CMBN BP2 has a release date

On 5/12/2024 at 3:37 AM, Warts 'n' all said:

I've got such a backlog of FB and RT to play, I don't think I'll be buying this until Christmas or even next year. 

My man!!! That is music to my ears. I like that so much better than "I haven't had anything new in forever. When are youse guys gonna make sumfink new?"

On 5/13/2024 at 3:22 PM, Centurian52 said:

CMBN BP1 on the Battlefront website is currently $10. CMRT BP1 is also $10. I don't speak for Battlefront, but my guess is that it will probably be $10.

Good guess. 

16 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

It would be good if someone made some "new release" videos of the same quality that we used to get from ChrisND, for this battle pack.

There will be. Patience, Grasshopper. There have been pre-release videos for every Slitherine/Steam release and this won't be any different. I have a schedule written schedule of various pre-release promotional items. As I mentioned in the other BP2 release date thread, tomorrow, the 16th, should be the next. 

9 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

There will be. Patience, Grasshopper. There have been pre-release videos for every Slitherine/Steam release and this won't be any different. I have a schedule written schedule of various pre-release promotional items. As I mentioned in the other BP2 release date thread, tomorrow, the 16th, should be the next. 

Okeh, Declan. Thanks for your reply.

On 5/10/2024 at 3:41 PM, OldSarge said:

The long wait is over! BP2 has a real date!

Time to get into mindset, I'm re-reading Joseph Balkoski's Utah Beach.

https://www.matrixgames.com/news/combat-mission-battle-for-normandy-battle-pack-2-out-on-d-day

https://www.matrixgames.com/game/combat-mission-battle-for-normandy-battle-pack-2

ahhhh, Balkoski!  Excellent, I think I might need to do a re-read myself, thanks for that note.  

Like Warts, I have tons of RT & Downfall still to play but work has been rather all consuming for quite a while now, though will slow down to normal pace soon.  But I loooooooooove Normandy campaign and can't wait to get this.  I've got a week off coming up end which is one week too early, dang it.

49 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

Straight from the desk of @Ithikial_AU. Here ya go:

"... Battlefront wanted to marshal their resources towards ++redacted++. I mean I was shocked by the news at first, that ++redacted++ existed and that it was going in ++redacted++ thematic direction."

Blueballed once again!

C'mon Battlefront, tell us already!!!!

In the meantime, really looking forward to this Battlepack.

47 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

I love the not-so-subtle reference to the big secret project.

A Module-like release wasn’t going to work for Battlefront as they wanted to marshal their resources towards ++redacted++. I mean I was shocked by the news at first, that ++redacted++ existed and that it was going in ++redacted++ thematic direction. However, when you think about it, Space Lobsters was indeed the only way forward from here.

What’s next? Well, I never thought I’d say this, but I now need to go and research crustaceans, their order of battle and TOE from the 23rd Century. I do wander what has better armor penetration against modern battle tanks, blue lasers or red?

Honestly I think the red lasers are best for anti-armor work, while blue lasers work better for anti-personnel and anti-fortification work.

2 minutes ago, sttp said:

Blueballed once again!

That was Chad's idea. I think we all need to come to terms that he isn't a nice guy. In fact he's evil.

On 5/14/2024 at 9:33 PM, BFCElvis said:

Good guess.

Will there also be a patch upon release? The equipment on the US paratroopers' belt still needs to be adjusted (it hangs a little too low on the model since the beginning of the game and would really only be a minimal effort to correct... 😉)

I’ve just read through the Dev Diary on the Matrix site.  It’s a really interesting read, very inciteful, and has built up my excitement for what promises to be a really great Battlepack.  I will definitely be ordering this.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Dev diary states:  It’s the collection of some well-known engagements an Armchair General would like to play on a rainy Sunday afternoon with a glass of whiskey in one hand and cigar in the other.

I don't drink or smoke -- can I still play this battlepack?

edit: and I see he is using Lions of Caretan as source material.  That oughta be fun!

Edited by danfrodo

7 hours ago, sttp said:

Blueballed once again!

7 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

That was Chad's idea. I think we all need to come to terms that he isn't a nice guy. In fact he's evil.

What can I say I'm under an NDA. As for being evil... remember we have birds big enough to hunt kangaroos. Ok not really, they only hunt the babies and scavenge the adults, but still give you a sense of the size of our eagles against the size of our national animal. You need to be tough down here. :D

eagle-kangaroo.webp.57e83fbc20b5cdd713678aa37d7efcdd.webp

1 hour ago, danfrodo said:

Dev diary states:  It’s the collection of some well-known engagements an Armchair General would like to play on a rainy Sunday afternoon with a glass of whiskey in one hand and cigar in the other.

I don't drink or smoke -- can I still play this battlepack?

edit: and I see he is using Lions of Caretan as source material.  That oughta be fun!

I don't smoke and I'd rather drink rum and tequila than whiskey so I say yes. :D

As for that book, yeah was meaning to pick a copy up for a while and this project seemed like a good excuse. It's a good book looking into the 6FJR as a unit and how they got to Normandy and beyond. Provided some good ideas for how the battles between the 101st and themselves should feel like.