Rundstedt Sends His Best - a CMFB Comic AAR

Fun fact, Chafee not only fires the same ammo as 75mm gun Sherman but the gun tube's even the same caliber length!  :D

Too bad it's not a 76mm! But when you think about it, for a recon tank it's pretty well armed. I've always liked the German Lynx, but that has a 20mm. A Chaffee, under reasonable circumstances, can kill a tank, the Lynx needs a miracle.

That was quite an explosion, is that monster knocked out? 

That is the question I'm asking too... It backed away so the engine and crew are still ok. But this was showing Hit Text as "Weapon Hit." Dare I hope that its gun is toast? That's one of the fun bits about Combat Mission: you most times don't know what the enemy is going through. 

Edited by Bud_B
Grammar

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Maybe the gun is toast, but even so it will still be a huge, armored, semi-mobile machinegun bunker.

My thinking exactly. I don't know how thick that muzzle is but it looks massive, so I'm assuming that I may have done little more than dent it. :( I did get an "ouch" via email from Ian when I hit it. 

Even just as a mobile pillbox it's dangerous as it can massacre my infantry. 

What is piquing my interest here is that I haven't seen any other tanks, just halftracks. I have some armour contacts but they might be the location of the SturmTiger when it pulls back to reload. Unless he has a boatload of infantry there have to be more tanks. 

@ Bud_B,
This CAAR is a delightful read!  Thank you for your time and efforts putting it together and pulling it off.  At 8 hours a panel, when do you find time to actually play the game?
Please know that your wife remains in my prayers.  May this Christmas at home together be the first of many full remission holidays for you both yet to come!  All the very best to you and yours.

@ Bud_B,
This CAAR is a delightful read!  Thank you for your time and efforts putting it together and pulling it off.  At 8 hours a panel, when do you find time to actually play the game?
Please know that your wife remains in my prayers.  May this Christmas at home together be the first of many full remission holidays for you both yet to come!  All the very best to you and yours.

Thank you for your support. I always pass on these well wishes to my wife, we're both touched at the compassion we see. My best to you as well, I hope you have a great holiday season.

You made me look back to see if I really overstated the time involved in doing these comics. I found the post and was relieved, I didn't exaggerate, it's 8 hours for 3 panels, on average. Still time consuming but not as bad as what it looked like when I read your post! :D

What is piquing my interest here is that I haven't seen any other tanks, just halftracks. I have some armour contacts but they might be the location of the SturmTiger when it pulls back to reload. Unless he has a boatload of infantry there have to be more tanks. 

Is it known how many points a Sturmtiger costs? How much points did Ian have available? 

Bud,

Wow, what a crazy turn of events.  :o  Considering that the freaking gun muzzle takes up almost the upper half of the chassis, a hit there wouldn't be out of the question.  But, you are talking about a shaken crew who just had their tank commander drop back into the interior, blood spurting out of his wounds, and they still get off a bulls eye shot on a freaking behemoth.  Love it.

Heinrich505

Is it known how many points a Sturmtiger costs? How much points did Ian have available? 

I don't know exactly. The price-prohibitiveness is more in rarity, I believe, but we ignored that for the sake of him being able to procure that damned tank. ;)

By my estimate he could have a company of PanzerGrenadiers & Half tracks, plus 3-4 tanks including the SturmTiger. 

That's what worries me...

Edited by Bud_B

Bud,

Wow, what a crazy turn of events.  :o  Considering that the freaking gun muzzle takes up almost the upper half of the chassis, a hit there wouldn't be out of the question.  But, you are talking about a shaken crew who just had their tank commander drop back into the interior, blood spurting out of his wounds, and they still get off a bulls eye shot on a freaking behemoth.  Love it.

Heinrich505

I know glad you liked the blood-mist, Heinrich! :D Yeah, the gunner on the Chaffee is a real die hard. I wish the snow wasnt so deep (it's deeper than in Bil-Banman's battle) or I'd charge that little tank up the hill. I ran tests and the chance of bogging and immobilization is significant. Seriously...