How do I download 2.0 for free?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can piss $10 up against a wall in less than an hour. This represents real value for money.

If you want the game to survive and grow then we need to support the developer.

True, but many of these features should have been in there already such as armor arc targeting

It would be something if one of these trolls that come here to try and stir the pot showed a little intelligence in the matter, instead of barfing up the regurgitated leftovers of other people. Clearly FaxisAxis isn't the man for the job.

Seems that almost everyone here doesn't have the brains to realize that you don't pay for extra features and justify it by calling it an upgrade.

Most companies call it a new game or a new version of an old game. And they usually charge $30-$50 or more for it. Why, by golly, that's more than BFC is charging!

Michael

It would be something if one of these trolls that come here to try and stir the pot showed a little intelligence in the matter, instead of barfing up the regurgitated leftovers of other people. Clearly FaxisAxis isn't the man for the job.

And you think you're intelligent? Haven't seen any good arguments here.

From what I read the 2.0 upgrade that was released actually cost more in terms of manpower and other resources than what the proceeds will take in.

What would possess any company to spend arduous months completely giving away their time? That is close to what they are doing now.

This isn't a perfect game; but I absolutely love what this game represents. I for one would hate to see this company go belly up because it catered to the whims of the selfish few.

Most companies call it a new game or a new version of an old game. And they usually charge $30-$50 or more for it. Why, by golly, that's more than BFC is charging!

Michael

Simply not true. What you are refering to are actual expansions or maps added, new campaigns etc. Paradox for instance has actual content packs with new units for a dollar

as does Total war for a few bucks.

From what I read the 2.0 upgrade that was released actually cost more in terms of manpower and other resources than what the proceeds will take in.

What would possess any company to spend arduous months completely giving away their time? That is close to what they are doing now.

This isn't a perfect game; but I absolutely love what this game represents. I for one would hate to see this company go belly up because it catered to the whims of the selfish few.

I read this too whether I believe it is another story.

Yes I'd hate to see it go belly up too. Though if Steve and company were to take a look at my sales history they'd see I've given quite a bit to the cause already

I read this too whether I believe it is another story.

I reference my earlier post, which you may have missed. 2.0 was a resource-intensive process. I know; I was one of the primary "resources" and I sank a significant amount of time into it. I would ask, very respectfully, that you stop insinuating that we're somehow lying to our customers.

You are supposed to know what the effort BFC put into the latest patch in terms of time more than themselves. They charge 10 dollars simply because that's what they consider neccesary to keep CM alive. They possibly love CM much more than you and me, so why would they like to keep customers unhappy? Get rich with 10 dollars or maybe, make all that effort worth it? Nobody will charge money if the revenue will make customers flee (except banks, maybe..). Use it or lose it, and then learn to live with life frustrations,...

Gaming industry nowadays is crazy, games for 60 bucks that last (in terms of time, not enjoyment) 3 CM Quick Battles and being sold as pop corns...while games like CM are attacked repeteadly because 3 guys need to get some money from their effort.

You are supposed to know what the effort BFC put into the latest patch in terms of time more than themselves. They charge 10 dollars simply because that's what they consider neccesary to keep CM alive. They possibly love CM much more than you and me, so why would they like to keep customers unhappy? Get rich with 10 dollars or maybe, make all that effort worth it? Nobody will charge money if the revenue will make customers flee (except banks, maybe..). Use it or lose it, and then learn to live with life frustrations,...

Gaming industry nowadays is crazy, games for 60 bucks that last (in terms of time, not enjoyment) 3 CM Quick Battles and being sold as pop corns...while games like CM are attacked repeteadly because 3 guys need to get some money from their effort.

Yeah, I agree, 60 bucks for a waste of time a waste of 8 hours at the most.

After you've beaten main story or whatever which is usually the same crap gameplay rehashed its good for the trash. And yes I know its not a big team here, only a few.

The great thing is the fact that BF took the time and effort to update CMBN to 2.0 standard instead of leaving it behind. Unfortunately CMBO couldent be updated to CMBB standard but now a titel dont need to suffer the same faith. We can pick and choose what titels we want to buy and keep upgraded to the latest standard.

Everyone wins. Thanks BF for giving us these options!

Even the critics in there reviews said of CMFI that the extra features added to the engine didn't make that big a difference to the series.

Who listens to critics?

Your whole question is rhetorical...they are charging $10 for the update, you either buy or you don't. No long winded discussion/post needed.