Bug Tracker Thread

@thilio

I can't remember when buddy aid didnt worked in my games...

The thing is that you have to be exactly at the tile where the soldier has fallen.

And I dont mean the soldier itself,rather the symbol at his feet. ("+" for wounded and skull for dead).

I guess here is the problem for most of the mentioned difficulties.

It can happen that the physical body of a soldier is in one tile, while the "baseplate" is in a tile next to it.

Sometimes it is rather hard to see in which tile it is exactly. In those cases Id rather have more teams around to "scan" which of those is the right one. But only If I really need that equipment/ munition of the fallen (and the area cannot be seen by the enemy).

One tactic that usually works is to create a short covered arc in the direction of the WIA.  But, yes, sometimes one has to give up and send a completely different unit to do buddy aid.  The larger the unit the quicker it is resolved.

12 hours ago, Brille said:

And I dont mean the soldier itself,rather the symbol at his feet. ("+" for wounded and skull for dead).It can happen that the physical body of a soldier is in one tile, while the "baseplate" is in a tile next to it.

40 minutes ago, Erwin said:

One tactic that usually works is to create a short covered arc in the direction of the WIA.

Thank you both for this valuable advice.
I will try this next time.

On 5/13/2024 at 3:21 AM, Brille said:

The thing is that you have to be exactly at the tile where the soldier has fallen.

Indeed. My trick to getting to those hard to reach guys is to move a team next to them and then give that team a slow move to another square such that the move path goes right over top of the casualty. I'l make that order a long as needed to line things up. Then I pause in the adjacent square for 45s (if my guys are already in the next square) or shorter depending on how long I figure it will take to get there.

Then next turn I cancel the move order. Usually that is either perfect or near enough that my guys can help out the casualty.

When I do this I position the camera low and right with the aid team that way next turn I don't forget to cancel the move order. Yeah done that a few times makes buddy aid exhausting and super long - nut just for me :-).

17 minutes ago, A Canadian Cat said:

Indeed. My trick to getting to those hard to reach guys is to move a team next to them and then give that team a slow move to another square such that the move path goes right over top of the casualty. I'l make that order a long as needed to line things up. Then I pause in the adjacent square for 45s (if my guys are already in the next square) or shorter depending on how long I figure it will take to get there.

Then next turn I cancel the move order. Usually that is either perfect or near enough that my guys can help out the casualty.

When I do this I position the camera low and right with the aid team that way next turn I don't forget to cancel the move order. Yeah done that a few times makes buddy aid exhausting and super long - nut just for me :-).

My trick has always been (available forces permitting) to bring in multiple teams so that I have one team in each of the surrounding action squares in the hope that one of them is the correct action square. That usually works out eventually, but it isn't a very efficient use of manpower. Your trick is probably better overall.

On 5/13/2024 at 12:21 AM, Brille said:

("+" for wounded and skull for dead).

You're running the same mod I am which alters the bases to be more intuitive (I don't remember which mod this is, it might be part of the arrow bases mod, but I have so many that it's hard to keep track). I've been using it for so long that it's easy to forget that isn't what the vanilla bases look like. People who aren't running any mods won't be seeing a + for wounded and skull for dead. They'll just see a light red circle for wounded, and a dark red circle for dead IIRC.

1 hour ago, Centurian52 said:

You're running the same mod I am which alters the bases to be more intuitive (I don't remember which mod this is, it might be part of the arrow bases mod, but I have so many that it's hard to keep track). I've been using it for so long that it's easy to forget that isn't what the vanilla bases look like. People who aren't running any mods won't be seeing a + for wounded and skull for dead. They'll just see a light red circle for wounded, and a dark red circle for dead IIRC.

No, that's what the basic game bases look like ..

Sorry if this was already noted but the Normandy La Fiere causeway scenarios by Kandu use that angular roadway smoothing mod that causes odd and unanticipated pathing behavior, so this is not a Battlefront issue at all. My guys got slaughtered on that causeway as well because you cant tell if they actually got into cover or not. These scenarios are a great effort, but as a rule I won't ever play any scenarios that use that mod.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this a known (graphic) bug in CMRT?

flammp10.png

You may not see them, but this Flammpanzer III has tank riders on it… 😊

Apart from the graphical issue, it works perfectly (mount, dismount, transport…)…

4 hours ago, PEB14 said:

You may not see them, but this Flammpanzer III has tank riders on it

It has come up before and I reported it.  The riders somehow end up inside the tank not on it.  AFAIK it's due for a fix but obviously not just on its own, it would be part of a future patch / release if and when that might happen.

8 hours ago, Vacillator said:

It has come up before and I reported it.  The riders somehow end up inside the tank not on it.  AFAIK it's due for a fix but obviously not just on its own, it would be part of a future patch / release if and when that might happen.

I was under the impression that actually some ended below the tank... 😁

14 hours ago, PEB14 said:

Is this a known (graphic) bug in CMRT?

flammp10.png

You may not see them, but this Flammpanzer III has tank riders on it… 😊

Apart from the graphical issue, it works perfectly (mount, dismount, transport…)…

Here is the thread with some tests.

• 2 weeks later...

CM Cold War 1.07

Normally when a forward observer has requested artillery strike and the strike will happen soon, Artillery Support button in Unit Info Panel flashes when the forward observer is selected.
I assume that similar thing should happen when air support has been requested, but in this case Air Support button would be flashing.  But it is the Artillery Support icon that keeps flashing even though this forward observer has not requested any artillery.  Is this a bug?

13 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Hi Pierre, in the Editor the objective values match the list in the bottom text, not the list in the graphic.  That agrees with @benpark's explanation.

Spasiba, Comrad !

It's important, because it means that destroying enemy tanks is not the goal, but a way to achieve the real goal, which is terrain occupation!

4 minutes ago, PEB14 said:

It's important, because it means that destroying enemy tanks is not the goal, but a way to achieve the real goal, which is terrain occupation!

Ah, hang on though.  That list was for terrain objectives.  Under unit objectives I also just found destroy tanks 1000 points.

Maybe @benpark can confirm this?