Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Any news?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd guess the BF crew is suffering from massive hair loss and project constipation - seriously, if we look at the amount of work they're having to get through (what with problems cropping up in the already released games and getting at least two new titles ready for shipping), we have to recognise that they're balancing their needs against our own. Ours are secondary - still important to the business, but secondary. Hang in there, they deliver (eventually).

That said, "Oi, BF, fix or do sumfink!"

I would just like to know a bit about where the process is. Originally Steve estimated that the CMRT patch would be in one month and the CMBN and CMFI upgrades would be a month after that. It is now three months and we still don't have a CMRT patch. Clearly things are not going quite as swiftly as initially estimated.

My rough guess is roughly 2 months. That's one month to take care of unexpected CMRT issues and to prep the builds for both Normandy and Italy. Then a month of testing, tweaking, and retesting.

Steve

Brazil lost to Germany in the World Cup.

Let's just call that an understatement. They didn't just lose, the host nation suffered a humiliation of epic proportions on the world stage. Brazil should have spent all that money on helping their people instead of football stadiums and the debacle that has unfolded.

deutschland über alles !

However, my condolences to Webwing.

Regarding updates ~ check out ChrisND's TwitchTV channel http://www.twitch.tv/chrisnd and his weekly Saturday shows. He tosses out quite a few bones about upcoming patches and projects.

good point, actually Chris's twitch program seems to also have a secondary function of providing a few bones on what is going on. In his play through of Sacrifice for a new Religion he did mention the v3 upgrade for CMBN and CMFI is in testing. Not only is he entertaining, but also informative- BF's own Red Green Show. ;)

ChrisND also mentioned something in his Gustav Line: Venafro Back Into Hell video on twitch.

I think he said BF was working on optimizations for the patches before v3.0 upgrades would be offered. Can't say that for sure but I think that is what he said @ 2 months ago.

So with recent "mention the v3 upgrade for CMBN and CMFI is in testing." ... one could speculate that "optimizations for the patches" have proceeded to the point that "v3 upgrade for CMBN and CMFI is in testing."

When is ChrisND's next Live Leak video :)

It's not surprising at all if you've ever worked in software development.

Time is better spent actually trying to hit the moving target instead of talking about hitting the moving target. BFC doesn't have dedicated PR personnel.

It's not surprising at all if you've ever worked in software development.

And it's even less surprising if you've been part of this community for any previous release. BFC don't tell us anything about ETAs because we piss and moan when those ETAs aren't hit, even when the Estimated nature of them has been clearly stated.

When it's done, they'll release it, and maundering on won't get it released any quicker, so they don't. They know it'll get bought, so they don't feel the need to massage our need for attention.

"BFC doesn't have dedicated PR personnel."

I also run a small business (only sector other) and also do not have PR but with my clients to communicates, and not once in three months. For every question I try to answer right away especially when my service is not entirely perfect.

I recall that the BFC itself declared that the patch will be released to CMRT very quickly.

With all due respect to ChrisND twitch.tv is not an official place of gathering information. Such a place for me is a forum BFC.

I also run a small business (only sector other) and also do not have PR but with my clients to communicates, and not once in three months. For every question I try to answer right away especially when my service is not entirely perfect.

I recall that the BFC itself declared that the patch will be released to CMRT very quickly.

With all due respect to ChrisND twitch.tv is not an official place of gathering information. Such a place for me is a forum BFC.

and when they have something worth communicating they will. I can't say anything more than that, you are just going to have to be patient.

We all know there are at least two major issues to be resolved before BF can release a patch, think about that a moment and draw your own conclusions.

If BFC answered every question right away, they'd get absolutely no coding done whatsoever. There's a bunch of questions that don't get asked, because we know they won't get answered. Bear in mind that BFC have been producing niche gaming software for 15 years on this customer communication model, and they're still in business when many like them are not. The fetish for communicating every little dev-fart to your playerbase is just that; it doesn't actually help in BFC's case because they're doing just as fine as they want to with the current comms style. Steve doesn't want to manage the customer relationship any more than he does, and if he was forced to, he wouldn't be making games any more, or at least that's the impression I get.

I realize that the number of customers of my company and BFC is like 1:10,000 or even more, and respond to each question is excluded.

and when they have something worth communicating they will

This model of communication seems to be strange.

Just that once a quarteri.e. four times a year will be little information on the progress of the announced projects. It's for their clients think that you can do. The patience I am well armed and waiting on.