How do I download 2.0 for free?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know where you can get new scenarios for free on the BTS website.

Yeah, I was waiting for someone to say this. But we want professional stuff.

Do you have any clue how long it takes for someone to make one of their "unprofessional" scenarios...for free?

Do you play uploaded scenarios? Do you use mods? Have you been doing this long? Like back in the CMX1 days?

If the answer to any of those is yes...then lets look at it this way; there's a bunch of us that spend many, many, many hours of our lives making stuff (for free) for other people to enjoy. Think of the ten bucks the upgrade costs as a donation in our names, to keep our hobby going.

But the next time your boss hands you a task that has to do with a job that has been worked on before...tell him he doesn't have to pay you. Just tell him that whatever that extra stuff is, it should've been included in the first go round, so you'll do it for free.

Mord.

FaxAxis,

I'm no fanboy. I frequently challenge various aspects of the games, lobby vigorously for features I deem important to proper combat simulation, make vehement cases for fixes and more. I've been at this for nearly 13 years. Nor have I confined my interactions to CM games. You'll find my posts on Theatre of War and PT Boats, too.

Moreover, in the past I spent months on end doing playtest for several wargames, some not yet released. If you haven't been on that end of the stick, then I submit that you have no idea how much work's involved, nor how anal and iterative it has to be in order to get things working properly. And there are ALWAYS problems, and they have problems. And the fixes beget new ones! That's after somebody else figures out what needs to be done and how to code it initially, after which it'll have to be fixed. And fixed. And fixed yet again. BFC's doing all that, and more, with but a tiny group of people who are also hard at work on things we know about (MG) and others we don't. If you don't want all the goodies embodied in the long list here, then don't buy.

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2047&Itemid=517

Here's how I see it. I live on very little, but I'm going to plunk down my money and get 2.0. The features alone would make it worthwhile (unless you like revealing your bazooka and 'schreck teams by having them open fire at 200 meter range, which gets them killed and kills no hostile armor).

Normal Dude,

Where do I get that Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse animation? I have a friend who'd LOVE to se it.

Regards,

John Kettler

What about long load times? Has that been fixed under the performance increase?

I mean the longest load times I've ever seen in any game. I have a samsung SDD drive, 8 gigs of ram and a intel I7 quad core with my system specs reads and writes are very fast.

This all sounds just great! I have to get this upgrade no matter, 10 dollars! its worth it.

With all you said to convince me and its my choice and if I know what's good

for me like the rest of you I will get it.

Wow, Shakespearean wargaming . . . . Much ado about nothing. The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

(I concur that the four horsemen gif is just way too cool, though . . . Thank you for that!) Whatever CMBN patch or version you play, good luck and good gaming!

I don't know why I was complaining just can't wait to give you my ten dollars.

What other donations should I be looking forward too? market garden. maybe in a couple of years from now "when it is done." Sorry for not being understanding. What a sense of

comradery will all have here.

I don't know why I was complaining just can't wait to give you my ten dollars.

What other donations should I be looking forward too? market garden. maybe in a couple of years from now "when it is done." Sorry for not being understanding. What a sense of

comradery will all have here.

Actually I don't think you should buy it. Although I personally think it's worth it, it's clear that if you buy it you will resent it too much to enjoy it. I think you would be happier spending that 10 bucks on a movie or a Happy Meal.

By the way, the Batman slapping Robin post said it all.

Franko were do you live so I can donkey punch you? And you won't have you BFC friends to save you old man.

And badgar73 what do you know about Shakespear bit ch.

Guess 10 dollars is nothing. After you get the patch what's to do but wait 5 minutes for it to load.

No that's you Franko you little whimp hiding behind the forum members.

If someone wants to see the game they purchased made better, they can do so for free with the v1.11 patch.

If someone wants to see the game they purchased extended beyond what they initially paid for, beyond what was ever promised, and beyond what any sane person could expect for free... then there's v2.0 Upgrade available.

When we spend many months making something brand new, for people who have already likely gotten vastly more than their money's worth out of the original product, somehow that work has to be paid for or there will be no more CM products at all. Ever. Since nobody gives us grants, tax breaks, or charitable donations to make such products, we have to fund our development the traditional way... having people who use it pay for it.

We're kinda funny that way.

Nothing more to see here.

Steve