OK post HERE to cry about not receiving CM yet

Guest *Captain Foobar*

Guest *Captain Foobar*

Just thought we could all help to clean up the forum traffic, and make it easier on everyone to find the "good" threads.

OK, here goes.... I am in San Diego, have not received CM yet. Darwin lives here too, but HE has the game.. (sob) (sniff)... I drove home at 80 miles an hour so that I could play with Waffen SS in the snow, and here I am posting on the forum like a chump... frown.gif

smile.gif

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel kinda betrayed... why'd I preorder so early if people who ordered last month were going to get the game before I did? I should have just waited and ordered now... Maybe I'd have it already. frown.gif

Of course, I do live in Montana, which is out in the middle of nowhere... but I've had priority mail packages from Florida reach here in 2 days... It's just depressing...

------------------

In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit. -- M.M.

Guest *Captain Foobar*

LOL...

I think this thread was a good idea, we need a place to let off the tension, and as I only opened it 19 minutes ago, and there are 8 replies, it seems that the angst is pretty thick.... biggrin.gif

But think about this gentlemen. You are on the verge of a major life change. Every aspect of your life will be affected, socially being the largest. Your wife will be more angry with you all the time, your friends will wonder where you have been, your boss will be wondering about your lack of focus.

And when you have been looking forward to this day for as long as we have, there are psychological issues to deal with. What motivates us? For me, since November, it has been the expectation of this paradigm shifting computer game. If it wasnt for the fact that it is CM we are receiving, the "day after Christmas" syndrome would probably drive many of us to madness. It has already claimed people like Peng, Elvira, and SS Panzywussy.

So let us use this time for silent reflection, perhaps take the wife/girlfriend/livestock to dinner, and try to leave the impression that you really care, in spite of the fact that she may not see much of you for the next 3 months or so.

Me, I think I will go do some household work, install a light fixture, cause I know DAMN well that I wont have the discipline to tear myself away after CM arrives...

You know Miyamoto,

You articulated that perfectly. Exactly how I feel is betrayed. Why did I pre-order so early and not to recieve CM within a decent period of time. Suffice to say, I'm getting royaly pissed. After hearing all those common horror stories in other threads about people's packages getting lost for weeks on end...it makes me shake my head and frown. I hope I get my CM soon. I sware to God, I will not shove it in anyone's faces once I get it. I'm starting to wonder not "when" I'll get my game, but "if" I get my game.

[This message has been edited by Capt. Manieri (edited 06-20-2000).]

Here is my theory.

BTS went to the post office with pallets full of CM for shipping. they had them in the order they received them. They unloaded the earliest orders first and the latest orders last. they filled the mailroom.

The USPS, emptied the mailroom from the outside, taking the latest first and the early orders last.

While shipping, there was such a high volume that the USPS only moved 1/3 of the pallets each day. Shipping took 3 days, starting Thursday.

Shipping ended Monday, with the early orders going then. Expect your early pre-order to arrive this week.

At least I hope so!

ALLONS!!!

Guest Big Time Software

Guys please, we've done our level best to serve everyone in order but we're all at the mercy of the vagueries of the U.S. Postal Service here. We can't control the entire process of shipping the packages to your doors. Sorry it's taking a while, but you'll all receive your games very soon.

Charles

Still haven't gotten mine either. frown.gif

You know, I 'll have to agree with Blackhorse. The USPS probably got the damn palletes (or whatever they went to the PO in) ass-backwards in their shipping. Sent out the late ones first and early ones later. I hate to say "It figures." But again after working in a postal service, I've seen that **** does happen in order of delivery, etc..

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 06-20-2000).]

Good theory Blackhorse. Did you ever work at the Post Office. Is there any way we can valididate that theory, because it sounds RIGHT on. Now, the only instance in which I think is different is when all the regular preorders got sent, beofre they were sorted they were all mixed up here and there.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Guys please, we've done our level best to serve everyone in order but we're all at the mercy of the vagueries of the U.S. Postal Service here. We can't control the entire process of shipping the packages to your doors. Sorry it's taking a while, but you'll all receive your games very soon.

Charles<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Charles. I don't blame you. Just frustrated. USPS is usually very reliable for me, but when they've screwed up, they've screwed up good. Back to the pain pills. The Doc gave me soom good stuff today for my back.

------------------

He who gets there the fastest with the mostest wins.

Just got back from my local post office (SF Bay Area) and they did not have any packages even slated for delivery to residential addresses. I too am beginning to also feel that it is going to be a case of "if" I get CM rather than "when. Frustrated in Livermore, Calif. mad.gif

Barbarossa

Checked my mailbox today... saw a slip letting me know I had a package. SCORE!!! Then I actually get my hands on the thing it turns out to be a bunch of *(#&* forwarded mail... not even anything useful in it. Down with the USPS!

------------------

Questions, comments, arguments, refutations, criticisms, and/or sea stories?

well i'm major leaque teed off!! i preordered in the beginning of december and haven't received the game yet but people who preordered last month got it?!! i do blame bts. everybody who preordered in 1999 should have got their game shipped by priority mail and everybody who ordered this year should have went out regular mail. what the heck was the point of preordering so early if all the orders went out priority and left up to the vicissitudes of usps? next time i'll wait until a week before release so i'll probably get it before some schmuck(like myself) who preordered several months prior.

I hate to break it to all of you, but unless the preorders were in the 10's of thousands, they were probably moved out of the receiving PO within 24 hours. It doesn't take that long to work packages.

I've worked for the USPS for 18 years and for the last 8 years I've been part of the operation that receives, works, and sends out mail at night. Packages don't "sit" for a couple of days. A small PO wouldn't even try to work incoming mail, it's sent on to a center like I work at.

I ordered last July, ahead of MANY of you. I asked, and received, a description of the package CM was coming in. I have many clerks watching for my package, so my carrier won't even delay it by a few hours. And I still don't have my CM yet!

Feel frustrated, I know I do. But remember, in one DAY, the USPS works as many pieces of mail as UPS & FedEx does in a YEAR.

A few days ago, BTS posted this message, when asked when all preorders would be sent:

"We are hoping the answer will be...

MONDAY

But I can't say that with more than a little bit of doubt. I would, however, say that Tuesday would appear to be the latest. Let's put it this way... if there are any CM Preorders still in our warehouse by the end of Tuesday I am going to be a "tad bit upset". I know they are going as fast as they can, but there really should be no reason they can't have all of them out by then."

Question- HAVE all the preorders been sent yet?