Survey for future BattlePack projects

While I'm hanging around here on the forum, I have an idea: 

Now that the big CMRT project will be finished soon,  I feel an inner energy within me to look forward for something new 😎

Of course, no promises - because I don't know for sure whether I'll have the luxury of combining work and hobby so comfortably again this year.

But if I start something new, it will probably be another BattlePack of 3-5 campaigns from Axis point of view. 

No Normandy and no Italian Theatre (there are many people who have a thousand times better background knowledge about these battles).

But the Eastern Front from June 44 to May 45 and the Western Front from September/October 44 to May 45 are available to choose from (hoping for the release of a new CMFB module in 2024 🙏):

Therefore, suggestions can be made on this topic.  Eastern front or Western Front? Berlin or Budapest? Rhine Front or, for example, the fighting for Northern Germany? Or something completely different? 

There are thousands of interesting regions and battles. Everyone can make suggestions and contribute ideas here.

Regards

Mr.X

2 hours ago, Mr.X said:

But the Eastern Front from June 44 to May 45 and the Western Front from September/October 44 to May 45 are available to choose from (hoping for the release of a new CMFB module in 2024 🙏😞

Eastern Front is just fine. Everything which fits CM:RT timeline will do for me. Appreciate your work!

The vast amount of forces, terrain and weather on the Eastern Front still provide a near unlimited amount of possibilities. There were literally thousands of smaller but intense battles that were part of much larger campaigns that have never been mentioned and neve will due to combat records being lost or destroyed. Whatever can be imagined has the possibility of what could have happened.

That being said you may want to see what's released with the new CMFB Downfall module later this month to see if you get any new ideas.

12 hours ago, Artkin said:

Kursk 1943!

While that would be awesome, I suspect CMRT in its current form doesn't have all the necessary equipment for mid-1943 fighting. I haven't played Fire and Rubble yet, and Downfall hasn't been released yet (I'm doing a playthrough of all the Combat Mission content I have in chronological order, so those two will be the last WW2 content I play in this playthrough, probably a couple years from now (there's a lot to get through)). So I'm not sure what on either front in 1945 would be interesting to cover but that hasn't been covered yet. Maybe Balkans 1944? Of course we're missing a lot of the essential forces to cover that front (no Romanian forces yet). I was going to suggest Tunisia, since I would expect some equipment overlap between Tunisia and Sicily, meaning that we may already have most of what's needed. But if Italy is off the menu then that probably means no Tunisia as well. Besides, Battlefront may yet get around to doing Tunisia themselves one day.

An Axis vs AI campaign covering the 1943-1945 era would be welcome as most are from the Allied POV and the Axis has little opportunity for attacking.  Thanks for all your work.  I know that Paper Tiger said it's not uncommon to put in over 1000 hours work for one of his (xnt) campaigns.

4 hours ago, Centurian52 said:

While that would be awesome, I suspect CMRT in its current form doesn't have all the necessary equipment for mid-1943 fighting. I haven't played Fire and Rubble yet, and Downfall hasn't been released yet (I'm doing a playthrough of all the Combat Mission content I have in chronological order, so those two will be the last WW2 content I play in this playthrough, probably a couple years from now (there's a lot to get through)). So I'm not sure what on either front in 1945 would be interesting to cover but that hasn't been covered yet. Maybe Balkans 1944? Of course we're missing a lot of the essential forces to cover that front (no Romanian forces yet). I was going to suggest Tunisia, since I would expect some equipment overlap between Tunisia and Sicily, meaning that we may already have most of what's needed. But if Italy is off the menu then that probably means no Tunisia as well. Besides, Battlefront may yet get around to doing Tunisia themselves one day.

All the equipment is there 

Maybe something to do with German counterattacks on OP Market-Garden? I know there is already a German campaign for MG but it's probably my least favorite of all the WW2 campaigns. 

PS: I know you said no Italian campaign but I really wish someone would do campaigns for the Canadians, French, New Zealanders, and Brazilians. 

Posted (edited)

@JarosakWhen I look at screenshots of CMCW, I always notice the blue sky. I work very often in the region called the "Fulda Gap" and I always wonder what it would look like after multiple nuclear strikes. I think it would be a very dark atmosphere. So actually interesting 😉

But in the end I'm too fascinated by WWII - so, no CMColdWar 🙏 

Did you play my former campaign "Zawiya Uprising" ? This was my only foray into modern war so far...

Regards

Mr.X

Edited by Mr.X

It´s Libyan Civil War. Red vs Red. Playing the "evil side" and fighting for the Gaddafi Regime 😉 Surprisingly, most critics were good, but I have never reworked the campaign for SF II standards....

On 1/4/2024 at 11:38 PM, Mr.X said:

While I'm hanging around here on the forum, I have an idea: 

Now that the big CMRT project will be finished soon,  I feel an inner energy within me to look forward for something new 😎

Of course, no promises - because I don't know for sure whether I'll have the luxury of combining work and hobby so comfortably again this year.

But if I start something new, it will probably be another BattlePack of 3-5 campaigns from Axis point of view. 

No Normandy and no Italian Theatre (there are many people who have a thousand times better background knowledge about these battles).

But the Eastern Front from June 44 to May 45 and the Western Front from September/October 44 to May 45 are available to choose from (hoping for the release of a new CMFB module in 2024 🙏😞

Therefore, suggestions can be made on this topic.  Eastern front or Western Front? Berlin or Budapest? Rhine Front or, for example, the fighting for Northern Germany? Or something completely different? 

There are thousands of interesting regions and battles. Everyone can make suggestions and contribute ideas here.

Regards

Mr.X

OOh , more is always good. first to come to mind would be scenarios based around the festungs, Kustrin, Budapest, Posen,  things for which i feel altho there is some material it is still lacking...

Bubba

3 hours ago, Bubba883XL said:

Budapest

Due to the core theme of F&R Hungary is underrepresented, although it is an extremely interesting theater. Hungary is one of my favorite thoughts when it comes

to a new BP ❤️

22 hours ago, Jarosak said:

I would like to see North Africa campaigns too just saying  and hope battlefront give  us africa module for Fortress italy one day 🙂

I think this would be a very good time for my signature to pop up in a thread!!!....... Sigh.

I miss North Africa as well.  We already have the desert terrain from CMSF  Phil has done an outstanding attempt of botching together some good-looking early war AFV's.  Suprises me that this is a perennially overlooked theatre.  And of course those units would also be good for "Early War" in any theatre.

Actually, with the German equipment from July 1943, one should be able to depict at least the last months of the war in North Africa in CMFI without any problems. Even the maps shouldn't be a problem. 

3 hours ago, Mr.X said:

Actually, with the German equipment from July 1943, one should be able to depict at least the last months of the war in North Africa in CMFI without any problems. Even the maps shouldn't be a problem. 

Yes you are correct and some great stuff has been made by the talents on this forum, however imo the meat and potatoes for the most fun desert battles are in 41 - 42 and all before El Alamein. France '40 stuff too...

Alright I am off to my early war long desert campaign using winSPWW2.

Happy New Year everyone!!

Cheers!

Edited by Blazing 88's