First fanmade CampaignPack "Summer of Destruction" is released (no charge)

Just now, Dar7k said:

I have. But I got rid of the problem otherwise. Apparently the files were noted as "read-only" which prevented the game to show them correctly.

Ok. I d/l them separately and put them into cam/ scenario folders. It works with no problem. Glad you sorted out.

First of all:

Thank you for all the very nice emails that so many people have sent me. 🙏

There are actually so many that I can't answer each one, but I read them all

and really enjoyed them !!!

Then a small note:

I was a bit unclear with the .btt file that I also sent you.

@PEB14  alerted me to that little problem:

This .btt file means the following:
I sent you a .btt file (named CP SoD Introductory Part) -- this file, you should find in your scenario-folder.
It is no mission, but a kind of introduction to the CampaignPack. It consists of 5 own short written chapters, of which 
chapter 2 describes the general conditions, players can expect, when playing the CampaignPack. 

Hope that explains everything 👍

Regards

Mr.X

Edited by Mr.X

23 hours ago, Mr.X said:

Then a small note:

I was a bit unclear with the .btt file that I also sent you.

@PEB14  alerted me to that little problem:

This .btt file means the following:
I sent you a .btt file (named CP SoD Introductory Part) -- this file, you should find in your scenario-folder.
It is no mission, but a kind of introduction to the CampaignPack. It consists of 5 own short written chapters, of which 
chapter 2 describes the general conditions, players can expect, when playing the CampaignPack. 

Hope that explains everything 👍

Regards

Mr.X

Hi Frank,

i was also a bit confused in first place. I then exported the mission briefing via editor to a text file.

Wouldn't it be easier for everyone to send a readme.txt with the pack/email?

You surely have reasons for the way you distribute your campaign pack and how you deliver the instructions.

So nevermind if it stays this way, you definitley did an amazing job here and i want to thank you very much for! 😃

Edited by Maddin

Thanks to Frank I now have 16 campaigns to play on my version of Red Thunder. 5 by Battlefront, 5 by Frank, and 6 other fanmade campaigns. 

We are lucky there are so many good fanmade campaigns for Red Thunder. In fact, there may even be more for this game now than BN! Someone should do a count…

1 hour ago, pintere said:

Thanks to Frank I now have 16 campaigns to play on my version of Red Thunder. 5 by Battlefront, 5 by Frank, and 6 other fanmade campaigns. 

We are lucky there are so many good fanmade campaigns for Red Thunder. In fact, there may even be more for this game now than BN! Someone should do a count…

You are missing campaigns. I have 24 for Red Thunder XD
5 by Battlefront, 5 by Franck and 14 others created by members of the community.
I started the game in December with BfN, FI and FB. I'm very far from finished XD

3 hours ago, Mik093 said:

5 by Battlefront, 5 by Franck and 14 others created by members of the community.
I started the game in December with BfN, FI and FB. I'm very far from finished XD

Of course 😅. It should be noted that I’m also very picky with the campaigns I keep for a long time. Ones that don’t make the cut include campaigns with insufficiently accurate uniforms/TOE (this excludes DragonWynn‘s Totenkopf and Finnish campaigns), requirements for mods that don’t come with mod tags (eg DragonWynn‘s Stalingrad campaign) or are duplicates of battles already portrayed in a higher quality campaign (such as the fanmade breakthrough to AG North campaign).

Thankfully Frank‘s campaigns have none of these issues!

3 hours ago, Mr.X said:

It cannot be emphasized enough. If the briefings of the many missions are reasonable, then that is solely @pintere´s credit 🙏 He corrected all (!!) the briefings and repeatedly had to deal with my terrible English. 

And I would do it again! Quality missions deserve quality briefings. 

6 hours ago, Mr.X said:

It cannot be emphasized enough. If the briefings of the many missions are reasonable, then that is solely @pintere´s credit 🙏 He corrected all (!!) the briefings and repeatedly had to deal with my terrible English. 

Ack!!  I meant to do that too for all the 5 Bridges and Tiger Trail briefings!  Sorry, I forgot to get back to those.

5 hours ago, Mik093 said:

Same.  24 campaigns for RT also.

If you haven't, once you start playing humans, it's NEVER finished...

Edited by Phantom Captain

6 hours ago, pintere said:

Of course 😅. It should be noted that I’m also very picky with the campaigns I keep for a long time. Ones that don’t make the cut include campaigns with insufficiently accurate uniforms/TOE (this excludes DragonWynn‘s Totenkopf and Finnish campaigns), requirements for mods that don’t come with mod tags (eg DragonWynn‘s Stalingrad campaign) or are duplicates of battles already portrayed in a higher quality campaign (such as the fanmade breakthrough to AG North campaign).

Thankfully Frank‘s campaigns have none of these issues!

Alright I understand 😉. For my part, I am not familiar with uniforms/TOE so I am not bothered by possible inconsistencies.
It will take me as long as it takes but I will play them all to discover the work created by people.

• 2 weeks later...