Combat photography: Photos from the front..

On 1/31/2023 at 8:16 AM, Mr.X said:

@Phantom Captain:

In honor of this anonymus hero, who rescued his whole company during the testing, I will give him the name 

"Hartenstein" (which was his random name during this epic fight) in the original campaign 🏆

😉

Regards

Mr.X

I love this!!  That's so excellent.  It's quite an honor and he deserves it!

Edited by Phantom Captain

On 1/29/2023 at 10:35 PM, danfrodo said:

dang, I should've known you were a Vox & tele guy, that explains a lot, in a good way 😀.  I am with ya on the tele.  I don't have an actual tele but two of my guitars you wouldn't know weren't teles from the sound.  AC15, mix of good & cheap pedals -- just picked up a nice keeley compression pedal.  No wah wah in your rig?  for shame, how does one get super funky w/o the wah?  I picked up a vox bobcat s66 a year ago.  Super cool vintage sound. 

Black SG.  So you have gone through an Angus Young phase, I presume?

Now I just need more dang time for CM.  All day computer simulation work fries my brain so it's hard to do more simulation ,even for fun, most nights.  Steve's new post promises lots of new stuff this year and I have only scratched the surface of all the new RT content from Satan's Most Exalted Minion, GeorgeMC.  He's killin' me!  I gotta play smarter when I play his battles.

Haha!  Well thanks!  And the Tele neck is just butter to me...  Nope, no wah!  I do also have a Boss Katana that can get really loud and do all kinds of things, wah included, but I just so much prefer that analog tube sound with the Tele.  Same reason I love the analog pedals on it too, and also on the SG.

No, no real Angus Young phase, Black Sabbath would be more apropos.  I grew up in Chicago, very much in the punk rock scene and played in it back  in the day.  Back then Gibson's were the end all be all and I absolutely loved Minor Threat and then Fugazi, of which Ian MacKaye pretty much exclusively played an SG.  I went through a couple Epiphone SGs but never could afford a real one.  Now that I'm older I can get those things occasionally so a few years back I decided to get a real American made SG and since all my old ones I used to have were red I went with black this time.  It's a honey too, honestly, and really nice when I want that humbucker sound.  I'm gonna get it re-set up again and have them put .09s on it like my Tele.  Right now it's got .10s but I really want to go a bit lighter.  Through the vox with the Rat and the Big Muff it can get heavy af.  :) 🤘👹🤘

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Phantom Captain said:

And these from the upcoming "Tiger Trail" campaign by @Mr.X

20.png

23.png

21.png

22.png

This reminds me of a Brady or Gardner picture from the US Civil War of the Louisianans, lying dead, along the Hagerstown Pike next to the Cornfield at Antietam.

24.png

25.png

2 really good sets, really painterly looking but still  'embedded' right there, right now. you do much real photojournalistc/street shooting? (can't remember if you said before).

cheers,

rob

19 hours ago, quakerparrot67 said:

2 really good sets, really painterly looking but still  'embedded' right there, right now. you do much real photojournalistc/street shooting? (can't remember if you said before).

cheers,

rob

Thanks!  CM pics do look taken from a graphic novel, honestly.  I prefer that layer of insulation though.  People complain about the graphics but anymore realistic and it might just be too much.

I do like to take pictures IRL and feel I am pretty good at it.  Never took any classes or anything but just like doing it on my own.  I consider myself an amateur Civil War historian and have taken many many pictures across the old battlefields all over Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, Tennessee, Georgia, Kentucky, etc.  It's kind of been my hobby over the past 20 years or so.

I take pictures of interesting things I see all the time though.

This was my comparison...

This was taken on Sept 19, 1862, two days after the battle of Antietam.  These are probably Starke's Louisiana soldiers along the Hagerstown turnpike.  Miller's Cornfield is just on the other side of the fence on the other side of the pike, to the right.  These soldiers were most likely killed by either Doubleday's New Yorkers or by regiments of the Iron Brigade.

1-hav-UPg6-6-Y-Whgeg-S2-Kr-Hw.webp

Now.

327856502-752743073081297-37853100147068

24.png

4 hours ago, Phantom Captain said:

This was my comparison...

This was taken on Sept 19, 1862, two days after the battle of Antietam.  These are probably Starke's Louisiana soldiers along the Hagerstown turnpike.  Miller's Cornfield is just on the other side of the fence on the other side of the pike, to the right.  These soldiers were most likely killed by either Doubleday's New Yorkers or by regiments of the Iron Brigade.

1-hav-UPg6-6-Y-Whgeg-S2-Kr-Hw.webp

Now.

327856502-752743073081297-37853100147068

24.png

i'd say you got it pretty spot-on.

cheers,

rob