CMFI v2.20 patch is now available

BFCElvis

With the Steam release of Fortress Italy comes a new patch containing the PBEM++ and Tournament systems.

There are also some bug fixes in the patch:

* FIXED: Rifle grande mapping corrected.
* FIXED: British 6 pounder AT gun model was too small. Corrected.
* FIXED: Infantry no longer flees toward enemy.
* FIXED: Units no longer transport from one action square to another, instantly.
* FIXED: APHE is more lethal versus infantry than HE.
* FIXED: Some HE shells have incorrect blast values.

Get yours here:

https://www.battlefront.com/patches

9 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

* FIXED: Rifle gran(a)de mapping corrected.
* FIXED: British 6 pounder AT gun model was too small. Corrected.

Thanks! Always nice to patch up to the latest CM standard.

But... The only new model file in this patch is "pz-iiig-late.mdr". I am pretty sure the above two quoted model fixes aren't included in this patch.

Just now, kohlenklau said:

@BFCElvis

The patch installation process placed the "activate New Products" icon on my desktop and I got all wigged out to try and find my license code.

But it seems I do not need it for a patch? It seems all good and shows 2.20 down in the lower right corner.

You shouldn't need a license code for a free patch, just for DLCs that are paid.

Dave

3 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

I'll have to double check. We have bug tracking software. When preparing a new readme file I look through that and gather up everything marked as "Resolved" to put on my list. That was one of those.

There was a similar thing with Red Thunder patch 2.13. Where the changelog talks about a fixed Panther D model. But there is no Panther D model in that patch. Only "pz-iiig-late.mdr". When I run Red Thunder 2.13 I can see a black (textureless) spare track on some Panther D's.

* FIXED: Panther Ausf D model had the hatch open in the opposite direction, and some of the spare tracks are textureless.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue or what to try next?

During installation of the patch it complained about a file missing,  I went forward with the installation (I'm an optimist).

The game started ok, I was able to start a quick battle, but in the main screen I see the message:  The following data files are missing.  Please contact customer service.  fortress italy v220.brz.

I have attached a screen capture of the message.

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

13 hours ago, MartinL said:

Thank you @user1000, that got rid of the warning and, I assume, the problem!

I would have thought that the patch .exe file would have taken care of that,  oh well.

Cheers!

When we see missing brz files it is almost always because an anti-virus program blocked the installation or removed the file with a false positive.

1 hour ago, chocice said:

Could someone be kind enough to remind me of where we extract the patch to??

Don't do anything until somebody seconds my suggestion.

1. I download the rar to my normal downloads folder.

2. I right click on it there and extract it THERE also. THIS EXTRACT?

3. I then click on that .exe and it opens the window where I agree to the user agreement and it has a default TARGET where my game is.

4. I can then delete all the stuff in downloads after it is all working ok.

1 hour ago, chocice said:

Could someone be kind enough to remind me of where we extract the patch to??

Tia, 

21 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

Don't do anything until somebody seconds my suggestion.

1. I download the rar to my normal downloads folder.

2. I right click on it there and extract it THERE also. THIS EXTRACT?

3. I then click on that .exe and it opens the window where I agree to the user agreement and it has a default TARGET where my game is.

4. I can then delete all the stuff in downloads after it is all working ok.

Exactly right.

• 2 weeks later...

I built a new PC in the early summer.  And finally decided to do the Steam thing and so just loaded up all CM games via Steam on my new PC at home and my old PC which is now up at the cottage (Intel 3970K CPU with 64 GB RAM and using an older AMD 6970 GPU) - I took my GTX 980 and put it on the new machine (Intel i7-13700K with 64 GB RAM) because I just cannot fathom the insane GPU pricing that now exists, and frankly the 980 GTX has worked fine with CM)

Anyhow, I seem to have problems with CMFI (I have used all other CM games but not yet CMBS or CMFB).  Seems I have partial freeze-ups in the sense that, while I can move around views with the mouse, the game refuses to recognize mouse clicks or keyboard commands.  So I am stuck for a while only able to pan around with the mouse.  Eventually (after leaving it for a few minutes, mouse clicks and such are recognized for a short while by the game and then it happens again.

Which as you can imagine is somewhat frustrating.

Anyone else experience this?  Any ideas why it could be happening?  So far only on my cottage PC which as I noted above I pulled out the GTX 980 and put in an older AMD HD 6970.  Never had this issue when the cottage PC was my main unit with the GTX 980.  Cottage is running Win 10 Pro, home is Win 11 Pro.

Have not noticed this with CMBN or CMRT.  And it is also happening with CMCW (on both PCs with the large Grand Tournament scenario, but not smaller ones I have played so far)

Edited by Andrew Kulin

I think this or an earlier patch overwrote special FI tables of equipments for the Germans, namely the Grenadier and mot. Panzergrenadier ones, with ones from the other game families. These units don't use the captured Berettas anymore, they are only present in the Gebirgsjägers now.

Edited by Ts4EVER

1 hour ago, Ts4EVER said:

I think this or an earlier patch overwrote special FI tables of equipments for the Germans, namely the Grenadier and mot. Panzergrenadier ones, with ones from the other game families. These units don't use the captured Berettas anymore, they are only present in the Gebirgsjägers now.

I just loaded an armored Panzergrenadier battalion in the editor (Typical, July 1944) and I saw a few Berettas...if that was what you meant?

7 hours ago, Andrew Kulin said:

So far only on my cottage PC which as I noted above I pulled out the GTX 980 and put in an older AMD HD 6970.

Could the problem be the AMD?  I was running an Nvidia 1060 laptop version on Win 10 - no problems.  I'm now running a 4060 laptop version on Win 11 - again, no problems.