weekend. No sweat.

6/15 - Thursday

More units went out today. But the early preorders (with posters) proved to be more of a problem than our fulfillment house expected in terms of time. So things are going slowly today, even though there are about a dozen people processing orders (including their sales staff ). They should be done with all of these by tomorrow morning and then they will be able to crank through the rest. This means that some units won't go out until Monday most likely.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh-oh. Those damn posters are fouling the rest of us up. Now the date has been moved to Monday (June 19). Oh boy, going to be close, but still good shot to get it by this weekend.

6/16 - Friday to 6/20 - Tuesday

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No updates?!? Must be very busy, but Monday came and went and wasn't told all pre-orders were out the door. Tuesday and still nothing. Oh well, keep checking the mail box.

6/21 - Wednesday

Well... obviously many of you are still wondering what is up with the USPS. Let me tell you that most of you are making an assumption that your order has already shipped. Only a few orders went out before Friday, some on Saturday, a LOT on Monday, and an even larger batch on Tuesday. There are more to go out on Wednesday, but I think these are all new orders (hard to tell). I have seen a lot of guestimations going on, but most go on the assumption that their package is already in the mail, which kinda messes with the transit time estimate of 2 days

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OUCH! Looks like pre-orders completion date moved to Tuesday (June 20), or Steve hopes, and only new orders on Wednesday. Tuesday, still time for this weekend.

Anyhoo... it looks like all domestic US customers should receive their copies in time for this weekend. International customers are still about a week away from the first arrivals. Canadians perhaps a bit sooner depending on where in Canada you live.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So Steve is with me, he also believes I'll get my copy by this weekend, or really hopes for it. I sure hope his assumption proves right.

Many of you have been waiting many months, so although it is frustrating, another day or two won't kill you Just think of this as a grace period to get some jobs done around the house before CM "ruins" your freetime

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm... Its getting longer than another day or two, don't you think. Okay, patience boy, its coming.

6/22 - Thursday

As of this morning all preorders, and all orders since last week, have gone out the door. Yeah This means for the first time in a week we are current and not backlogged. Because a large number of preorderds went out this morning, nobody should get worried until about Tuesday or so if their order hasn't showed up. Priority Mail 2 day service is not a guarrantee, rather the normal delivery time.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So Steve now informs that a large order of pre-orders went out by Thursday (June 22), which has now proven to be the official day all pre-orders were finally shipped. Looks like a boat load of us won't be getting CM by this weekend after all.

I can tell by the history of this that it took BTS by surprise just how long it took their fulfillment house to complete the pre-order shipping. I'm sure CM2 will have less problems. It better be, because the pre-orders for that will be much greater than CM.

I don't hold BTS at fault or shipping. But some should understand why this crying wall keeps getting visitors, for our expectations were high to get CM by today in time for the entire weekend, and as you now know, it ain't going to happen. We will get it next week for sure (I hope), but the previous BTS posts did get my excitement up for this weekend, and now I have to accept the fact that, well you know the saying, sh*t happens.

------------------

Garry Kump

[This message has been edited by kump (edited 06-23-2000).]

For goodness sakes Kump, get a life! You got nothing better to do than go get old BTS posts? You need some help.

CM is only a computer game. There are so many other priorities in life. You need to stop and smell the roses. Don't you have other hobbies or interests?

Boy, am I getting tired of your whining. In a few more days, you will finally get CM, and hopefully shut the hell up!

----

There, self administered. Don't waste a post....

------------------

Garry Kump

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kump:

There, self administered. Don't waste a post....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL Kump - that made me grin broadly... I almost feel like inserting lots of smilies, but I know I can resist the lure of the dark side.

Okay, I admit it publicly - I don't want the game to arrive before Friday night, 30/6. I have a job interview on Wednesday, a conference presentation on Thursday, and will have no time whatsoever to even look at it. I also have no will-power, so getting it beforehand would be dangerous.

In case you think you might want to ask - no, if I get it beforehand I will not hand it over to someone living in the Outer Hebrides, b/c Parcelfarce does not deliver more than once a year there.

------------------

Andreas