OK post HERE to cry about not receiving CM yet

Guest *Captain Foobar*

I'm thinking about ordering the game, but it seems as if a lot of people haven't gotten the game. So if I order the game today, when should I expect to get it? I'm in Texas (an hour and a half outside Houston).

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, operating under the principle of inverse order preference, if you are thinking about ordering the game today, then that means it should have arrived yesterday (if I did the math correctly).

Just kidding, I'm just venting the frustration I know I will feel when I arrive home this afternoon to find that once again my copy has failed to arrive.

------------------

"Sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes the bar eats you. Take it easy, Dude." -- The Stranger

The Dude abides.

Well I'm in Toronto, Canada and I sure am expecting CM by the end of this week. I pre-ordered last year around september or so , so I was hoping to see it earlier than some people who ordered about a week ago ! For now I'm playing Deus Ex demo, Terminus demo and I'm in the process of getting a new job so this helps not to think about CM. If I don't get it by the end of next week I'm going hunting for it with my polished MG42 , anyone want to join me ? smile.gif

Peter

Guest aka PanzerLeader

You people don't seem to realise how lucky you are, to be able to play CM in a few days' time at the latest.

I will get the game in late Sept., early Oct. probably.

I hope that will make you less sad.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LouieV:

I'm thinking about ordering the game, but it seems as if a lot of people haven't gotten the game. So if I order the game today, when should I expect to get it? I'm in Texas (an hour and a half outside Houston).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I've gotta go with JgdPzr on this one... you should already have the game, if the past experience is any indication... And I don't know about slowing down later pre-orders shipments, but I do think there should have been some sort of advantage to pre-ordering early...It's as if there's a middle class here. The guys who ordered during the "Panther Print" period got theirs, the guys who preordered in May and June got theirs, and all of us who preordered during the "beta demo" period are catching the shaft...

------------------

In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit. -- M.M.

Mayamoto spake "It's as if there's a middle class here. The guys who ordered during the "Panther Print" period got theirs, the guys who preordered in May and June got theirs, and all of us who preordered during the "beta demo" period are catching the shaft..."

I ordered last year and I am supposed to get the print and I have yet to receive the game or print{I am in the Midwest}. Slapped the mailman today and I still received zero intel on my package. My CC was CHARGED on 6-15. No more long term preorders seeems to be the best solution.

Back to Close freaking combat{sigh}. Maybe tomorrow.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Quigybo:

I ordered last year and I am supposed to get the print and I have yet to receive the game or print{I am in the Midwest}. Slapped the mailman today and I still received zero intel on my package. No more long term preorders seeems to be the best solution.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man, I guess it's good I didn't take down my mailman today then... he probably wouldn't have had any answers either. wink.gif But I'm with you... it seems as though the long-term preorder gives little in the way of rewards, since in this thread and several others, people who ordered in May have made sure to tell us that they've had their copy for days... what was I thinking? I only preordered at the beginning of the year, so I knew I wasn't going to be first in line by any means... and the waiting wouldn't be nearly as difficult if the people who were getting it were the people who SHOULD be getting it... those who preordered long before I did. But these johnny-come-latelys are a real annoyance. Guess I'll have to hope that Thursday will be the day. And now I've got a running bet with my brother that the model I ordered on Wednesday is going to get here before CM does.

Here's hoping I get something before Saturday...

------------------

In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit. -- M.M.

Uhhh, Boo Hoo? Waaah?

I didn't get my copy?

How was that, Foo? or mebby I shoulda used a Mean Smiley or two, eh?

Who knows, It may be waiting for me when I get home and then I will be happy.

[This message has been edited by MrPeng (edited 06-21-2000).]

Fortunatly, the weather has been great up here in the Puget Sound (I suppose thats relatively), and I have been out on a boat skiing, diving and getting smashed the last couple of evenings with some pals and the new and improved CHICK 2000. Needless to say...CM? Who?

Oh sure, I have been giving an eye to the mail when its delivered, but I am so glad there is other stuff to do. It is summer after all.

(my brainwashing is so good I almost believe this myself!)

Zamo

No CM in Finland yet. Dunno about other parts of Scandinavia. Oh well, kinda expected this, I ordered only a couple weeks ago. BTW, the biggest ISP in Finland (for whom I'm working for...) has an ad of CM in the game section. Pretty cool! I would push you the URL, but you wouldn't understand a word... smile.gif Uskokaa pois! Lot's of Finns out there?

Rats and mice!

Still no CM here in Norfolk, VA. I just received a phone call from the front desk saying I had a package but it turned out that it was just my replacement hard drive from Western Digital.

Hmmm Come to think of it the mail doesn't normally ger here this early in the day. So there's still hope!

Cardinal Fang

No One Expects The Spanish Inquisition

P.S. I still have to refrain myself from starting each post with a S!. Too much Red Baron 3D!

I can add myself to the sackcloth and ashes group smile.gif, ordered in October, card charged Friday, No CM yet frown.gif. I don't think we got the shaft by anymeans. Just looks like the middle group of orders were the ones that got sidetracked in processing. Random luck, just like the game.

Kevin

Guest aka PanzerLeader

Oops, double post

[This message has been edited by aka PanzerLeader (edited 06-22-2000).]

Guest aka PanzerLeader

Boogie, I am half-finnish by my mother but I don't speak the language that fluently.

Tervetuloa to the discussion board! smile.gif

Here it is Thursday and I'm back at work after taking off two days in anticipation of getting to play CM for two solid days straight! Kinda hard to do since I HAVEN'T RECEIVED THE GAME YET! Virginia's only 600 miles away! Have there been any reports of mail trucks being hijacked? Any alien abductions of mailmen carrying packages? Inquiring minds want to know. WAH!

I live in Wisconsin about 35 miles South of Green Bay. Pre-ordered back in the first week of Nov. 1999 Have not recieved it yet. I'm sure the game will be awesome, but it's getting very frustrating taking the "long walk to the mailbox" everyday since Monday and being disappointed. I've been waiting since Nov. so I know a couple more days won't kill me, it's just a bummer that the shipping was handled in such a bush league fashion. Oh well, maybe Fri ??????????