TSD III, TPG II & The CM Mod Warehouse Update area.

Thank you Bootie.  People don't realize how much work is involved if each mod takes "x" seconds/minutes to deal with, one can calculate how much time it takes to deal with thousands of mods.  (It took me long enuff to compile and send you all my collection.)

19 hours ago, domfluff said:

Ian's NATO mod uses NATO symbols for both sides.

Ian's Soviet icon mod uses Soviet symbols for both sides.

the combined mod uses NATO symbols for the US, and Soviet symbols for the Soviets.

Correct. Pick the combo you want and go with it. I investigated other ways of packaging it but given the shared icons this is the only way to get the look right.

I have been playing a lot of small red on red and blue on blue battles over at The Few Good Men site and I noticed that my previous icon mods were falling a bit flat because one side got cool icons and the other side did not. So, when creating the new CMCW icons I did things differently. Each mod contains a full set of red and blue icons for all armies in the game. That means having several versions to allow for the various combinations that someone might want to play.

That was easy-ish because I already had red and blue NATO icons and Red Soviet icons. So, theoretically all I needed was a few icons and some scripting (to do the required renaming - I don't do editing the same icon multiple times). It turned into a larger job though because it turns out that the diamond enemy unit shapes for NATO were introduced after this period so I did have to create new red versions. Plus, my Soviet icons had somethings that were appropriate for WW2 but not for modern and some stuff that I think was just not correct. It turned into a bigger project than I expected.

I'm tired of the fiddly icon work so this will be it for now but someday I'll likely revisit my other mods. Maybe. I could start with repackaging the modern icons more in line with this method.

On 5/13/2021 at 9:17 PM, kohlenklau said:

Just nudging you a bit....

When can we expect "scenario author instructions" for how to register, set a  password and upload the scenarios with a nice image and some brief description?

Thanks!

Here you go sir.... the site has had a bit of a spring clean and there are now instructions for uploading from the top menu.  Cheers.

Shane

Capture.thumb.JPG.68d4172aa7c4c6551235302c1fe92e8c.JPG

FYI folks, as @Bootie noted, I just posted my scenarios to The Few Good Men site. I have to say, it really was an easy process. I got everything together that I wanted (my file, zipped, and the image for it - same as you see on my site) first, then then for the first one I simply followed the instructions on the site (posted above) to the "t". They are well laid out and there's only really about 4 main steps, and that's it. After the first one, I was able to do the rest without referencing the instructions and all went tickety-boo (is that really an expression 🥴??). If anyone is into building scenarios and aren't too sure about giving this site a try, I do highly recommend it in terms of ease and exposure. It's a pretty good service and I've gone there for a few scenarios before. Might be worth a look, and man, if you can build a scenario and program the AI for it, this part is a no-brainer :D .

Just doing a clean up now ensuring all 600+ files have the correct prefix on The Scenario Depot and ensuring file attachments are correct after finding a few with no files etc.

The process is very easy so if you have a scenario to upload just follow to the word the instructions.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Bootie said:

Just doing a clean up now ensuring all 600+ files have the correct prefix on The Scenario Depot and ensuring file attachments are correct after finding a few with no files etc.

The process is very easy so if you have a scenario to upload just follow to the word the instructions.

Thanks

Yeh, seems like there's a number of the scenarios (eg. Huzzar! redux, Heurtgen Wald Hump and more) that don't have any download links 

Current status is everything on The Scenario Depot published post February 2017 has been cleaned up and refreshed with new links and titles.  

Massive job but getting there... all files should be back in the next couple of days.   

1 minute ago, Bootie said:

Current status is everything on The Scenario Depot published post February 2017 has been cleaned up and refreshed with new links and titles.  

Massive job but getting there... all files should be back in the next couple of days.   

A huge thank you sir! An above-n-beyond job!

3 hours ago, Bootie said:

Hi folks, this morning Ithikial has created an update to his CM Career Tracker.  Fid it at the link below.  An absolute must have for stat nerds.  :)

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/uncategorized/ithikials-combat-mission-career-record-system-ww2-and-modern-era/

Thanks @Ithikial_AU .. much appreciated. 😊