TSD III, TPG II & The CM Mod Warehouse Update area.

17 hours ago, Bootie said:

I can and would appreciate some understanding of the situation before commenting that 'I have destroyed the community or calling for me to be assassinated'.  A lot of people have been giving their opinion without offering a solution.

Well they can just keep their opinions to them selves. I am reminded of a developer I once knew who responded to his manager trying to book a performance review "unless there is money in it for me you can keep your damn opinions to your self" - yes he was a grumpy guy but we loved him :D

17 hours ago, Bootie said:

would rather hide behind a keyboard firing insults at me

Anyone doing this can just **** off.

@Bootie is a great supporter of this community. He has helped me (and countless others) many, many times. I am amazed at how well he does at keeping himself accessible.

@Bootie Hey man, sorry to hear about the grief you've gotten from some quarters. You've done a bang up job, particularly for someone like me, playing catch up, having only just recently purchased RT, etc. So, thank you, and thanks for working on all those missing links!

On 12/16/2021 at 10:32 PM, Bootie said:

Battlefront decided to discontinue the BF Repository...

GreenAsJade offered to host the mods/scenarios on CMMOD's...

GaJ, myself and a team of volunteers transferred thousands of files across from the Repository before it was closed...

GaJ stopped maintaining CMMOD's and I did my best to carry on the work we started but without direct ownership I did what I could...

This makes a LOT more sense than the original story certainly as I originally understood it... that, although BFC had closed the repository, nothing had been deleted & it was all being transferred in good order & that any & all delays were only being caused by a website update.

I knew that story made no sense when people started sending hard drives in the mail to each other (effectively proving the old repository had been deleted).

Personally, I think BFC are responsible for the old repository & it sounds like they just ended up dumping the archiving of it on you with minimal support... bad form on their part.

I thank you, other archivers & people like @Erwin for doing the community a great service.

Edited by 37mm

5 hours ago, 37mm said:

Personally, I think BFC are responsible for the old repository & it sounds like they just ended up dumping the archiving of it on you with minimal support... bad form on their part.

Thank you 37mm.  One of the challenges of the massive amount of older mods is that as the games were updated, many of the older mods (eg: uniforms etc) no longer work.  Or, they need renaming.  Because of the huge quantity pf content (close to half a TB) it would be a full-time job to test all the older mods to see a) if they still work, and b) rename as needed (and then test again).  For those of us who have massive mod folders, the other issue is that many mods may conflict with each other.  Again, it usually takes a lot of time to diagnose conflicts.

In some ways the newcomers to the game are luckier and they are able to start with the latest mods (and be confident that they all work), then work backwards and install desired older mods while checking each one.

Just want to add another thanks for @Bootiefor all the work. And to anyone who wants to criticize, two things that was drilled into me as a young LT in the Army:

1) If you are going to criticize a plan or an operation, you'd better also in the next breath put forward a viable alternative. 

2) When putting forward that viable alternative, the response from a senior officer is likely to be "That's an OUTSTANDING idea, lieutenent. You're in charge. I'd like a plan of action from you in the morning"

🙂

Happy Christmas Eve everyone. And for a little of that winter spirit, our first snowfall of the season here on the Rhode Island coast. (not terribly scenic but it was dark walking the dogs and I had to point toward lights to get the snow to show up).

Dave

IMG_1502.jpeg

4 hours ago, Ultradave said:

1) If you are going to criticize a plan or an operation, you'd better also in the next breath put forward a viable alternative. 

2) When putting forward that viable alternative, the response from a senior officer is likely to be "That's an OUTSTANDING idea, lieutenent. You're in charge. I'd like a plan of action from you in the morning"

Amen and amen!

4 hours ago, Ultradave said:

Happy Christmas Eve everyone. And for a little of that winter spirit, our first snowfall of the season here on the Rhode Island coast. (not terribly scenic but it was dark walking the dogs and I had to point toward lights to get the snow to show up).

Dave

Thank you Dave, for a nice touch for those of us stuck on the Gulf Coast with nothing like real, Christmas Wx! Merry Christmas to all!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Debotime12 said:

Is the few good men and the  mod warehouse down right now have not been able to reach it in two days

Forum, Scenario depot and mod warehouse all good for me. This is the link I am using: https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/

https://isitup.org Can help you find out if just you are experiencing a problem or if everyone is.

Got this from my hosting company.  Sorry folks... will post in here when up and running again.

Under Investigation: Web Hosting Features

A DDOS attack is currently causing a loss of traffic on the webservers 77.68.64.10 to 77.68.64.19. Websites on these servers will be slow or unresponsive.

We are working on mitigating this attack, bringing affected websites back online as soon as possible and will update this page as soon as any further information becomes available.

This issue is presently under investigation.

11 minutes ago, Bootie said:

Got this from my hosting company.  Sorry folks... will post in here when up and running again.

Under Investigation: Web Hosting Features

A DDOS attack is currently causing a loss of traffic on the webservers 77.68.64.10 to 77.68.64.19. Websites on these servers will be slow or unresponsive.

We are working on mitigating this attack, bringing affected websites back online as soon as possible and will update this page as soon as any further information becomes available.

This issue is presently under investigation.

The website was up for me, but I noticed there was an old (expired 2019) selfsigned certificate in place. Supposedly issued by fasthosts, could very well be but no way to be sure.