When should BFC start to develop a CMx3 engine ?

When should BFC start to develop a CMx3 engine  

54 members have voted

1. 1. When should BFC start to develop a CMx3 engine

• Right after they finish the Bulge game
    • Let them finish Bulge and Modules for CMRT and CMBS first
    • They can use the CMx2 engine as long as they like, its fine for me
    • I doubt there will ever be a CMx3 engine...
    • I think they should have started long ago and we should already have CMx3 by now !

That was a joke...26 years old and active infantryman.Ha, and if you wonder why i have so much time currently to post here...i got injured (knee) during a exercise last week. :D

first of all since CMAK isnt old breed. Old breed is Cmbo beta. like where i started. in Ww2 Wehrmacht terms Ive been there since Poland and you came in around just before Kursk.

If you really are an infantryman hopefully Germany will invade Russia again. Then we wont have to listen to you complain about CM, your squaddies can hear you complain about lugging ammo.

ok fair enough

then battlefront truly believes that 25 or 15 fps (on bigger maps,on the pcs they suggest) is the norm

Another thing you say, nice to see that you tend to infer information only you compute out of system requirements of a software + you speak for other people of a software producting company.

The game can be optimized even more, the engine can be improved in so many ways, but when people like you start making up stuff from personal experience of any sort, or blindly say what's the standard CM games should be for their own personal superior sake is a general behaviour that disgust me.

So, basically, don't point out the flaws (does not mean that he said that the game is utter s***t) of the game or else you will the wrath of the forum. Why are you all so defensive? It's not like you are employed for BF and someone is bashing your work.

Edited by Aurelius

Another thing you say, nice to see that you tend to infer information only you compute out of system requirements of a software + you speak for other people of a software producting company.

The game can be optimized even more, the engine can be improved in so many ways, but when people like you start making up stuff from personal experience of any sort, or blindly say what's the standard CM games should be for their own personal superior sake is a general behaviour that disgust me.

lets skip semantics.

Battlefront Believes that 15 or 25 fps for real time is the norm, why? because it is happening in real life.  to which people? people < With pcs that battlefront suggests> and people who have even better Pcs.how do i know that? i know 3  guys who can confirm it,and i know that its happening to me. 

just set everything to best, and turn some big scenario,you ll notice how smooth the game is . i know you arleady did, but it seems you are refusing to accept reality

I have no problem with reality, that is 25 to 35 FPS with a large scenario and a tank battalion on it.

Never said anything different.

What I really don't like is people like you who write things like "battlefront believes", or made up things like "system requirements suggest". You can't speak for Other people or BFC company, unless you have an ego so large that lets you conmfortably rest on a throne while writing on BFC forums.

You should grow some skin, we are simply discussing. One thing is to positively say something true, another is to make up things and bash for no reason. Like linking the number of FPS with the system requirements posted officially.

It's not yours to discuss. These are the questions that the company has to answer, not some buyer/forum user.

I have no problem with reality, that is 25 to 35 FPS with a large scenario and a tank battalion on it.

Never said anything different.

What I really don't like is people like you who write things like "battlefront believes", or made up things like "system requirements suggest". You can't speak for Other people or BFC company, unless you have an ego so large that lets you conmfortably rest on a throne while writing on BFC forums.

i just went into a cut of at koevering scenario, minimal fps 8, average 12-13, maximum 40 (when looking at the skies) i5 4690k at4ghz,gtx 970 oced,8gb of ram. clean fresh pc. can run even arma 3 on 60 fps if server is good. i dont know why are you still lying.

if we take this what  i said true,which it is, battlefront is believing that playing on 15 fps is ok. 

or 

if thats not the case,they re not believing that, then they are not able to deliver playable product

Edited by Lacroix

first of all since CMAK isnt old breed. Old breed is Cmbo beta. like where i started. in Ww2 Wehrmacht terms Ive been there since Poland and you came in around just before Kursk.

If you really are an infantryman hopefully Germany will invade Russia again. Then we wont have to listen to you complain about CM, your squaddies can hear you complain about lugging ammo.

Oh wow, did not know you are that old school...iam sorry...

And no, Germany will not invade Russia again, i will stay here and tell you about stuff you refuse to hear.

CM has big flaws, face it and and stop acting like a hardcore fanboy so we can have a constructive discussion.

So if GTOS has infantry formations, Combat Mission does not, and you don't 'necessarily' think that GTOS infantry combat is superior then it stands to reason that the correlation you draw between infantry formations being necessary in Combat Mission in order to improve infantry combat isn't a valid one. Has the thought occurred to you that perhaps the reason infantry combat in GTOS isn't necessarily superior to infantry combat in Combat Mission is because of the infantry formations?

Sorry, if you dont see how infantry formation (correctly implemented) could enhance the CM gameplay then you clearly have a problem with your imagination.

Wouldn't that be ironic that the very game being promoted as 'superior' is a game that Steve refused to sell in his store.

No, it would just show that Steve refused to sell a great game or feared that it would outshine their own CM series someday.

@ Kieme(ITA)

Sorry, i like you and your Mods but what you wrote about the FPS thing is trash. Lacroix is 100% correct !

If your PC is 3 or 4 times as powerful as the "Suggested" requirements and you still only get stuttering 25 FPS (with drops below 15 FPS) on big Maps then something is wrong.

If you can start ArmA3, load the biggest possible island and drink a coffee in the time it takes CM to load a medium-big scenario then something is wrong !

This game, lets face it, is just very poorly optimized, thats all !

Why are you defending BFC about that ? I cant understand it...

Edited by Wiggum15

we can have a constructive discussion.

Honestly i dont think that you are capable of anything that even closely resembles a contsructive and rational or even just mature conversation.

CM has big flaws, face it and and stop acting like a hardcore fanboy so we can have a constructive discussion.

It's impossible to have a constructive discussion so long as terms like "fanboy" are tossed around.

Edited by LukeFF

So you are demanding that BFC get entirely out of the wargame business, go for the big bucks producing razzle-dazzle for fourteen year olds?

When did anyone say this? And whats wrong with fourteen year olds? They can play Combat Mission too cant they? I first played Close Combat when I was 12 on my windows 95 desktop. Or would it upset everyone too much that kids are playing their game.

Edited by Stagler

It's impossible to have a constructive discussion so long as terms like "fanboy" are tossed around.

Its also hard when every critic is met with terms like "overblown", "irrational" or "ridiculous exaggeration"...

Sorry, if you dont see how infantry formation (correctly implemented) could enhance the CM gameplay then you clearly have a problem with your imagination.

Why don't you help us all out and explain your vision in the Action Spot thread for us?

They can use the CMx2 engine as long as they like, its fine for me (17 votes [38.64%])

so many voted? my friend said - I was born in the Middle Ages and I want to die in the Middle Ages

Can we get BF to fix one item on this forum system.

The basic fixture that no one should be allowed to vote on their own post.

Wiggum you have managed to take it to a level I have never seen before. You are so caught up in yourself you like to give yourself a vote on almost every comment.

What's the matter, didn't like the score you was receiving from the forum (why should you care - just a bunch of Fanboys anyway)

If you want to see mine and a few other long term CM players thoughts on the matter, this topic came up in a recent vodcast we did at the FGM and posted on Youtube. Had a few laughs.

Personally, liking the CMx2 engine and looking forward to any additional features BF build into it over the coming years via the upgrade system. Also in my wargaming dream world, the ability to play the entire war at a tactical level in the same CM engine would be great. We're wargamers, if you want the shiniest new graphics bells and whistles you've picked the wrong genre. :) Let the last game cover the early war and the last module, the invasion of Poland.

CMx2 is getting pretty long in the tooth imo. It's getting harder and harder to be excited about new releases. It's pretty much to the point of oh wow, another title with the same recycled assets we've been seeing/hearing for nearly a decade, and the same engine/gameplay quirks we have to deal with. However, I don't think we'll see a CMx3 any time soon. I think we'll actually get to see DCS EDGE/Nevada released before we see a CMx3.

I think a new engine wouldn't hurt, and with the Bulge+Bulge and CMBS and CMRT modules it might be a good time to sort of start laying the groundwork.  On the other hand if after CM: Bulge: Gotterdamrung, CMBS: Denmark, and CMRT: Tea Break at the Gates of Warsaw, CMSF redone on the current engine shows up, and there's an early world war two (or dare I hope Korea 1950 OR 2018)  CM, I'm really not feeling like I'll be terribly put out.

CMx2 is getting pretty long in the tooth imo. It's getting harder and harder to be excited about new releases. It's pretty much to the point of oh wow, another title with the same recycled assets we've been seeing/hearing for nearly a decade, and the same engine/gameplay quirks we have to deal with. However, I don't think we'll see a CMx3 any time soon. I think we'll actually get to see DCS EDGE/Nevada released before we see a CMx3.

Excellent post Rambler, i totally agree with you.

You could get excited about CMBS a bit because it finally got back into modern warfare and had a current event as background) but now we are back to WW2 with the Bulge game which will feel/play just like CMBN,CMFI,CMRT.

No game changing new feature, the same recycled assets, 8 year old engine quirks and graphic issues...

BFC, its getting old...

Edited by Wiggum15

Excellent post Rambler, i totally agree with you.

You could get excited about CMBS a bit because it finally got back into modern warfare and had a current event as background) but now we are back to WW2 with the Bulge game which will feel/play just like CMBN,CMFI,CMRT.

No game changing new feature, the same recycled assets, 8 year old engine quirks and graphic issues...

BFC, its getting old...

As is your incessant banging on about this. I mean it's great to have an opinion and espouse it, but the great lengths you are taking this to is becoming - odd. And TBH I've had enough of this rather cringeworthy show of childish behaviour. So I'm out.

As is your incessant banging on about this. I mean it's great to have an opinion and espouse it, but the great lengths you are taking this to is becoming - odd. And TBH I've had enough of this rather cringeworthy show of childish behaviour. So I'm out.

Same here.