Buddy aid gives you binoculars?

How about a buddy aid involving killed and wounded enemy where for example, Lugers, MP40s MG42s etc get "liberated"? There are many documented cases where troops who were low on ammo picked up enemy weapons and used them to good effect.

Just an idle thought... probably not practible.

SLR

I wish that were possible in this game. Back in Normandy, one of the reasons the outnumbered Brits managed to hold out on Hill 112 near Caen was that they used a lot of captured German MGs and, as a result, acquired way more direct firepower than a unit their size typically would have had.

Huh, I don't remember if binoculars can be buddy aided in CMBN or not. I'm fairly sure that radios can not. Actually, radios are assumed to be automatically picked up by squadmates if the radio operator goes down, even though this is oddly not shown in the UI (no radio is shown but the unit will maintain radio C2 links). So a radio can't really even be dropped unless the unit is wiped out to the last man.

That would be nice. Has anyone noticed how buddy aid interacts with amo in 2.0? In CMBN if buddy aid retrieve a weapon all you get are the bullets in the clip even if the soldier receiving the aid had lots of amo.

BF.C has enabled buddy aid to acquire ammo (and grenades, I think) from fallen comrades in CMFI. It should be back-ported to CMBN2.

@Ammo - I was going to post this question. I've been too busy playing missions and having fun to really notice ... but has anyone run tests on this?? Does buddy aid give you a decent amount of ammo now?

A good way to run this test is with a tank-crew that has mostly .45 Pistols. See if they will pick up a good amount of .30cal ammo in addition to the M1 from a fallen soldier.

In all seriousness U.S. G.I.s were known to be notorious 'souvenir hunters'. More than once it proved their undoing. Get taken prisoner during the bulge battles, the Germans find your pockets filled with 'souvenir' iron cross medals. Bang! Executed on the spot.

In all seriousness U.S. G.I.s were known to be notorious 'souvenir hunters'. More than once it proved their undoing. Get taken prisoner during the bulge battles, the Germans find your pockets filled with 'souvenir' iron cross medals. Bang! Executed on the spot.

Amen. This from the Makin Atoll battle history: "Thompson grabbed the unmanned machine gun and swung it around to face the trench where some stupefied Japanese began to stir. Behind him, a soldier who had been crawling also jumped in, only to shout 'I've been looking everywhere for one of these!' snatch up a Japanese officer's saber from the floor and disappear. Sgt. Thompson never saw him again."

Btw, I'd support being able to police up enemy casualties via buddy aid, to ensure they're listed dead or captured for VC purposes and prevent the enemy from recovering their weapons later. But I can imagine allowing capturing weapons to be subject to abuse.