Deploy Bug Fixed-Tentative

I agree, there is some very odd deployment behavior. I have some or even all of my guys heading back to where they came from before they deploy. They sometimes end up setting up the MG at some halfway point in between their original position and the assigned waypoint. Also, If I don't give them a facing order, they seem to set up the MG in the direction that they came from rather than the direction they're heading.

Here's the sequence:

1 The Heavy MG team jogs to the bocage, no Deploy order.

2- The following turn the team is given an in situ Deploy order. Hit the button. Two soldiers, led by the gunner, begin moving backwards.

3- The rest of the team catches up and they all congregate at a previous waypoint (I think) facing the camera. But they're Deployed!

The Good: Setup delays are now enforced.

The Bad: er....

The aberrant behavior applies to all weapons teams but does not afflict CMFI.

70738694.jpg

17836024.jpg

76292814.jpg

No you are right ... even with a face command when you order deploy without any movement then they go bannanas and run all over the place.

Thats not good - suggest this will need a hotfix from BF as it is bloody annoying.

the only way I found to resolve it was to give a move order to the same action spot they already occupy.

Deploy after a move seems to be working ok ...

Still wonder the large team has not been split up yet to proper components (leader, gunner, assistant and ammo bearers). So the guys might have some inherent self preserving behavior and dislike to be deployed in such a densly packed, vulnerable manner. :D

So in this regard (german) HMG suck two times. No close to RL firepower and no close to RL deployment scheme. = worthless. :P

Here's a screen grab of the antitank gun leader and gunner wandering off into the sunset (gun in foreground and the errant two crew members shown by the icon). They went walkabout from setup.

From the fun nail biting scenario 'Surrender Invites Death'

saved turn https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45241626/Surrender%20Invites%20Death%20007.bts

cmNormany.jpg

Here's a screen grab of the antitank gun leader and gunner wandering off into the sunset (gun in foreground and the errant two crew members shown by the icon). They went walkabout from setup.

From the fun nail biting scenario 'Surrender Invites Death'

saved turn https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45241626/Surrender%20Invites%20Death%20007.bts

cmNormany.jpg

Well I posted this in tecnical support - but no answer. Would be nice if BF give a response to this issue as it seriously friggs the game.

Apparently. This cannot be reproduced in CMFI in any case.

Got to be frustrating for Battlefront. The Deploy routine must pose some tricking coding challenges.

I've tried following this discussion, but there are obviously multiple points being made in this thread... somewhere in this forest I'm getting lost.

Anyhow, I've had problems in nearly every game of CMFI with support team members running off. In an earlier discussion of the FI forum ( http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=106517 ), it seemed as if the meandering team members had something to do with attempting to set up on difficult terrain. I have since found out that this makes no difference at all. I have an ongoing scenario of Niscemi Highway where an Italian mg unit, in the orchard atop the hill, will not stay together no matter where I ask them to move... the terrain is, for all intents and purposes, flat.

With v2.0 installed for CMBN, I'm having a situation similar to that which I've seen described in this thread, i.e., a German HMG unit moves up to the bocage, deploys and the gunner crawls around a bit before deploying away from the hedgerow where he has no LOS while another member hightails it back to the previous waypoint. The remainder have set up along the hedgerow just like I asked them to. I have a save file for this turn, and I've tried several different things (deploy first, deploy last, covered arc, no covered arc, hide, face, quick, slow, hunt...) to get this team to deploy correctly... all without success.

IIRC, the Italian team has four members, while the German HMG has 6. The American .30 cal in the post linked above has 5, so the number of crew members doesn't seem to have anything to do with this.

If any beta testers want a look, I have save files for each of these although the Niscemi Highway files might take a while to find. I watched the team leader scamper off continuously for ten minutes or more during this scenario, until the team was exhausted and wouldn't move. I'm glad the rest of this Italian platoon was in hiding all this time and I really didn't need the mg team.