Why did CMFI get less love from community?

When i take a look at community created content, it seems that CMFI got lowest amount of love from community. Even CMRT, more recent title, has higher amount of community created content. I've seen many comments that people love CMFI for its difference in terrain compared to that in CMBN, but CMBN is a "king" in respect to the amount of community content. Why so?

Edited by alwaysfish

I have noticed the same thing.  I have both FI & BN and enjoy FI the most for the terrain.  I do like the snow though which actually was one of the main reasons I got it but after experiencing the terrain that overrides the snow feature now.  

Next though I have to try RT.  Would like to play the German and experience all their neat armor for a change.  Sherman's suck.   :D

Its a great time frame also as to being different as to what is available for the armies.

But its just a period and location that will not attract the masses.

But I think it has a large amount of great battles that are available to play, but is sad it does not get the added support like some of the other games.

I've long thought that CMFI might actually be the strongest of all of them - Shermans are comparatively heavier tanks, armoured cars are actually reasonably well protected, etc. - there's an awful lot to like about it.

Still, CMBN is the WW2 of the movies, and the Eastern front is traditional wargame fare (as well as the Bulge). The modern games are the less trodden path, so they have novelty on their side... so CMFI is really the odd one out.

Damn it, kohlenklau. We're trying to have a serious conversation here and all you keep doing is call up a picture of some really cute and cuddly and innocent and adorable and furry - but not the long-haired Persian furry that gets matted and then you have to take a freaking blow-torch to it in order to make the thing less matted - kitty kat.

Cats are ok. I befriended a nice black one. Now he scratches on my front door and poops in front of it. Just waiting for a dead rat or bird to be left.

Some of the italy battles are brutal-even against the AI. I think Kwi Soldiers has a reputation as being very difficult to win against the AI. I haven't tried the one where US infantry attacks Monte Cassino, but if its well designed should be a bloodbath.

Overall Italy was considered a tougher fight for the US than Europe.

Overall I like Market Garden the Best. Italy is a lot of fun and I like it a lot. I had CMBN when Italy came out and I wan't interested, but once I got around to buying it, it really grew on me.

I love the maps and as I mentioned in the Black Sea forum would love to see the Italy WW2 maps moved to Black Sea. Some of the maps I've seen and played would make for some helacious modern Black Sea fights.

Edited by db_zero

i will say the module for FI is probably the biggest most game changing of all modules to date. to be honest i think RT at this point has been pretty badly neglected this far along. and i love the churchill mark 1. my god id buy them in late 44 NWE if i could ;)

So to respond to the OP BFC certainly hasnt neglected FI though perhaps the community has more so. BN Id say is almost certainly also king for user content simply because besides SF its the title thats been out longest.

Edited by Sublime

Hang on there, kohlenklau. Now you want to bring up birds? Which one is it?

Gentlemen, can we please get back to talking about cats?

Cats are ok. I befriended a nice black one. Now he scratches on my front door and poops in front of it. Just waiting for a dead rat or bird to be left.

Careful, DBZ. You wouldn't want to be flagged for racist commentary.

Edited by BLSTK