We are out of stock (again)!

Guest Big Time Software

Congratulations, S&C!

As a former management consultant and an author of business books, I love a great small-business success story. I've always believed in the viability of small players in strong niche markets, and it's nice to see that confirmed every now and then.

Two points:

1) You need better sales forecasting wink.gif

2) Delay CM2 as long as possible or my next book may never get written.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thomas Norton:

IDF, I am an attonrey for the State of California, and yea, all the CM players in my office are like me, lawyers (disclaimer, we do not play the game in the office).

We do talk a lot about it, when the boss is not around....However, if he heard us, he would think it was about work, since he would hear about combat, and how we managed to take this or that position....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a citizen of the State of California... Get back to work!

Just kidding.

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

Congrats to BTS. I'm really glad the game is doing so well, because I want to see a lot more of it!

When CM2 happens and I have access to this game system on the Russian Front.... boy, I better start thinking up excuses for my wife and business clients now; I'm going to be MIA A LOT.

wink.gif

Papa

BTS, glad to hear it!! smile.gif

Running out of product is almost always a good problem to have. As long as it's not for a long time. smile.gif Always good when demand outweighs supply.

Anyway, I wish you continued success and from what it looks like, I think I'm safe in saying that most here support you guys 100%. I certainly do.

Respectfully,

GI Tom

P.S. What are you guys going to do when fellow CM'ers start to line up at your doorstep so you can kiss their newborns?? smile.gif

------------------

To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of wierd sandwich.

BTS: just wanted to commend you on an excellent game. It really shows what people who care and use a little imagination can do. The schlock being peddled by the likes of EA, Hasbro and others is simply put to shame by a fine piece of work like Combat Mission. I am 34, and a jaded gamer, having played computer games since about 1987. This game has brought me back to the point of actually getting excited to play, providing the most engrossing gaming experience I have played since the original Civilization. Keep up the good work, it's a godsend to the gaming community. And don't get cocky with all the praise ; )

------------------

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael emrys:

I began to notice about 25 years ago that for a lot of people, if it didn't get on tv, it didn't happen. frown.gif

Michael<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now it's. If something isn't on the internet it doesn't exist. I had a senior citizen think I was no longer in business because I didn't have a website yet. This was a man who didn't think he needed a modem.

Guest goonch

F*****g eh! Way to go bros.

Bye the way, every time my wife walks by our computer room, she curses you guys(BTS) for putting out such a game that totally absorbs me.

------------------

leave the gun, take the canolies.

I have seen nothing but suberb reviews...even pcgamer and combatsim.com make such remarks as "Best war game out there" etc.....This is what happens when u take the time to make a great product that need little patching, even if delayed to save the release of a bugfest. A note to the shirts who release games....if this game was released buggy and rushed out the door...do u think the sales would be the same having gotten labelled as buggy? I think not...let this be a lesson that we appreciate great gamework..word spreads fast with good and bad games and even an online purchase only game without the recognition of major stores can do well simply bcause its a great game and has gotten great reviews...that's why i bought it...i read about it in PCGamer AND combatsim.com. Without those sources and without the reviews they posted...i never would have known about, nor purchased this sim. Keep up the GREAT work Battlefront people :P!

FoxK

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Purple4Ever:

Congratulations guys!

This is the best computer wargame I've ever played.

Success can be a two-edged sword - One word of caution: Talonsoft.

Please, please, please do not let what happened to TS happen to you.

Cheers! biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What happened to Talonsoft? I know they've kind of lapsed into the background ... The worst thing I thought they did two years ago was put out some Tribal Rage game which was very poor RTS.

Guest Big Time Software

Thanks everybody. Steve and I could not be more pleased with how much people like the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>P.S. Did You Expect this kind of Success?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. It seems like ancient history now, but boy am I glad that, way back when, before this whole ball really got rolling, I told a couple of publishers to kiss my a**.

Of course I was more polite than that but you know what I mean.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Charles