Who is your favorite?

russia against Ukraine is similar to the US forces against the syrians in shock force. I played the US and Russia. (first two scenarios) . Got a major victory as the US in the first scenario and a total victory as the Russians in "Going to town", which is challenging for the Russians. 

I like them all. Although, porbably i like playing as Russia most. They dont have Javelins so you cant just "cheat" the enemy tanks away with a 1-shot-kill top-attack missile which makes the game more challenging. I havent tried playing as UKRs yet.

russia against Ukraine is similar to the US forces against the syrians in shock force. I played the US and Russia. (first two scenarios) . Got a major victory as the US in the first scenario and a total victory as the Russians in "Going to town", which is challenging for the Russians. 

I really like the Russians in this game. They look really great with all their modern kit, and have some really great vehicles and weapons.

How on earth did you get a total victory as Russia in "Going to Town"? Never mind, don't tell me, I want to crack this one without any help but it's certainly a tough challenge.

One thing I like about the game is that you can see all sides' points of view. From the NATO point of view, it's countering Russian aggression; from the Russian point of view, it's standing up to Western expansionism on her borders; and from the Ukraine's point of view, it's defending Ukrainian sovereignty and the right to self-determination. There is no black-and-white "bad guy".

In this order (best to least):

Ukr

RU

US

Ukr and RU are very close, but I enjoy playing as the Ukrainians slightly more (and I really like the look of their uniforms and vehicles). I don't dislike the US. I just don't really like the look of modern US kit (I do like the M4A1 rifle and Abrams, though) and the Javelin and Abrams are just so powerful...

In the WWII titles, my order of preference is:

US (I really like big squads that produce 3 teams of 3-4 men each and I actually like Shermans!)

RU (I like standard infantry better than SMG squads)

UK (I like them, but just don't seem to get around to playing them that often)

GE (love the German gear, but I usually play as Allied)

I'm finding that a hidden gem in CM:BS is the all-infantry fighting. If you can get all the whiz-bang stuff off the battlefield and reduce it to the foot-soldiers and non-precision arty, things really take on different, cool feel. Despite the modern small arms, the casualty rate seems a bit lower than in the WW2 titles under those conditions. In fact, the fighting itself seems slightly slower. I guess it's the body armor. I've done some QB stuff this way and I really like that kind of fighting.

Edited by Macisle

I never really have a favorite side. I pretty much like any units and any equipment of any country .

Being that it is the first time we have had a chance to play with anything that represents the Russians best stuff. I am finding my focus there as I try to figure out the best ways to use these forces.

I must admit to be struggling with the Russians at the moment, I thought it was because i am more familiar with the US side from CMSF days.  However I am on mission 3 of the Ukraine campaign and so far so good, so i am starting to think it is about my tactics against the US as the Ukraine has the same equipment as the Russians.