North Africa

BFC did africa in their old engine, and deserts again in the first incarnation of CMx2 (CM: Shock Force). Tunisia and earlier have often been the subject of eager clamouring, and while Steve used to quote the raven, his attitude appears to have softened a little. However, BFC have a lot on their plate already. Once BS is released, there's RT and FI to finish up, and Bulge on the cards, and there's a mooted updating of SF into the new upgradeable codebase. After that, who knows? I don't think even BFC does, for certain yet. But there is a pretty big contender for "next on the list" in the '43 Ostfront family, starting with Kursk. That would be a huge seller, I reckon. Seems like Kursk is every Ostfront grog's favourite period of the war.

If they did it, though, there's a high probability that it would, like the Russian stuff, step backwards a year at a time, so the next family would perhaps start in '42. Maybe El Alamein. Which would mean Torch and Tunisia would be a later module in that family. But don't hold your breath; I reckon there'll be another Ostfront offering first. At least one.

So you are not buying Bulge then?

Correct.  The eventual Berlin one as well.  I have little interest in those time frames during WWII.  I will have lots to tide me over though until Kursk and earlier war time frames for CM are available.  As well modules /vehicle packs for the existing CMx2 games that will surley come out I will be getting.

I have to say, in regards to the modern time frame... I am really enjoying CMBS right now. Deadly.

Edited by Blazing 88's

• 1 month later...

I would vote for a Tunisia module for CMFI.  One that covers Operation Torch from November 1942.  There doesn't appear to be many vehicles to add.  Terrain and structures for southern Tunisia might require some work.  Maybe this can be adapted from CMSF.  Based on what has been done in previous MODS, it appears possible.

Two modules may be needed, depending on the development time.  One for the United States and one Common Wealth forces.  The U.S module would cover the Kasserine Pass battles, the El Guettar battle, and the final advance on Bizerte.  The U.K. module would add the initial race for Tunis actions, the defense of Thala and Sbiba, the Medenine battles, and the final advance on Tunis.  I would even want to include the French contributions, but that may be asking for too much.