Combat Mission Cold War v1.07 patch is available for download

BFCElvis

13 hours ago, JRC58 said:

unit labels appear to have been corrupted.

That is the usual sign that the patch didn't head to your proper directory. Usually these patches create a new brz and it might even be called v107.brz after the patch number. If that is not there with the other brz's in DATA folder, then try again magic 8 ball.

Inside the brz file, the new patch came with a new string file.txt and using the wrong one gives you this odd display of unit names and such. 99% sure.

EDIT: After successful patch, your CMCW home screen should say in bottom right corner v1.07 (99% sure)

Edited by kohlenklau

14 hours ago, JRC58 said:

Installation MacOS 13.5.2 completed and while the game appears to run fine so far, in the editor the unit labels appear to have been corrupted.

Cold War 1.07 Scen Edit Dolbach Heights.png

That is, essentially, what our beta tester had. @kohlenklau is correct. That is usually a sign that a brz file is missing. There is a new brz file in the patch (cold war v107.brz). If you don't have it then that is your issue. Our tester does have the brz file.....We're still scratching our heads about what is going on with him. 

14 minutes ago, Halmbarte said:

Here's where the v107.brz file is

Your screenshot of the folder contents seems to show something BELOW cold war v107.brz. Is that my bad eyes or do you indeed have something loading into the game after that last cold war v107.brz file? That COULD be the issue. Not claiming to be a BFCElvis!

4 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

That is the usual sign that the patch didn't head to your proper directory. Usually these patches create a new brz and it might even be called v107.brz after the patch number. If that is not there with the other brz's in DATA folder, then try again magic 8 ball.

Inside the brz file, the new patch came with a new string file.txt and using the wrong one gives you this odd display of unit names and such. 99% sure.

EDIT: After successful patch, your CMCW home screen should say in bottom right corner v1.07 (99% sure)

@kohlenklau has a solid suggestion to resolve the issue...

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

something loading into the game after that last cold war v107.brz file? That COULD be the issue. Not claiming to be a BFCElvis!

Another…  solid suggestion to resolve the issue...

1 hour ago, BFCElvis said:

Oh wow. You have more than just that folder at the top. And they aren't in a Z folder. I'm surprised that your game is running at all.

@BFCElvis  Bullseye. 

Buzz

9 minutes ago, Halmbarte said:

Moved all the other stuff into Z folder, I removed the 107.brz, still see the whacky units:

nVMqocd.png

H

I meant for you to remove ALL mods from the Data folder. I have seen mods do all manner of odd things over the years but the #1 thing I have seen them do is what you're seeing. Mods that were compatible with v1.05 or 1.06 may not be compatible with v1.07.

If you remove the mods and find that it clears things up, then reintroduce the mods a bit at a time until you trigger the naughty mod(s).

12 minutes ago, Redwolf said:

Which unit do I need to look at in the editor to see this problem?

Any. 

The issue that our tester saw, and @Halmbartehas screenshots of, is units with funky names. See how his has formation names like Rino Battalion 31. If you have the issue, you won't need to look real hard to be able to tell.