Why Only 2 Campaigns?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have the game, right? Why don't you knock one out of the park by crafting a Lvov-Sandomierz campaign, one of the Germans trying to liquidate the Vistula bridgehead, and another covering the Stanislaus operation?

It should be easy. There's a boatload of material out there.

You have the game, right? Why don't you knock one out of the park by crafting a Lvov-Sandomierz campaign, one of the Germans trying to liquidate the Vistula bridgehead, and another covering the Stanislaus operation?

It should be easy. There's a boatload of material out there.

You have obviously never crafted a scenario much less a campaign, otherwise you would not have posted such an ignorant response to a simple question.

You have obviously never crafted a scenario much less a campaign, otherwise you would not have posted such an ignorant response to a simple question.

I think he was being facetious. You're expecting too much. More campaigns will come. They take time to create. Effort. Battlefront has a lot of work to do.

Hah. Of all the incorrect statements made on this forum (and there have been some doozies...), this has to be in the top ten

Not so, my friend. Sometimes it is best when you are new to a forum community (forum software counts your OP as your 2nd) to familiarize yourself a little with some of the players before your throw around such comments. I can understand wanting more scenarios...nothing wrong with that, but aggressive posts made in ignorance often get the kind of aggressive response yours elicited.

Moderate your tone a bit, and you might be surprised how much help you can get and how much you can learn.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa!

For a minute there, I thought I was at a forum of one of the other regular mainstream games I play and not the well-mannered and intelligent forum of BFC.

You'd do well to drop the mainstream forums attitude at the door friend. This ain't the place for such behaviour.

TheRealLobster: welcome to the forum first of all. But like others said before me, your introduction to the forum is not exactly stellar.

Take some time to familiarize yourself first. You don't know who is who yet. JonS makes great scenarios and actually made a great guide to making scenarios in CM. Still grateful for that JonS!

In fact, that guide has helped me a LOT in getting into making scenarios myself. It is probably safe to say that without it, I would not be making scenarios at all (for your information, I am a Beta for BFC and make scenarios too).

Anyways, making scenarios/campaigns that are fit for release to the community is a LOT of work. I enjoy doing it immensely, but a lot of work it is nonetheless. I have cranked out 5 extra scenarios in the last few months after CMRT was released. Just to do my bit for the community and the enjoyment of this GREAT game.

The amount of content for CMRT is up to par IMHO, and new scenarios are being released all the time. No campaigns yet, but that may come too.

If possible, maybe you could have a go at making scenarios/campaigns? All contributions are highly appreciated by the community.

Battles raged along the entire Eastern Front during this time and you could only come up with two campaigns? Why not a Lvov-Sandomierz campaign? Or the Germans trying to liquidate the Vistula bridgehead? Or the Stanislaus operation? There's a boatload of material and all we got were two campaigns. :(

When you get out of your pre-teens and mature, you'll realize how asinine your post was. Until then, try and say as little as possible. ;)

Welcome!

It would be a nice gesture if you put your post to JonS as your signature. Really. It would be a badge of honor and a token of humility, all at once.

You'll find that JonS is one of the games top scenario designers and also that he has a very dry sense of humor. Ascerbically so. (New word?)

Also, this forum has a higher level of decorum than most: read a bunch of older threads to get a sense of how it works.

Again, welcome.

and, um, not to be "that guy" but nobody mentioned it; There are 3 campaigns that ship with the base game, not two. The training campaign is probably the most important of the 3, not that a played it through

or anything.

Also out of curiosity, have you beaten either or both of the "two"?

And Welcome to the forum!

I really appreciate that a new user can be jumped by so many people on their second post in the forum. Seriously guys grow up. No one has adequately answered his post and everyone is surprised is when he reacts negatively to a facetious comment.

For a second I thought I was part of a welcoming and friendly community.

I will now illustrate how someone should have answered his post.

Each game that Battlefront releases comes with two campaigns. One from the allied and one from the axis perspective. So while there is a lot of campaign content they will only release two campaigns per release. It is what you are paying for.

Scenario makers are free to create additional campaigns. However, campaigns take a long time to adequately test and design so they are generally out of the reach of individual designers.

If you want some more campaigns you will have to wait for the release of the next module which will once again contain two new campaigns.

... But seriously guys. Grow up. Be adults.

ehhh, worse has been said.

A sharp introduction to the forums, to be sure, but possibly he will view it as a positive learning experience.

If he followed Benpark's link to JonS' Scenario-Making guide, he will possibly come to a new understanding of the complexity of scenarios and by extension, campaigns - which he may not have had before.

In time he may come to see just how ironic and funny his 2nd post was.

CMRT is simply the base for a series of building blocks before the title is complete. Still to come: different seasons, regions, vehicles, scenarios, campaigns, up to and including the battle for Berlin, I believe. Each 3rd party scenario uploaded to Repository enlarges the game further. So 'CMRT' is the download contents plus what looks like an additional 25 Repository scenarios... and counting. A pretty good haul, I'd say.

I'm not knocking BF for the amount of campaigns they ship with each module. I'm not knocking the community for the great user created scenarios they release at great expenses in time to themselves. But as someone who loves campaigns I'd pay for extra campaign add-on packs. The main reason for this is that user made campaigns seem out of reach of community designers at the moment.

Arrogant posters getting slammed is part of the reason why this forum is so great. If you let them continue their merry ways you will end up like any other forum on the net.

Or maybe you don't consider it offensive when you spend your precious free time working on something and a random guy bumbles along and says "You could only come up with this?"

I think it is probably worth people's time and particularly the OP's to look in the credits of the game. You can pretty much identify all the scenario and campaign contributors there. Note they are pitifully few and are generally not on BF payroll. So next time before asking why there aren't more you may want to consider that these folks have lives of their own and are not free to just dedicate all of their time to this. The alternative is BF could delay all releases while they waited for another campaign or two to be cranked out. I think we'd all prefer they not wait.

To TheRealLobster - funny error no big deal. I'd agree with an earlier poster - put it in your sig. It was quite funny and would show a great sense of humor and humility. If you don't I just might put it in mine. Really it was that funny.

I'm not knocking BF for the amount of campaigns they ship with each module. I'm not knocking the community for the great user created scenarios they release at great expenses in time to themselves. But as someone who loves campaigns I'd pay for extra campaign add-on packs. The main reason for this is that user made campaigns seem out of reach of community designers at the moment.

I appreciate those that make the mods and scenarios for CMx2. It's great.

But I too would pay for campaign add-on packs as nial78 suggested. I noticed that BF released a mission pack for the original Theatre of War. I wonder if they would consider the same for CMx2? Not a module per se, but just extra scenarios and campaigns.

The OP knows it's a lot of effort to create a scenarios and campaigns. He feels BFC should have included more of them for the money he's spent. That isn't an unreasonable view, we all have different expectations - the product page for RT doesn't actually say how many campaigns are included. I would imagine that is why he objected to being advised to make his own.