What Battlefron needs to do...............HIRE ARIS

That's something that's important to point out. There's a huge difference between producing mods, and producing all of the artwork for a module or title on a deadline. Much more stressful, much less time, much more grueling and frankly probably much more boring - you can't just pick stuff that you like, or only do the things you want to do when you want to do them; you have to produce textures for EVERYTHING, to the style defined by management, and on a schedule.

Aris and the other members of the CM modding community can work on things at their pleasure and leisure, which is part of what makes our modding community so great - they can pick areas that they think could be improved, and make textures that are different / more suited to their aesthetic sensibilities *and* take as long as they need - and they do it with aplomb and to great effect! But the amount of work doesn't compare to what our in-house artists have to do, not by a mile, and it sounds like Aris knows full well the implications of that.

Aris will (I hope) be back for Gustav. I have most if not all Aris mods for Terrain, effect, Vehicles, for CMBN/CW & CMFI. Some of Aris work looks fantastic in CMSF MAC as well.

Phil's point is important. Artwork for a module or title on a deadline... produce textures for EVERYTHING, to the style defined by management, and on a schedule = Full Time Work+. Based on what Aris has created, I am sure he has the talent but maybe not the inclination but the wisdom to know what he wants.

The CM modding community has a rather impressive and enthusiastic collection of talent. I certainly enjoy modifying my CMXX# game experiences. I even have Z folders for specific scenarios, theaters I can swap out. Example... "The complete Eurofacation of CMSF" is a blast and maybe a tease at what is coming soon... CM: Shock Force 2 "a full spectrum conventional conflict between NATO and Russia in the Ukraine."

• 2 weeks later...
That's something that's important to point out. There's a huge difference between producing mods, and producing all of the artwork for a module or title on a deadline. Much more stressful, much less time, much more grueling and frankly probably much more boring - you can't just pick stuff that you like, or only do the things you want to do when you want to do them; you have to produce textures for EVERYTHING, to the style defined by management, and on a schedule.

Aris and the other members of the CM modding community can work on things at their pleasure and leisure, which is part of what makes our modding community so great - they can pick areas that they think could be improved, and make textures that are different / more suited to their aesthetic sensibilities *and* take as long as they need - and they do it with aplomb and to great effect! But the amount of work doesn't compare to what our in-house artists have to do, not by a mile, and it sounds like Aris knows full well the implications of that.

Nuff said ;)

Quite frankly, the mods are what keeps me buying the CM games.

This is not to say that I wouldn't buy them if they were less mod-able, but mods keep things fresh. Every time I put a new one in or on, it feels like a new game.

I appreciate the fact that the game designers have designed their game with this in mind.

I appreciate the work that all of the modders have put in on their free time. Aris' mods are something I would gladly pay for and I am thankful that he enjoys putting these fine works of art together for free.

In a way, we all pay modders like Aris' who clearly enjoy having a game to mod . . . by purchasing these games from BF, which keeps Aris in business, so to speak.

(The same theory applies to flight sims. I played European Air War for years beyond it's freshness date because of the work that modders put in. Same goes for Red Baron 3D and CFS. I've actually paid for expansions to those sims that began as free mods but became free-standing games. Full Canvas Jacket and Over Flanders Fields.)

I will make mods for Gustav Line. In fact, I am standing still, preparing some refined terrain textures for Italy as i wait...;)

@Fuser,

Do you ever do uniform mods? I think I can figure out how to make "ez's" USA uniform mods compatible with Version2. I see that "ez" has both asian and negroid face skins for the 92nd Infantry, but I wonder if a mod is also needed to reskin the hands of african-americans to reflect darker coloring there too.

I have no photoshop skills. While standing still, would you consider whipping up a uniform mod for the USA 92nd ID that includes all exposed skin coloring for the Buffalo Soldiers on the Gustav Line?

I have very high regard for all your modding work. Your mods have made my CMBN gaming experiences truly immersive. Thank you.

@Fuser,

Do you ever do uniform mods? I think I can figure out how to make "ez's" USA uniform mods compatible with Version2. I see that "ez" has both asian and negroid face skins for the 92nd Infantry, but I wonder if a mod is also needed to reskin the hands of african-americans to reflect darker coloring there too.

I have no photoshop skills. While standing still, would you consider whipping up a uniform mod for the USA 92nd ID that includes all exposed skin coloring for the Buffalo Soldiers on the Gustav Line?

I have very high regard for all your modding work. Your mods have made my CMBN gaming experiences truly immersive. Thank you.

UPDATE: Disregard; my mistake. The "ez US Infantry-patched uniform" mods for 92nd ID faces already include hands with matching skin tones. I didn't check closely enough before making earlier post.

• 1 month later...