CMBN v.2.0 is out!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Installing 2.0 Patch means there is no need to install 1.11 first ?! Its a bit unclear here ...

It shouldn't be required according to some BFC posts. Some people said that some problems with the shaders only appear if you don't have 1.11 before 2.0 but that is unconfirmed, at least one person had the problems although he had both.

Phil will come back with a definitive answer, but I'm pretty sure the PC version needs to be upgraded to v1.11 first.

Save games made in v1.11 *might* work in v2.0. There's no hardcode in the game to prevent trying, but it's by no means guaranteed to work. If it doesn't work I suspect you'd crash out pretty quickly.

The reason v1.11 saves should work is almost all the changes we made involve either "runtime" stuff (like adding new Commands, new UI, etc.) that aren't tied into save game data *or* are dynamically loaded at startup (like new artwork) *or* are changes that are only applicable in the Editor or as a result of choices in the Editor. In the past we might have changed the way the save file format itself works, and that would definitely not work.

Steve

Last night while testing something I pulled the "Normandy v111.brz" from the data folder and restarted just to see what would happen. The game still functioned, scenarios still started, but normal map shading wasn't functional. I didn't explore much beyond that. In another post someone had accidentally upgraded on top of v1.10 so moved a copy of "Normandy v111.brz" from his laptop to the upgraded data folder and apparently all went well.

Save games made in v1.11 *might* work in v2.0. There's no hardcode in the game to prevent trying, but it's by no means guaranteed to work. If it doesn't work I suspect you'd crash out pretty quickly.

Due to confusion around upgrading I can say that I have a game that I opened in 2.0 that my opponent saved in 1.11 and it worked just fine. Not that all turns will but mine did.

Note: we are both on 2.0 now - we are not trying to go back and forth:)

As someone who has done about 1000 installs from a 1.0 disk in the last two weeks, and looked for shortcuts along the way, I can give you some advice :)

1. Patch v1.11 over your current install. No need to revert back beyond that.

2. Run the v2.0 upgrade installer over that.

You won't need to enter a registration code because you're already approved.

That should do it!

Steve

It's the 2.0 manual...talks about how to play the game, scenario design, giving orders, fire missions, and all the features old and new....stuff like that. There's no weapons data/encyclopedia part. Just the basics of how to use CM....which is probably 80% of most of the other CM game manuals.

Mord.

This is what I did but ended up having to enter the registration code for the upgrade. Did so, accepted and able to play.

As someone who has done about 1000 installs from a 1.0 disk in the last two weeks, and looked for shortcuts along the way, I can give you some advice :)

That should do it!

Steve

I know this is a false positive but my antivirus is detecting the patched 2.0 CM Normandy.exe as a "Generic trojan".

Any way this could be fixed? Something must have been done differently when making this exe since this is the first time this happens with any BF game.

That should do it!

Steve

Thanks! I just wanted to make sure I was keeping files I needed and not deleting something I may need again in the future.

I know this is a false positive but my antivirus is detecting the patched 2.0 CM Normandy.exe as a "Generic trojan".

Any way this could be fixed? Something must have been done differently when making this exe since this is the first time this happens with any BF game.

nimtz,

IMO it's better to switch off Heuristics in antivir. Just update every day the virus definitions and you don't need this kind of "protection".