How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

This right here, by presidential advisor Podolyak, is the core problem of the EU & especially the German position. They never expected Ukraine could fight the Russian army to a standstill. Now they have to adapt to a policy that will lead to Russia decisively losing the war. Considering past Germany policy towards Russia, that would have been completely inconceivable a few weeks ago.

JjATevo.png

28 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

This right here, by presidential advisor Podolyak, is the core problem of the EU & especially the German position. They never expected Ukraine could fight the Russian army to a standstill. Now they have to adapt to a policy that will lead to Russia decisively losing the war. Considering past Germany policy towards Russia, that would have been completely inconceivable a few weeks ago.

JjATevo.png

I think Scholz has showed a lot of character by deciding to re-arm the Bundeswehr and supply the Ukrainians with arms. Few countries have so much to lose in this as Germany has, so I understand his position.

Just read that Germany plans to deliver Leopard 1 tanks to Ukraine. 

Edited by Aragorn2002

6 minutes ago, panzermartin said:

Don't know if this has been posted. What exactly is going on here? A tank slowly approaching the checkpoint and opening fire. Could be Russians as well I can't really tell. Or fake? 

When both side are driving more or less identical vehicles, or in not a small number of cases vehicles have actually changed sides ,something like this was bound to happen. Absolutely tragic, but war is, we must never forget that Putin started this one for as bad a set of reasons as any in human history.

10 minutes ago, panzermartin said:
Don't know if this has been posted. What exactly is going on here? A tank slowly approaching the checkpoint and opening fire. Could be Russians as well I can't really tell. Or fake? 

There's another video that shows the bodies of the soldiers after they were killed there, and they're definitely Ukrainian. Maybe the tank didn't have a tactical symbol and they assumed it was already taken over by Ukraine.

27 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

There's another video that shows the bodies of the soldiers after they were killed there, and they're definitely Ukrainian. Maybe the tank didn't have a tactical symbol and they assumed it was already taken over by Ukraine.

I wonder about that sometimes. All these uniforms look the same too. It must be very confusing in combat. 

Edited by Aragorn2002

37 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Unsure if we are talking about the same video but the one I saw on pro rus channels only showed 4 heavily damaged bodies there

Edited by Kraft

38 minutes ago, dan/california said:

When both side are driving more or less identical vehicles, or in not a small number of cases vehicles have actually changed sides ,something like this was bound to happen. Absolutely tragic, but war is, we must never forget that Putin started this one for as bad a set of reasons as any in human history.

What makes that video look even nastier to me is how close it was. We've all taken shots that close in Combat Mission but to see what it looks like in real life is haunting.

30 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I wonder about that sometimes. All these uniforms look the same too. It must be very confusing in combat. 

That kind of confusion must be rampant, even in the most professional armies. 

Reminds me of my very first combat training, 1986. Up ahead out of sight, the front of our infantry column gets ambushed in the woods. The rest of us on alert in all directions, see some soldiers running through the woods. Me excitedly plinking away them (using blanks) until my CPL smacks me on the helmet. "Those are you're guys, idiot!"

Reports are coming through that Russian forces have used a nerve agent in Mariupol.

No evidence provided as of yet but if it is true then we should see proof soon, the new rus commander has a history of using nerve agents in urban areas

Edited by Kraft

1 hour ago, dan/california said:

Still its insane to see this happen. And how the Russians drove a single tank there, or was it a longer column we don't see. Or perhaps got lost and found out these were UKR troops uppon approaching?

8 minutes ago, DesertFox said:

Nothing will happen which will threaten the german economy, that is my prognosis.

I'm starting to get pretty fed up with German governments. Demanding enormous sacrifices from the countries of southern Europe 10 years ago, "because we hadn't done our homework" but now, when it is Germany the one who hasn't done its homework by selling it out to Russian gas, they don't do the same as they asked us. 

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

I'm starting to get pretty fed up with German governments. Demanding enormous sacrifices from the countries of southern Europe 10 years ago, "because we hadn't done our homework" but now, when it is Germany the one who hasn't done its homework by selling it out to Russian gas, they don't do the same as they asked us. 

Wait a few days and the stance of the Chancellor Schulz will topple as he has toppled with his decision not to deliver weapons 4 weeks ago. The pressure on him externally from within the EU and internally from within his coalition isn´t high enough yet.

1 hour ago, panzermartin said:

Tragic friendly fire, alas. Reportedly our crew in captured T-72B3 spotted Russain BMP with V-marking aside the road and mistook our troops for Russians, trying to recober this IFV. Judging on the video with bodies, at least one killed soldier was in light color camo, similar to Russian VDV uniform 

If true, this could be the Russian version of "boiling the frog". 

Dropping nerve agents in the middle of Kyiv on civilians would obviously get a response. 

Doing it in what's left of Mariupol, on the rather dubious Azov, in a fight that Russia has essentially won already (so it's not going to materially affect the outcome), in circumstances where outside verification is impossible? This is Russia saying "are you willing to risk Armageddon over this?"

15 minutes ago, TheVulture said:

This is Russia saying "are you willing to risk Armageddon over this?"

I am not the collective mind of european leaders but if it were up to me little multicam men would be voluntarily launching Ukraines newly found arsenal of cruise missiles into every command tent being set up by the russians🙂

Would they be willing to risk armageddon over a slight increase in the rate of generals being lost in this special operation?

Edited by Kraft

There will be no real  "response"  to Russian Chemical attacks on Ukrainian Cities already in Ruins . Just more  Moaning and crying about Human rights and dignity and how bad the Russians are from the same assortment of talking heads . A real response would be destroying all Russian Airfields in the vicinity of the Ukrainian Border in a massed Cruise missile attack  - Just to get Putin's attention and then instituting a no fly zone over all of Ukraine

The answer should be 'Yes'.  Or the neverending threats from Russia with WMD will begin. 

"Stop supplying Ukraine or else.!"

"Remove all sanctions or else!"   On and on.

If it is going to be WW3, get on with it then.  I have had %$^&* enough of threats.