Combat Mission Cold War v1.07 patch is available for download

BFCElvis

17 minutes ago, Redwolf said:

OK. Still can't spot this corruption.

FWIW I used the full installer from my orders page (not a patch). I did not remove the previous install.

We've testers that didn't experience either. That's why I released. It seemed to be limited to only his system.

4 minutes ago, Halmbarte said:

Removed Z folder to desktop, removed v107.brz, reinstalled the update, still have the goofy unit descriptions like before. 

Anything else I'm missing? 

wj9XYyu.pngH

Nope. Thanks. 

I'll keep you posted on what we find out. I'll get you a link to the v1.06 patch because you're gonna want that. Fortunately, as a Mac player this will mean almost nothing to you. The only Mac fix was a gun holster for some US crews.

Mac OS X:  (I speak Mac 😀)

It's not the mods. In testing (yeah, I'm the tester it happens to) I've installed clean 1.07 full installer, ran the updates from 1.03 to 1.06 to 1.07, and started from 1.06 and updated to 1.07. Everything is fine until 1.07, no matter which way I do it.  I have some mods and I moved them in and moved them back out - no difference. But in each case I started with a no mod clean install.

It's not my OS that's doing it either. I have Sonoma Beta and @JRC58 has 13.5.3 and it happened to both of us. Also, I just updated FI with no issues at all, with or without mods (of which I have a lot for FI). There's no reason it should behave differently for FI than CW. None that I can think of anyway.

The .brz file for 1.07 is indeed quite small, but that could be correct for Mac since there is no PBEM++ support for Macs, just a couple of minor graphics fixes.

There are some who get the glitch, and some who don't, even among the beta testers. So - a mystery so far. Perhaps Charles will spot something. Meanwhile, for myself, I kept an installation of 1.06 for now, which works fine. One thing I haven't tried though is whether a normal PBEM would be compatible with a Windows user on 1.07. 

For those of you who have the glitch, I wouldn't knock yourself out trying a bunch of tricks, just reinstall 1.06 and you'll be fine. John can provide anyone with a link to it. And you should be able to put your mods back in 1.06 with no problems.

Dave

PS - For Windows users, just as general information, on Macs EVERYTHING is installed in the application directory - the app, saves, incoming/outgoing emails, mods, etc. There isn't anything at all in the user's home directory (except the license buried deep somewhere). Different looking installation than that for Windows.

Edited by Ultradave

I ran the upgrade on Windows 10 from 1.06. The home screen says "cold war v1.07brz" is missing. I'm not sure if this is due to Norton doing its very best to stop the upgrade (the "Data Protector" module) over four attempts before I managed to suspend the service. The quick battle selection options are "interesting" (force type: Vickers Berthia or Spandrel), and the force selection is WW2! Any ideas on how to fix this, please?

3 minutes ago, LuckyDog said:

I ran the upgrade on Windows 10 from 1.06. The home screen says "cold war v1.07brz" is missing. I'm not sure if this is due to Norton doing its very best to stop the upgrade (the "Data Protector" module) over four attempts before I managed to suspend the service. The quick battle selection options are "interesting" (force type: Vickers Berthia or Spandrel), and the force selection is WW2! Any ideas on how to fix this, please?

That is because of the missing file. Here's a link to the file:

https://battlefront.sharefile.com/d-sb2a257bf160041cdba50021293ee3f88

Place it in the Data folder and you should be OK.

• 1 month later...

@BFCElvis what about a patch for the onmap mortars?
They are so inaccurate, that I assume there might be a comma mistake or something like that, because it feels like they're inaccurate by the factor of 10. Which makes them almost unusable, as the rounds land all over the place.

And I think there is the same Problem for onmap mortars in Black Sea as well.

I would also like to report another bug with the lighting.
The shadows of the Terrain is switched. When you have a mountain in the morning, the sunny side is shown in the shadows, and the shadow side is very bright.
This is a bug in all CM titles. Maybe it's easy to fix, by adding a minus somewhere or something.

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2023 at 5:59 PM, BFCElvis said:

That is because of the missing file. Here's a link to the file:

https://battlefront.sharefile.com/d-sb2a257bf160041cdba50021293ee3f88

Place it in the Data folder and you should be OK.

I am having a similar issue where my units have WW2 names ( tanks named Tiger, Marder etc for both Blue and Red forces. The link appears dead is their another way to access the file?

No, not that I'm aware of. I left mine at v1.06 and everything runs just fine. 

I don't even know what needs to be fixed 🙂

I will try a clean install now to see if it's still an issue. There have been a couple of updated versions of Sonoma since then, and the file on the BF website is still the same, so it will check if it's something to do with Sonoma. I pretty sure that's not it, but it can't hurt to try.

Dave

48 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

No, not that I'm aware of. I left mine at v1.06 and everything runs just fine. 

I don't even know what needs to be fixed 🙂

I will try a clean install now to see if it's still an issue. There have been a couple of updated versions of Sonoma since then, and the file on the BF website is still the same, so it will check if it's something to do with Sonoma. I pretty sure that's not it, but it can't hurt to try.

Dave

Thanks Dave. Yea I tried to reinstall but no luck. How can I get a download version of 1.06? This makes the game almost unplayable with the weird unit designations.

11 hours ago, dragonwynn said:

I am having a similar issue where my units have WW2 names ( tanks named Tiger, Marder etc for both Blue and Red forces. The link appears dead is their another way to access the file?

We see the mislabeled names when a brz file(s) is(are) missing from the Data folder. Open a Help Desk ticket and include a screenshot of the contents of the game's Data folder.

11 hours ago, dragonwynn said:

Also, it can happen when things that don't belong are in the Data folder. Or some mods.

I don't know if it can help: I also had some shifts in the names of weapons with the latest patch 1.07. It was the real-time protection of Windows Defender which prevented a complete installation of the patch. I disabled this function during installation (internet disconnected for security), the game works fine.

Edited by laurent 22