Unable to Fire Main Gun on Tank

I am playing the Allies in the Brummbar scenario and I have not been able to fire the main weapon on one of my Shermans.  It continues to only fire it's machine gun.  None of the crew are wounded or killed.  When I click on C the red target option is still there and I have been clicking on it.  In the past when I haven't been able to fire the main gun on a tank, the red target was greyed out.    Any suggestions as to what may be going on as I've never experienced this before.  Thanks.

As I indicated, all five crew members are fine including the gunner and loader.  In past scenarios, when the main gun was damaged the Target option after clicking C was greyed out.  In this instance it is not so I could aim after clicking Target. There is a LOS and I even targeted a building but it still only fired it's machine gun, i.e. Target Light.  Anyway, very strange, and something I have not seen before.

I am running Windows 10 and when I held down the Windows key and the PrtScn keys which is the usual way to take screenshots, I ended up with the attached screenshot.  58846459_Screenshot(674).thumb.png.368776866547a99a93ec1d4b7367b156.png

Or if you are running Nvidia graphics press Alt-F1 and then find the save folder (mine is in Videos for some reason).  And then transfer to Imgur (or similar) and post the direct link on the forum.

I agree the standard PrintScreen ist Kaputt.

As for the mission, I played as Germans and it was a lot of fun, despite the annoying (but sometimes helpful 😮) Allied air support.

I am using Windows 10 Pro and when I am within CM I can use the print screen key just fine. Set up your screen for the shot and just press the Prt SC key and then Win key or ctrl+Alt+Tab out to paste the screen shot in Photoshop, Paint or whatever. Always works. Not sure why other people have issues with it?

Edited by Blazing 88's

12 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Best bet for screenshots in CM is FRAPS:

https://fraps.com/

Then set yopurself up with an image hosting site like Imgur:

https://imgur.com/

FRAPS is outdated and unmaintained and shouldn't be used anymore. The best option is to use the bundled software that come with your GPU drivers either from Nvidia or AMD depending on your card. Either this or the feature to record thats built into windows 10.

No need to use 3rd party apps anymore anyway.

Also imgur is a bad choice, https://imgbb.com/https://imageshack.com/https://imgshare.io/ are all much better.

Edited by Bufo

11 hours ago, Blazing 88's said:

Set up your screen for the shot and just press the Prt SC key and then Win key or ctrl+Alt+Tab out to paste the screen shot in Photoshop, Paint or whatever. Always works. Not sure why other people have issues with it?

My issue is that it doesn't work.  Doing what you describe always results in a shot of whichever CM loading screen, not the shot I wanted from the game.  Using Nvidia capture works.

10 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

My issue is that it doesn't work.  Doing what you describe always results in a shot of whichever CM loading screen, not the shot I wanted from the game.  Using Nvidia capture works.

And for me I get a beautiful screen capture of the CM battlefield NOT the main screen. You guys got some setup in Windows porked or something. Not that is matters as you are using Nvidia capture. I am just pointing out that the old Prt Sc key works just fine for this user of Windows 10 Pro.

17 hours ago, Blazing 88's said:

And for me I get a beautiful screen capture of the CM battlefield NOT the main screen. You guys got some setup in Windows porked or something. Not that is matters as you are using Nvidia capture. I am just pointing out that the old Prt Sc key works just fine for this user of Windows 10 Pro.

Same thing here, holding the Windows Key along with PrtScn gets me a screenshot of the main screen, so the same as Vacillator.  I am running Windows 10 and not Windows 10 Pro so that must be the difference.

I know it is something to do with the programming in CM because with all my other games I can use the same procedure and get the correct screenshot.

16 hours ago, CanuckGamer said:

Same thing here, holding the Windows Key along with PrtScn gets me a screenshot of the main screen, so the same as Vacillator.  I am running Windows 10 and not Windows 10 Pro so that must be the difference.

I know it is something to do with the programming in CM because with all my other games I can use the same procedure and get the correct screenshot.

Let me guess: you have an AMD graphics card.

On 10/14/2021 at 7:47 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Best bet for screenshots in CM is FRAPS

Or the picture editing program Irfan View. Go to settings, choose one of the options, don't remember which one, in the window that opens up you choose to take screenshots and then use the F11 key, or CTRL and F11 keys, for screenshots.

Edited by BornGinger

On 10/13/2021 at 12:18 AM, CanuckGamer said:

I am playing the Allies in the Brummbar scenario and I have not been able to fire the main weapon on one of my Shermans.  It continues to only fire it's machine gun.  None of the crew are wounded or killed.  When I click on C the red target option is still there and I have been clicking on it.  In the past when I haven't been able to fire the main gun on a tank, the red target was greyed out.    Any suggestions as to what may be going on as I've never experienced this before.  Thanks.

Go to the damage tab on the bottom (where the ammunition tab is). See whether "75mm main" is damaged. It can be out (red dot) without wounded crew members.