Armata soon to be in service.

Lee_Vincent

T-15 Heavy IFV, I presume?

There are some interesting things on the hull.  Looks like two radar modules (one facing side, one angled foward) and 4-5x "launchers" similar to those seen on the base of the Object 195 turret.  We know smoke launchers are on the Epoch turret module, so I'm guessing this is "Afghanite" APS.

Edited by akd

Sigh, sorry man. :) now that I read that I remember you describing that a while ago. Should have googled first and asked questions later.

I just have not been following this post for post because there is so much speculation and not enough known yet. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Thanks for setting me back on the right path. :)

Oh, don't mention it. That was kinda rude of me, probably.

Probably a dumb question, but what are the chances that the vehicles in the parade keep the turret tarps on?

It was officially stated many times they'd be officially presented on May 9th parade, and will be concealed until then.

There are some interesting things on the hull.  Looks like two radar modules (one facing side, one angled foward) and 4x "launchers" as seen on the base of the Object 195 turret.  We know smoke launchers are on the Epoch module, so I'm guessing this is "Afghanite" APS.

Hard to say with such low resolution/quality. Maybe.

I am no expert, but is that a pretty big shot trap?

Shots trops are largely irrelevant against modern APFSDS.  It will not ricochet.

T-15 is a mood killer for me. Kurganets-25, even though not as modern and sleek as German Puma, is good. Solid. That long thing on the other hand, I dunno. It's very.. uhm.. Soviet? The biggest problem I see is, actually, what I do not see. Exit ramp. I don't see one.

There is a gap between the side hull projections at the rear, so probably a setup like the Namer APC.

I laugh at the over-fixation on gun depression importance. What's M1's gun depression like? -10 Degrees? T-72's is 6. I doubt 4 degrees of difference have a huge impact on performance especially in light of how different designs and their respective application tactics are. 

It does.  Especially if that trait is especially factored into the planned deployment of the design.  Its a big difference for the exact reason you mentioned :P

Sorry for the OT.

Edited by Nerdwing

It does.  Especially if that trait is especially factored into the planned deployment of the design.  Its a big difference for the exact reason you mentioned :P

Sorry for the OT.

It's a big difference in design filosophy which is reflected throughout the actual vehicle. 4 Degrees don't make a difference. 

Somebody (Khlopotov?) decided to leak T-95 photo. The turret indeed looks very unarmored, which makes the T-95 not really a tank, but a SPA/TD. This makes a possibility of T-14 using similar type of turret even less likely.

This is a better pic of this tank from a different angle:

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/4607/3147bc4623f1.jpg

Which is not the same as this one:

http://i.imgur.com/9yeAQuf.jpg

Possibly the last pic is a later version?