Hello guys,

I like the new game close combat final blitzkrieg and I play the demo at the moment (I would like biz in a couple of days :) )

A lot of ideas works very well and the realism is very great. But this game has a big disappointed, where is the fuel?

I drive with the tank squad and I see a lot of stats but the fuel is missing. :(

You guys implementation the fuel in future or we can mod it?

Thank you

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Front_Mg42 said:

Hello guys,

I like the new game close combat final blitzkrieg and I play the demo at the moment (I would like biz in a couple of days :) )

A lot of ideas works very well and the realism is very great. But this game has a big disappointed, where is the fuel?

I drive with the tank squad and I see a lot of stats but the fuel is missing. :(

Thank you

Fuel would only really be relevant at the operational level. Fairly unlikely that a tank runs out of gas in the middle of a fight. 

Front_MG,

Don't listen to these guys, and you can simulate Fuel...You just have to 'Edit' or 'Mod' a Scenario to have your Vehicle 'Immobilized' to simulate Low or No Fuel :-)

Joe

Edited by JoMc67

3 minutes ago, JoMc67 said:

Front_MG,

Don't listen to these guys, and you can simulate Shortage of Fuel...You just have to 'Edit' a Scenario to have your Vehicle 'Immobilized' to simulate Low or No Fuel :-)

Joe

I'm not sure if scenario editor works in demo version. ;)

The game is mostly hard coded to avoid cheating. The appearance of things can be modded as skins are accessible and a few other unit variables via the scenario editor in the full game. Another way of depicting running out fuel in game would be using special keyboard combo Ctrl+Shift+Escape (PC) or Command-Option-Esc (mac) or simply pulling out the power cord...

4 hours ago, Front_Mg42 said:

Wow JoMC!  tell me, I can mod the unit or the scenario? and it is hard or edit lines in a text file?

Yes, once you purchase the game, you can 'Edit' the Scenario via Game Editor...Sorry thou, you can't do this editing the Text File ;)

4 hours ago, Wicky said:

The game is mostly hard coded to avoid cheating. The appearance of things can be modded as skins are accessible and a few other unit variables via the scenario editor in the full game. Another way of depicting running out fuel in game would be using special keyboard combo Ctrl+Shift+Escape (PC) or Command-Option-Esc (mac) or simply pulling out the power cord...

Yes, as Wicky mentioned, you can also pull the Power Cord on your Laptop so that you only have Battery Backup to run your Scenario...This will represent running low of fuel :-)

Kidding aside the game does not support any real modding (there is no changing the behaviour and properties of units in the game).  It only supports skinning (there is changing of the way units and the UI look). We are a confusing bunch because we use the term modding all over this forum we it really means skinning.

@JoMc67's suggestion of using immobilization to simulate fuel may have been tongue in cheek or not but it does not really do what I expect you want which is to have a limited amount of movement available vehicles.  Setting a vehicle to immobile will mean it cannot move for the duration of the scenario.  So you can simulate a unit that has already run out of fuel but you cannot simulate vehicles running out during the scenario.

8 hours ago, Front_Mg42 said:

Hello guys,

Thank you

For me that sounds like another one of those "gamey" requirements.

Like "re-manning", but that's another post.

A Tiger had a cross country reach of about 60k's. The length of a CM battlefield is what? 2k's max. How likely is that your tank would run out of fuel?

My only reference: I am driving cars since 38 years and never ran out of fuel.

But indeed, if you want stationary tanks, you can have them via the Scenario Editor.

3 minutes ago, StieliAlpha said:

A Tiger had a cross country reach of about 60k's. The length of a CM battlefield is what? 2k's max. How likely is that your tank would run out of fuel?

I have managed to run out of petrol twice in my 30+ years of driving.  Once when I was trying to break my personal record for distance travelled on one tank (yeah I know, I'm a dummy - I was on my way to the filling station and only had to walk two or three blocks).  The other time was after finding out my wife was pregnant and I was not paying much attention to anything (yeah I know big dummy).

1 minute ago, IanL said:

I have managed to run out of petrol twice in my 30+ years of driving.  Once when I was trying to break my personal record for distance travelled on one tank (yeah I know, I'm a dummy - I was on my way to the filling station and only had to walk two or three blocks).  The other time was after finding out my wife was pregnant and I was not paying much attention to anything (yeah I know big dummy).

Yeah, those are extremes. Can happen, but should not and without statistic significance.

To prove, that I really know under what sort of stress you were: I managed to provoke an accident with a bus in a round-about. Two hours before my wedding. ?

How many tank commanders would ignore their driver and risk stalling due to fuel starvation in the midst of combat? Unit commanders would ensure only vehicles with sufficient fuel would be available. Others would be left behind.

(I only ever ran out once. Used to hover near empty despite my father's warnings. 16 and poor... Finally pushed it too far. Ran out 5 miles from home. Used a phone in a nearby house, back in the old days, and called home. Dad answered. He told me to have a nice walk home. Had to walk home, hop on my bike while holding an empty 5 gallon gas jug, pedal 7 miles to a gas station, then go 2 miles with a heavy, filled, jug while pedaling, to recover the vehicle. Never let it get near empty again... Still don't know why he didn't get out of his chair and just give me a ride in his car.... :). )

30 minutes ago, c3k said:

How many tank commanders would ignore their driver and risk stalling due to fuel starvation in the midst of combat? Unit commanders would ensure only vehicles with sufficient fuel would be available. Others would be left behind.

(I only ever ran out once. Used to hover near empty despite my father's warnings. 16 and poor... Finally pushed it too far. Ran out 5 miles from home. Used a phone in a nearby house, back in the old days, and called home. Dad answered. He told me to have a nice walk home. Had to walk home, hop on my bike while holding an empty 5 gallon gas jug, pedal 7 miles to a gas station, then go 2 miles with a heavy, filled, jug while pedaling, to recover the vehicle. Never let it get near empty again... Still don't know why he didn't get out of his chair and just give me a ride in his car.... :). )

He was out of gas, he waited for you to get home and siphoned enough from your tank to make it to the station.

2 hours ago, StieliAlpha said:

I managed to provoke an accident with a bus in a round-about. Two hours before my wedding. ?

Oh man that does suck.  Driving while giddy :)

1 hour ago, c3k said:

Still don't know why he didn't get out of his chair and just give me a ride in his car.... :).

I'd say you did not learn your lesson but since you never let it happen again I suspect you actually did.

50 minutes ago, sburke said:

He was out of gas, he waited for you to get home and siphoned enough from your tank to make it to the station.

LOL brilliant.

12 minutes ago, IanL said:

Oh man that does suck.  Driving while giddy

Well, this huge bus came from the other side of the round-about and suddenly it was there. No chance, that I could have seen it. ?

Eh, not quite sure about the current status: is the fuel discussion settled?

7 hours ago, StieliAlpha said:

Eh, not quite sure about the current status: is the fuel discussion settled?

I think so.

Re running out of gas, I only ever did so once in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, in the middle of the night. Fortunately I always carried a spare gallon in a can to meet such emergencies, so I quickly got going again and I was able to find an open station before I ran out again. Ah, to be young and adventurous again!

:)

Michael

somewhat fuel related story

Back in 1983 I had tickets for dead show, but my car was broke down.  My Dad offered his and away me and a buddy went.  Next morning I hear my Dad at the top of his lungs Sttteeeevvveeeen!  Not a good sound first thing AM.  Walk into the garage , he looks at me as he is fueling the car (we had a tank in the garage) - "why the hell does the car have 300 miles on it?  I looked at him kind of confused and said "we went to the concert."  He pauses.... where was the concert?  Binghamton NY. (we lived outsider Phila)  Another pause....longer than the first....the look on his face was priceless as he realized he'd never asked.  To his credit he let it go at that.  He never offered his car again.

Front_Mg42,

Welcome aboard!

Fair question. The answers you've been given are correct, the Immobilization in mud = fuel ran out and anecdotes involving cars are great, but I'd be interested in hearing from the motorized and tracked side of those with real world experience. Themes I've seen repeated many times in my decades of reading about armored warfare talk about unexpectedly heavy fuel consumption because of, for example, bad terrain, air attack, unexpected enemy resistance. Units in exploitation frequently ran out of gas, ending the advance there. You can also read in accounts from the Western Desert of tanks pulling out of battle to remunition and refuel. If you read some of the Battle of Moscow accounts, the Germans were so fuel starved at times that moving a single single company (a CM scale event)  a short distance was an agonizing decision with huge higher level implications. With vehicles gasping and wheezing from the terrible thrashing to get to Moscow's outskirts, mileage was also unpredictable.

Regards,

John Kettler