Armata soon to be in service.

Lee_Vincent

Found this, what it is.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYhyzJ7jdGE

I first thought it looks like M60, but I found that the design of hull body looks quite similar with Kurganets, such as wheel and track part.

And it looks similar with other picture of what is supposed to be Armata.

post-73220-0-49088700-1427207227_thumb.j

This movie might be a real thing, but let's see. Nothing is for sure now.

Found this, what it is.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYhyzJ7jdGE

I first thought it looks like M60, but I found that the design of hull body looks quite similar with Kurganets, such as wheel and track part.

And it looks similar with other picture of what is supposed to be Armata.

attachicon.gif3661020334_72aaa34b_QWc1_VW6II0.jpeg

This movie might be a real thing, but let's see. Nothing is for sure now.

Ahem...

That's Nizhniy Tagil. That's where they make them. And it's exactly the same place where this video was taken:

Edited by L0ckAndL0ad

Bold move by that cameraman, I'm sure it'd be easy to figure out who he is. Cool tank though, looks like the 3D concept was bs.

I've also heard the Indians are less than pleased with the T-50. I'm sure the US would love to sell them F-35s so there has to be a lot of pressure to pull out. Can't imagine that would help the PAK FA program.

The Indians have been withholding some of their side of the investments because of a bunch of issues with the T-50.  It really doen't say anything about the aircraft.  They all go through painful development processes.  But it does say something about the type of deal that arranged with India.  Lot of risk on both sides.

Bold move by that cameraman, I'm sure it'd be easy to figure out who he is.

Pretty much, yeah. Look at the road sign on the right that's visible at the last second of the video. It doesn't mean "Tank spotters park here and take pictures!" It means that the place is under surveillance.

pic_1359368100.jpg

Edited by L0ckAndL0ad

Same turret as obj195 (but without 152mm gun), as i said in the other thread months ago :))

Looks quite different to me.

nice find on the vid, but it does not look like an unmanned turret.

It is.  Commander is on right side of hull.  No fume extractor on barrel.

Edited by akd

Found this, what it is.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYhyzJ7jdGE

armata_expect.jpg

According to analysis of Russian source, this tank is quite big. 8.7m in length, 3.2m in height, bigger wheels. It looks that the tank has a bigger turret than "artificial" images of T-14. And it is supposed that this model does not attached any ERAs or additional armor plates. The gun looks like 2A82 or 2A82M1. 

The new sabot for this gun is 900mm long.. Thé gun itself generates 17% more energy than L55 from Rheinmetall .. I sense guaranteed frontal kills at 2000 meters on any western tank ... Also its good for 500-600 shots so no more live fire training limitations

Edited by antaress73

The vid Douglas Rudd presented and the still exsonic01 presented both show, in my estimation, the same kind of MBT, starting with seven roadwheels. I like the odd translation for the shape distorting framework. LOckAndLOad's vid looks to me just like what I see in Mr. Ruddd's vid. Also, that shocking road crossing reminds me of some unique signage I saw at NTC decades ago. Like this, but with an M60 silhouette and no crossing marking. More like "Watch out for tanks!" Made quite an impression on Dad and me as we earnestly sought to avoid becoming track impressions while visiting brother George who was a Scout in M3 Bradley CFVs and was there with his unit for training.

Turning now to the claimed hypersonic super transport, the author of the piece needs, for starters, to learn to distinguish between supersonic and hypersonic. 2000 km/h is only Mach 1.6. Hypersonic speed is generally reckoned to be begin around Mach 5. Quite a ways to go, I'd say. Nor is the design original. North American Rockwell had major design studies underway for a very high capacity wing body no fuselage aircraft called a Span-loader. Here's a NASA study on why the concept is really the way to go. The aircraft's design speed was Mach 0.8.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Well, lets get them Russians to use the thing so some real data can be found out about this new tank.

The only thing that matters is information need to be leaked so that BF can get it modeled and placed in the game.

What good is a new super tank unless we can use it in the game.

Does not Russia know trying to keep it a secret is useless (They are only hurting us, the Wargamer)  :lol:

I am sure the US knows everything about it at the upper levels