How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

3 minutes ago, JonS said:

Sure, but duels aren't the /only/ crime in the modern world. There are many other things that can also land you in the big house.

If we can't agree on the fact that starting a war of aggression is a crime, it is time to light up a cigar and give myself a double shot of Malt Whiskey. The best thing the British Isles have produced.  

13 hours ago, Grigb said:

Interesting, thank you. Do you know if there is any other Pervomaisk village?

Could they stage it with a different village?P8mWQ8.png

Damn! Russian media of course is a couple of cretins, but they have penetrated now next level of the bottom. Despite geographical names havn't to translate, Sladkov just "re-named" on own manner the name of UKR village Travneve near Novoluhanske. This is not Pervomayske next to Pisky!

For western collegues - the name of village dirived from ukr. Traven' - eng/rus. May. Obviously, because this name appeared in Soviet time, it was tied with "1st of May" holiday (Rus. "Pervoye Maya") - so, this idiot just "re-name" Travneve (which enough hard to speak for Russian) according to own association - Traven' - May - "Pervoye Maya" - Pervomaisk 🤪

Edited by Haiduk

46 minutes ago, Grigb said:

To calm everybody down here is new RU anti-british song which is good in a way RU did not expect:

https://youtu.be/UKdRfvAcCxQ

Am I missing something here? The song is about how the British would not be hardcore enough for a fight in dpr but all the footage is a royal marines recruitment video (so super pro UK)? It just doesn't seem to make any sense?

Meanwhile situation near Bakhmut got worse. UKR troops retreated from the heights n south and probabbly south-east from Bakhmut. Villages Gladosove, Travneve were abanoned. The enemy reportedly already either near Vesela Dolymna village or even seized it (5-6 km SE to Bakhmut). Looks like UKR troops are withdrawing on SE directions behind small Bakhmutka river, which divides Bakhmut on two parts. 

The first bridge bridge through this river in Bakhmut was blown today, but this is light pedestrian bridge, not for the transport

Except a lack of artilelry (or ammunitions for it) UKR forces on Donetsk and Bakhmut directions also have even more bigger lack of AD assets and MANPADS. Russian aviation fells completely free in the air, so they strike, for example, Maryinka with groups of 2-4-6 jets, after which helicopters follow.  

Edited by Haiduk

49 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

Damn! Russian media of course is a couple of cretins, but they now penetrated next level of bottom. Despite geographical names havn't to translate, Sladkov just "re-named" on own manner the name of UKR village Travneve near Novoluhanske. This is not Pervomayske next to Pisky!

For western collegues - the name of village dirived from ukr. Traven' - eng/rus. May. Obviously, because this name appeared in Soviet time, it was tied with "1st of May" holiday (Rus. "Pervoye Maya") - so, this idiot just "re-name" Travneve (which enough hard to speak for Russian) according to own association - Traven' - May - "Pervoye Maya" - Pervomaisk 🤪

I’m out of likes, so I’ll just say: LOL, silly Russkies.

53 minutes ago, hcrof said:

Am I missing something here? The song is about how the British would not be hardcore enough for a fight in dpr but all the footage is a royal marines recruitment video (so super pro UK)? It just doesn't seem to make any sense?

Yes. The song is hilarious because apart from phrase hinting at Aslin sadness at trial (touching it very lightly) it portrays British as ultimate fighting machine that rolls toward RU. And RU say they are not pussies and as tough as British so lets fight and fittest will survive.

But on top of it the clip that focuses much more on British that on RU as if main characters are British marines/soldiers. And the is icing on the cake is first scene from I believe old British cartoon that evil RU bear attacks unsuspecting neighbor and British lion get his police cap and off to inflict justice on RU evil bear.

It is great honor actually - despite all the claims of fighting with Americans now you cannot fight anything like this about Americans. Still remember the pain of Crimean war.

1 hour ago, Haiduk said:

Damn! Russian media of course is a couple of cretins, but they have penetrated now next level of the bottom. Despite geographical names havn't to translate, Sladkov just "re-named" on own manner the name of UKR village Travneve near Novoluhanske. This is not Pervomayske next to Pisky!

They are Nazis pure and simple. Anything Ukrainian including language they see as Untermensch-like and hate with passion.

1 hour ago, Haiduk said:

Meanwhile situation near Bakhmut got worse. UKR troops retreated from the heights n south and probabbly south-east from Bakhmut. Villages Gladosove, Travneve were abanoned. The enemy reportedly already either near Vesela Dolymna village or even seized it (5-6 km SE to Bakhmut). Looks like UKR troops are withdrawing on SE directions behind small Bakhmutka river, which divides Bakhmut on two parts. 

The first bridge bridge through this river in Bakhmut was blown today, but this is light pedestrian bridge, not for the transport

Except a lack of artilelry (or ammunitions for it) UKR forces on Donetsk and Bakhmut directions also have even more bigger lack of AD assets and MANPADS. Russian aviation fells completely free in the air, so they strike, for example, Maryinka with groups of 2-4-6 jets, after which helicopters follow.  

Wow, wow, wow, cowboy, hold your horses! The situation is not getting worse. It might appear as such for public that does not study my maps but in reality, it is not.

• RU reached outskirts of Travneve around 2-Aug and till 4-Aug there were fighting in and around the village. On 4-Aug UKR were out of village but continued to contest the area. Right now UKR stopped contesting the village as it does not make any sense (see below) 
  • Gladosove does not seem to be an important village (there were no any significant RU attacks at all there). It was taken probably due to UKR general withdrawal from the area. 
  • Vesela Dolymna village as under RU attacks from 31-jul. There were fighting on 2-Aug and 4-Aug. Right now RU is probably capturing it due to general UKR withdrawal. 

The situation is not getting worse. It is just enemy assault is progressing. As I said on 4-aug RU main force in the North grinded through UKR forward defense and now engaging main UKR defenses of this area in outskirts of Bakhmut and Soledar (possibly  Kodema as well but I have insufficient info wether Kodema is fortified). Thats why you see UKR forces pulling forces back and blowing some bridges - they are making new forward defensive zone shifting everything behind it.

It will be like this for some time - RU pushes, UKR resisting as long as they can then withdrew. So far, I would be concerned if RU breakthrough Soledar or Kodema (boiler in Bukhmut) or Pisky-Vodyano (boiler in Advdyivka). However Pisky is still holding. Soledar is tough nut to crack (see my intro to Soledar battlefield with RU current location and UKR probable main defensive area). It leaves us only with Kodema as source of concern

If you can please tell us something about Kodema.