When should BFC start to develop a CMx3 engine ?

When should BFC start to develop a CMx3 engine  

54 members have voted

1. 1. When should BFC start to develop a CMx3 engine

• Right after they finish the Bulge game
    • Let them finish Bulge and Modules for CMRT and CMBS first
    • They can use the CMx2 engine as long as they like, its fine for me
    • I doubt there will ever be a CMx3 engine...
    • I think they should have started long ago and we should already have CMx3 by now !

Because he is irrelevant?

...i actually think the fanboys and yes-sayers are irrelevant, to much of them here, CM will never improve that way.

BFC could release utter trash or just a reskinned version of CMSF as CMSF 2.0 and you would go ape**** about it.

They can not answer questions or bug reports for months and nobody sees a problem with that.

Edited by Wiggum15

The thing is they rarely if ever post here in topics that make suggestions on how to improve CMx2 or dont respond to any critique of CMx2.

As a small company they should be much more connected with their community and answer questions/suggestions, bug reports and technical problems !

Oh, they do pay attention to suggestions to improve CMx2.  They just don't pay attention to you.  What you really seem to be saying is that they need to pay more attention to you - personally - because you think you have all the answers.

ill stop being a fanboy when u stop being a hater fair wiggum? whether or not there are relevant problems to discuss is irrelevant to this convo because you.re not trying to have a serious convo nor do you really have realistic solutions. your crutch basically is (whilst playing bfc games and posting daily on the companies msg board) bfc swindled us and continues to swindle us and we should all play other games and gee golly i cant wait till i can imagine the look on steves face when some other company finally does what cm does way better.

btw for every flaw you point out cm wise gtos is just as bad. user friendly? NO. Infantry combat? unrealistic. in fact the truth is that infantry didnt matter at all on the Russian front as proven by gtos.

Oh, they do pay attention to suggestions to improve CMx2.  They just don't pay attention to you.  What you really seem to be saying is that they need to pay more attention to you - personally - because you think you have all the answers.

Stop talking bull****, they rarely if ever post to relevant questions about the game or the engine and rarely answer critique or bug reports !

...i actually think the fanboys and yes-sayers are irrelevant, to much of them here, CM will never improve that way.

BFC could release utter trash or just a reskinned version of CMSF as CMSF 2.0 and you would go ape**** about it.

They can not answer questions or bug reports for months and nobody sees a problem with that.

Yes, tragically BFC will soon be going out of business because they didn't listen to you.  What will you do at that point?  Will you celebrate their demise or feel sad because of missed opportunities.  If only they had listened to you everything would have worked out for the better.

what gives you the right to think that hes not supposed to think that they need to respond to him?

Hmmm a mind reader are we? Where in my question did I say that?

I asked an open question and now you are telling me what I think!!!

Stop talking bull****, they rarely if ever post to relevant questions about the game or the engine and rarely answer critique or bug reports !

How would you know one way or another about what suggestions they pay attention to?  People have posted change logs and improvements numerous times.  The problem is that none of the things they do change or improve are on your personal hot list of things needing attention and so you discount them.  Yet the fact is that even those changes that you deem unimportant take development time to do.  BFC's priorities are just different from yours.

classic ad hominem ,you are focusing more and more on wiggum than on anything in this whole thread

He is making himself the issue because he cloaks himself as the font of knowledge.  Once he acknowledges that others have equally valid viewpoints then perhaps he can be taken more seriously.

Edited by ASL Veteran

No, I would not go ape-hog-wild about it if BFC released "utter trash" ( or even just normal "trash" ).

The reason I'm a "fanboi" is because I enjoy  the game(s) and I get hundreds ( looking forward to thousands :) ) of hours of entertainment from them.

There's room for improvement of course, but I'm content to let BFC prioritise since they know what they are doing ( opinion based on their 15 years of successful releases ).

Edited by Baneman

How would you know one way or another about what suggestions they pay attention to?

Ah, so you say they are silently monitoring the forum ?

As a small developer team with a small community they need to be much more active.

I say it again. Where are they active in discussions about the engine, where do they responde to critique ?

Where do they answer to technical problems ?

Fact, they rarely do. How can you sugarcoat that ?

was checking his posts and i think i never saw himself voting his posts?

All you have to do is go under his profile and look at what he has voted on, it list all his own comments.

Anyway, he has stopped that now, so note, no more plus +1 on almost everything he post.

what gives you the right to think...

What gives you the right to think...

Questioning the right of someone to think what he wants is usually a bad way to start and arguement. It' s better to question the rationality behind someone thoughts than the sheere fact those thoughts were had.

So ChrisND and Steve both posted in the forums today, yet we still did not get any response of them concerning the old engine flaws and how they try to improve or what really will be "new" in the Bulge game or what their thoughts about a possible CMx3 engine are.

If I was them, I don't think I would want to comment to this line of questions either.

For sure I would not if I knew you would not like what you were going to hear.

The last thing Steve likes to do is deal with this type of behavior.

Anyway, I am sure they know what their future plans are for at least a few years, but they have a history of keeping that to themselves. Normally only leaking small hints that at times I think they do not even mean to do. So you might be waiting awhile for any comments.

Ok, enough of this, back to topic.

Since we are already talking BFC's business model...

They choose to sell their so called "engine upgrades" and not to release them as a free patch/upgrade.

Now, why did they not update the old scenarios/campaigns with the (big) new feature...AI triggers ?

I think its kind of lazy from them and i was really disappointed to see they dont updated the scenarios.

Yes it takes time, but again, they SELL this stuff and dont give it away for free !

And dont explain it with multiplayer compability, the old versions of the scenarios would still be abvaiable.

Ok, enough of this, back to topic.

Since we are already talking BFC's business model...

They choose to sell their so called "engine upgrades" and not to release them as a free patch/upgrade.

Now, why did they not update the old scenarios/campaigns with the (big) new feature...AI triggers ?

I think its kind of lazy from them and i was really disappointed to see they dont updated the scenarios.

Yes it takes time, but again, they SELL this stuff and dont give it away for free !

And dont explain it with multiplayer compability, the old versions of the scenarios would still be abvaiable.

Ok, how is this back on topic.

The topic is a voting poll which seems to prove you are not in the majority on this forum anyway.

Ok, how is this back on topic.

The topic is a voting poll which seems to prove you are not in the majority on this forum anyway.

actually,if we are to trust the poll,majority of people , or at the very very least 50%, expect new engine in the near future (2 years tops)

Edited by Lacroix

This topic turned more into a general critique of CM and BFC.

Should i start a new topic ?

No, because that has been you topic for all your post lately, might as well stay here on your own thread. High jacking your own thread.

Oh, wait , I do that also, so cannot comment :)

Where do they answer to technical problems ?

Fact, they rarely do. How can you sugarcoat that ?

No sugarcoating at all: 

This is a "self-help" community for technical support for CM Black Sea. To request support from our staff, please go to the Help Desk and click on Submit Ticket.

No, because that has been you topic for all your post lately, might as well stay here on your own thread. High jacking your own thread.

Oh, wait , I do that also, so cannot comment :)

So you did not want to have updated scenarios for the paid "engine upgrades" ?

Another thing:

The question why it takes BFC so much time even for very small things to add.

For example the praised "random number of bullets in a mg burst".

I can only explain this with the engine being a mess of code and it takes massive amount of time to implant every code change and more time to test it.

Or the engine is already a rag rug, its like the old car you somehow keep running because you cant afford a new one.

I would support a new car for BFC, go to kickstarter and i will send you money for a innovative CMx3 engine !

actually,if we are to trust the poll,majority of people , or at the very very least 50%, expect new engine in the near future (2 years tops)

Sure funny, when I look at that poll, I read it as 63% percent seem content to see the present engine for the near future anyway.

You know, it is not like we all would not like to see massive improvements also. Everyone here would.

I just think it is a situation as to knowing that in the hands of BF, A new engine would likely have all the similar issues we saw when shock force came out, do you really want that again. A new engine with all new bugs to fix.

Would it be revolutionary in concept. NO ( it is the same programmers doing it with the same skill sets they have. ) Sorry, I just don't see BF having the staff of people to break into a whole new better way to create a game like they are doing.

So it would be about the same amount of change as we saw from CMX1 to CMX2.

So until I find I am not willing to buy their present games or find another company that does a better job. I can live with the fact that I will accept their product using the present engine that they have created.

Call me a realist or something , OK

Then why dont they hire new people with better skills ?

They could start a kickstarter campaign for CMx3 and tell people they need the money for better skilled coders to do a proper well optimized engine.

Or if they take a engine already avaiable they could use the money to hire people who are skilled in it.

Edited by Wiggum15

So you did not want to have updated scenarios for the paid "engine upgrades" ?

It would be nice, but I can understand why that does not happen.

Pretty much all the scenarios in the game are donated, even in the original release. So what, you expect them to demand those people that submit the work to them free, update these old scenarios. (not happening) Do you really understand how small these guys are.

But they have given us the user all the tools to fix them ourselves. So if you want the old ones to work, you can fix them.

Tell me another game where you can create new scenarios, like you can here. The ability to create or fix any scenario is in your hands. Again your demand that it is BF's job to do this, it is just unrealistic for who you are dealing with.

Edited by slysniper

Ah, the good old "throw money at the problem" approach. That works oh so well in IT, just ask any government organization. ;)

Anyway, BFC rarely replies to threads that are full of hyperbole construed by people who have a very limited grasp on the subject. If someone was actually interested in the subject he would probably educate himself and present himself in a constructive manner.

What hyperbole? There are numerous examples in this thread, starting with the first post. Even your second post says "The complete lack of communication with the community maybe... "

Edited by Zebulon Pleasure Beast II