We want more Gustav Line screenshots and videos!

All I see lately is stuff about Strategic Command. You'd think they were running a business or something. Don't they know that Combat Mission is all we live for? Well that and beer and a few other things, but really Battlefront, think of us poor saps. Bil is on vacation and the AAR is dead until he gets back. Throw us a Gustav Line bone!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone ask for more screenshots? Here you go!

First off, here's some soldier uniforms. The FJ wear a mixed variety of clothing items throughout the theater. This also shows the new great coats for the Germans and US, and desert outfit for the British. In The German photos you'll see some Beretta M38s - in Gustav Line the Germans will randomly get some Berettas, especially the FJ.

fjvarietyshot.jpg

fjcloseup.jpg

germangreatcoats.jpg

usgreatcoats.jpg

shortst.jpg

Some Allied vehicles:

US and British M10 GMC / Wolverine

wolverinesh.jpg

Stuart III Recce. This is a fun little vehicle that is a Stuart hull acting as an APC. It has a crew of two, one driver and one 50cal gunner, and carries a 3-man scout team armed with SMGs and a PIAT.

stuartrecce.jpg

Morris utility truck.

morrispx.jpg

A Churchill I and a Daimler Dingo Scout Car. We've also got the Lynx as well (not in the screenshot though).

churchilldingo.jpg

Assortment of familiar US vehicles with the new mainland camo.

uscamo.jpg

And I always love to show off Marco Bergman's superb work on the Shermans.

One of the neat new things coming with Gustav Line is artwork tags that are added to the end of file names. These tags allow the vehicle (and terrain) textures to change based on the date and the weather.

Currently, we support these tags:

[muddy] In wet and muddy weather, vehicles will use this tag. So in wet weather vehicles will appear muddy, in dry weather they won't.

[whitewash] Pretty self-explanatory. We aren't actually making any whitewash artwork for Gustav Line, but the capability is set up to support it.

[olive] In April 44 the Commonwealth vehicles switch from the tan and mud camo pattern to the straight olive green. So starting April 44, all Commonwealth vehicles draw from the [olive] texture instead of the default. Of course, if there isn't an [olive] texture present, they will just use the default.

[mainland] This is for US vehicles and starts in September 43. They switch from the bright green camo to the OD and black camo.

And you can combine the tags! So, for example, [mainland] and [muddy].

Here's an example, using some Shermans:

Shermans in July 1943, British on left, US on right:

shermansjuly43.jpg

Shermans in April 1944, dry weather:

shermansapr44.jpg

Shermans in April 1944, in muddy weather:

shermansapr44muddy.jpg

Can we have a CMGL screenshot of winter terrain with falling snow? Pretty please...

From one of the standalone scenarios. (Edit: I just noticed that the background doesn't match, even though we do have a snow background. I'm off to investigate what went wrong there... :eek: )

snowpn.jpg

And I always love to show off Marco Bergman's superb work on the Shermans.

They look fantastic.

One of the neat new things coming with Gustav Line is artwork tags that are added to the end of file names. These tags allow the vehicle (and terrain) textures to change based on the date and the weather.

Currently, we support these tags:

[muddy] In wet and muddy weather, vehicles will use this tag. So in wet weather vehicles will appear muddy, in dry weather they won't.

[whitewash] Pretty self-explanatory. We aren't actually making any whitewash artwork for Gustav Line, but the capability is set up to support it.

[olive] In April 44 the Commonwealth vehicles switch from the tan and mud camo pattern to the straight olive green. So starting April 44, all Commonwealth vehicles draw from the [olive] texture instead of the default. Of course, if there isn't an [olive] texture present, they will just use the default.

[mainland] This is for US vehicles and starts in September 43. They switch from the bright green camo to the OD and black camo.

And you can combine the tags! So, for example, [mainland] and [muddy].

This is absolutely brilliant. What a great idea. I have a question though about the [muddy] tag. You say it will be used for wet weather. But what about generally dry conditions where there is some muddy terrain or fords. Will vehicles swap textures from "clean" to [muddy] if they drive through mud or a ford? I seem to recall reading that in a post but I cannot find it.

No more pics please,...it's just like sharing cigarettes in front of a quitter craving to death,...

Oh I feel for you but I want to see more:D

Are you going to survive all the extra work this will entail for each vehicle:

"clean"

[muddy]

[whitewash]

[whitewash][muddy]

[olive]

[olive][muddy]

that is 7 x the work for every vehicle

I love the thought of what you can do but honestly will you survive?

This is absolutely brilliant. What a great idea. I have a question though about the [muddy] tag. You say it will be used for wet weather. But what about generally dry conditions where there is some muddy terrain or fords. Will vehicles swap textures from "clean" to [muddy] if they drive through mud or a ford? I seem to recall reading that in a post but I cannot find it.

Maybe when we get hit decals ? ;)

Fuser is going to have to start a company and hire more artists. "Aris' Skunkworks" sort of thing.

I especially like the trucks and little scout cars etc. But, everything looks very good. :)

Much as the amazing work by our volunteer modders is greatly appreciated, it would be wonderful to have a game looking so good out of the box that we don't need nearly so many additional mods. Downloading, and mixing and matching 3rd party mods is an enormously time-consuming game in itself - esp when v2.x then makes some older mods obsolete(!).

(And of course NEVER release anything until it's ready.)

Stuart III Recce. This is a fun little vehicle that is a Stuart hull acting as an APC. It has a crew of two, one driver and one 50cal gunner, and carries a 3-man scout team armed with SMGs and a PIAT.

stuartrecce.jpg

Ah yes, the T8. Always loved it in CMBO. One question, if it has a crew of two and the non-driver operates the M2 BMG, who operates the .30 cal hull MG?

Michael