How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

34 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

This is not a big problem. Much more danger problem is commanders of middle level, including the batallion level, who gave orders of such "Zhukov-style" maneuvers

Yes, this reminded me of your posts that some older UA commanders cannot adapt to newer western doctrine. This had some Soviet mindset, from the little we've seen. But maybe I make a broader conclusion from a small sample of info 

4 minutes ago, Kinophile said:

Steve,  we might be wrong....

Those are Americans. Take a closer look at the soldiers around the Bradleys. Those are US Army troops. And the Bradley facing the camera is nicknamed Candy in English.

Edited by Splinty

Some examples of UKR counter battery work

Russian 2S3 SP-howitzwer became fireball near Staromlynivka village (16 км south from Velyka Novosilka)

2S9 Nona-S was destroyed by 406th arty brigade precision strike near Dnipriany town, Kherson oblast

Aftermath of 406th arty brigade strike at Russian 2A26 Giatsynt-B somewhere on left bank of Dnipro in Kherson oblast - the gun probably damaged, truck and crew are destroyed.

24 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Heh... not all that different than what I came up with in April.  Not really all that surprising.  Given the assumption of an attack in a given location, the initial paths are pretty obvious due to terrain, roads, urban obstacles, fortifications, etc.

Steve

Ofc., it's nothing new to readers here, just left it to maybe follow this guy, he has interesting perspectives but is not that popular in anglophone sphere.

GeoConfirmed seem to work hard as well in last days:

Meanwhile, Russians are throwing rockets over UA again. Human was hit by at least two missiles.

3 minutes ago, Huba said:

No comment need:

Three hours ago Russians launched several Kalibr missiles from Black Sea. Two impacts in Uman' city, Cherkasy oblast. 8 wounded. Local administration says some industrial object and сar wash were hit. Russians claim "large ammunition warehouses were destroyed" %)

АТБ on the video is a network of cheap supermarkets in Ukraine. 

‘Women will give birth to new ones’ — Russian Army on ordering Grad strike on Russian soldiers — video (yahoo.com)

"There was no support from our side. We were under enemy shells, but no one shelled them. Also, our Grad MLR fired on us. They received the order... the coordinates... They said that our guys are there but were ordered to shell anyway. And the Grad shelled our positions," the invaders whined.

The orders to shell their own troops were give by a commander with the call sign "Gyurza," they said.

"Our boys were in that position... We hadn't retreated yet when Gyurza ordered to shell this area, this square of land. They told him that our soldiers hadn't left the positions. Women will give birth to new ones, he replied. He aired it by radio so as the entire battalion could hear him. Well, the remains of the battalion..." the Russian soldier said.

The man complains that Russian troops have completely lost control over the current situation.

"We want to address people so that they know the truth about our situation. We've held our positions with all forces and by all means. But we've run out of means... There is no support, roughly speaking, no evacuation, no rationality at all. There are no command staff here. We're abandoned. We also lack communication. Just yesterday we were holding our positions without any communication, without anything. With no orders... We spent the whole night under shelling. And we didn't know what else we were supposed to do," the Russian occupiers complained.

Just now, Haiduk said:

Gas pipe.

Yup, just checked. They always look spectacular. Hoped for ammo depot or something similar of direct military value.

Curious that Sladkov writes about RAAM munitions being supposedly deployed to counter Russian counterattacks...this thing really burned their egos from Wuhledar times, and several milblogers several times heavily criticezd lack of procedures on their part as to what to do with RAAMs. We will see how they fare in offensive, can be double-edged sword.

1 hour ago, Battlefront.com said:

Well, that's what I get for giving a mass murdering fascist leader some benefit of the doubt!

That said, the video really posted out of context with current events.  So not deep fake, just another in massively long list of confused/deceptive postings.

Steve

granted for the past year especially those putin's words bear all too literal context now.

18 minutes ago, Eddy said:

They have a self-destruct time of over or under (depending on the mine type) 24 hours if that's what the concern is => Remote Anti-Armor Mine System - Wikipedia  

Yup, but timing itself + malfunctions may theoretically pose some constrains in dynamic attack. Were they ever used during broad, combined arms offensive of this scale?

Some note from M. Lachowski. Nothing new, but guy has good sources in Bakhmut so understand situation there better than South:

It Started. I am writing this with the usual slight delay in such situations. So as not to facilitate the work of those who should not be facilitated. Over the past two days, the Ukrainians have been attacking in many places across the front. Offensive operations were carried out from the area of Bakhmut to Zaporozhye. Many brigades are involved in the operation, and thus at least tens of thousands of soldiers. Mechanized battalions were used for the attacks - a lot of equipment, including tanks and infantry fighting vehicles.

In the area of Bachmut, near Kliszczeivka, they managed to take over practically all the hills above this town. The Ukrainians also moved to Berechivka. This is a direction we know a lot about. We know very little about the rest. There were strikes in the vicinity of Wołnovakha, Wuhledar, Wielka Nowosilki and Orichów. Especially the last attack towards Tokmak seems very intense. Tokmak is crucial in this area, but also heavily fortified, as is the entire Zaporozhye front. All attacks were preceded by a powerful artillery preparation. Information about the most intense Ukrainian artillery fire since the beginning of the war was coming from the occupied areas of the Zaporizhia Oblast. Western equipment was used for the attack, including Leopard tanks. One of them was definitely destroyed. We know that the Russians used air force massively in response. Both Russian planes, helicopters and artillery will inflict heavy losses on the Ukrainians. The latter, however, have modern anti-aircraft systems in the vicinity of the front, which in turn will cause losses in the aviation of the Russians. In the period preceding the operation, the Ukrainians also managed to destroy many Russian EW systems. Attacking heavily fortified positions always comes at a great cost. The Ukrainian command had to take this into account. The most important thing, however, is that we still do not know whether the Ukrainians have already started the main attack.

Let's go back to blowing up the dam for a moment. It was most likely caused by the fact that the Russians were scared of the Ukrainian offensive. They had probably been preparing for such a step for some time. It is worth noting that the Ukrainian side has introduced a tight media blockade. Everything that appears on the Internet comes from the Russians and is often propaganda. It may be so in the days to come. Especially recordings of destroyed Ukrainian equipment should not cause panic. On offensives, equipment is destroyed and the attackers take casualties. We will find out in a few days what are the main directions of the attack and how the Ukrainian offensive is developing. It is worth waiting for this time with any conclusions.

Russian army joins civilians in looting in Belgorod Oblast, locals say (yahoo.com)

“My mother was taken away by volunteers at my request,” she said.

“For which I’m very grateful! Of course, we gave the volunteers money for gasoline, they didn’t take any more, we thanked them, and it seems that everything went well with my mother. But... Before leaving, my mum asked her neighbor to look after the house in case something should happen as she (the neighbor) refused to leave.”

The neighbor later wrote that those very volunteers who were involved in the evacuation later robbed the house.

“She thought that maybe we asked them to go back and get something, so she didn’t pay much attention to it,” the daughter said.

“This morning, when she went to water the flowers, she saw that the lock on the door was broken, things were all scattered, (and) there was neither the TV set, nor microwave That’s what immediately caught her eye. Well, tell me, what’s going on, how can you profit from someone else’s grief?! How is this possible? We called the police, they said, come and write a statement. It’s a shame! Not only that we were robbed, but we have a mess with this statement. I don’t even know what to do. It’s difficult and scary to go there, and I don’t know what to do.”

Only question- did they steal her washing machine?  You know the one she got that was stolen from Ukraine.

1 hour ago, Haiduk said:

Three hours ago Russians launched several Kalibr missiles from Black Sea. Two impacts in Uman' city, Cherkasy oblast. 8 wounded. Local administration says some industrial object and сar wash were hit. Russians claim "large ammunition warehouses were destroyed" %)

АТБ on the video is a network of cheap supermarkets in Ukraine. 

Doesn't look like a car wash to me.